ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Unknown team going into CBB season that every gambler should know about

North Texas. No Joke.

They are going to upset some people this year.

Keep an eye on them, as they have some really decent talent on that roster.
    Points Awarded:

CarpeDime gave ChalkyDog 24 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

It's getting that time!...

What's your expectations for Arizona this year?

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    North Texas. No Joke.

They are going to upset some people this year.

Keep an eye on them, as they have some really decent talent on that roster.
    noted

this is the best sh*t to be aware of early on in NCAA hoops, after 2 weeks the word is usually completely out, first two weeks, it sometimes is not

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    It's getting that time!...

What's your expectations for Arizona this year?
    Huge huge expectations.

UL and 'Zona are going to be in it for the long haul.

The extra time given to Arizona, for the overseas trip this year, has accelerated our Freshman bigs beyond belief. 3 Top 10 5 star big men in the last class, as a result we are stacked everywhere else.

Miller said time and time again how bad Arizona is last year. I thought that was him just being a hard ass, but it turns out he was telling the gods honest truth.

So far, Miller has done nothing but praise this team so far. Using phrases such as "we are going to be really good this year".

Both our teams are pre-season consensus top 10. This is going to be a great year of basketball. Got my tickets to our version of "midnight madness" in hand, and plan on watching their glorified practice game this Sunday. Really can't wait.

I love gambling football, both College and NFL - but there is nothing like college basketball in terms of sheer entertainment for me.

ChalkyDog

As for North Texas, Tony Mitchell could carry that team to a conference title by himself. Kid is a monster.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Huge huge expectations.

UL and 'Zona are going to be in it for the long haul.

The extra time given to Arizona, for the overseas trip this year, has accelerated our Freshman bigs beyond belief. 3 Top 10 5 star big men in the last class, as a result we are stacked everywhere else.

Miller said time and time again how bad Arizona is last year. I thought that was him just being a hard ass, but it turns out he was telling the gods honest truth.

So far, Miller has done nothing but praise this team so far. Using phrases such as "we are going to be really good this year".

Both our teams are pre-season consensus top 10. This is going to be a great year of basketball. Got my tickets to our version of "midnight madness" in hand, and plan on watching their glorified practice game this Sunday. Really can't wait.

I love gambling football, both College and NFL - but there is nothing like college basketball in terms of sheer entertainment for me.
    Good luck to your boys this season...

Thanks for the info

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Good luck to your boys this season...

Thanks for the info
    No problem.

This Tony Mitchell kid is the real deal too. Saw him over the summer at some skills camp I jumped into because I was in town, and talked to an NBA scout from the Wizards - and he said the word on Mitchell is he is most likely a top lottery pick this year. Dude is physically freakish.

He committed to Missouri I guess, and never even showed up, became ineligible. As a result he had to transfer or something like that to North Texas. It is very easy to say there is not a player even close to him in that conference.

They also have some real solid other players, but Mitchell would start for every team in the country to include Kentucky.

Anyway, yeah - North Texas.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 10-17-12 at 04:29 PM.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

this is some great insight. thanks

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

It all depends on what the lines are or how the odds maker values that team. If the line maker thinks North Texas is going to be real good they could win 25 games yet lose ATS.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    It all depends on what the lines are or how the odds maker values that team. If the line maker thinks North Texas is going to be real good they could win 25 games yet lose ATS.
    yeah for sure, just because a team is poised to have a good year doesn't at all mean they'll be a good bet, and in fact in my experience there tends to be more value with betting against major conference teams poised to have a bad year than mid-majors poised to have a good year, but still, it's great info to be aware of to start the year

ExposingLines247
    ExposingLines247's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6286

been starting to gain some steam in the last couple years, degens should know them by now, lot of high scoring games and high o/u

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Great points, but why is this in the NFL section?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Gonzaga

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Great points, but why is this in the NFL section?
    Posted in PT, got moved to whatever sub forum. They probably saw Texas and didn't understand it was basketball.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Absolutely agree. But there are freak teams out there that if you get behind them early, you can ride them for a while. W.Ky in football is like going to the bank - they are money. Some crazy extended ATS streak that is either still going or ended last week (didn't play any NCAAF last week, so I didn't pay attention).

North Texas isn't a public team in the slightest, so if you see these guys go up against a very public team, chances are they are going to be given a decent line (In theory). Unfortunately, looking at their schedule - no high major team scheduled them thinking they are a W padding cupcake.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Week 1 they play Creighton although I do no think that is a good matchup.

But after that you would think they would be a public team when they have a projected top 5 pick on their team playing against teams full of future janitors

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Illinois will be better than a lot of people think. Groce was the perfect fit for them. Webber was stale. Watch for them. Especially at home....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

3 words

Cit
    A
    Del

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

tony mitchll is insane. indiana will be in final four. nc state will win acc. possible final four