playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Need some help with my NFL Survivor picks this week! Season long thread

OK, well I am in 2 leagues. I have one entry in the $100 league and four entries in the $25 league. These are both rebuy leagues up until the 6th week. The pool for each league works out to around $16,500 for the $100 league and $14000 for the $25 league.

We have 74 people left in the $100 league and 186 left in the $25 league. So still a long way to go. The best news is that I have saved the best teams in the league for the remainder of the season. Since it was a rebuy with a max of 3 rebuys, I took some pretty shitty teams (or so I thought) at the beginning of the season to get them out of the way. Ok maybe it wasnt smart since I had to add money to the pool for the rebuys, but I am confident that saving Houston, NE, GB, Baltimore, Atlanta and San Fran for the rest of the season should pay off. Of course I am not the only one who did that but some of the guys have already used all of those teams or close to it.

Now this thread will be based on the $100 league mainly. I will use one of the $25 teams with the exact same picks. So again, the teams used vary with the $25 teams, but most of these teams have already been used in all leagues. First of all, in week 5 all five of my teams used up the Giants. I also used Arizona in week 4. Other teams that I can no longer use are Cincinnati, Jets, Minnesota and Philadelphia.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So these teams are out for the season: Jets, Philly, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Arizona and the Giants.So who should I take this week?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The obvious choice would be New England, but they have a cupcake schedule for the rest of the season in certain key weeks. I mean I really see only 2 possible losses for NE for the rest of the season and those are home games against Houston and San Fran. NE could EASILY win their next 10 games!!! They play Miami TWICE, Jets twice, Indy, Jacksonville, Buffalo at home and St Louis! I mean with teams like that I should probably save NE for later in the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My favorite choice is San Francisco. I dont have alot of other weeks to take San Fran, but there will be a better spot as they play Miami at home and play St Louis twice. So saving San Fran in at least 2 of the 25 teams is a must do strategy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next choice would have been the Giants, but I have already used them. The main reason why I used the Giants already is because they dont have a single week the rest of the season where I would use them. So the Giants will be a real popular choice among teams who havent used them yet.

----------------------------------------------I have already used Minnesota, but I think that they will lose outright this week anyway. One would have to be crazy to take Houston this week and thus we are only left with the Bears and Green Bay. No chance in HELL that Green Bay loses this week, but I am saving them for week 8 when they play Jacksonville. The Bears will be a very popular pick this week, but I am not sold on DA BEARS at this time. Also, at any time I believe that Matt Stafford will come to life with Detroit. I could take the Bears in week against Carolina or in week 9 at Tennessee, week 12 against Minny or week 14 at Minny.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have mapped out the season and here is what I plan to do with the probable pick listed first
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Week 7: New England (San Fran, Bears or GB)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Week 8: Green Bay 100% (Bears or NE)
    Week 9: San Diego Houston, baltimore or Bears (Really need to take San Diego here if they start playing better)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Week 10: Baltimore (NE, SF)
    --------------------------------------
    Week 11: Dallas (Houston or NE)
    -------------------------------------------
    Week 12: Pitt at Cleveland
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Week 13: Bears (Houston or Denver)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Week 14: San Fran (Hotlanta at Carolina)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Week 15: New Orleans (Houston)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Week 16: Denver (NE)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Week 17: Atlanta, NE, Pitt This week all depends on who hasnt clinched homefield throughout the playoffs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So as you can see, I sure have a shitload of weeks where i can take New England for the rest of the year. But also, there are better options for taking San Fran later as well. Or should I go ahead and take Chicago this week? I may take DA BEARS in one of my 25 teams, but I am not sure that they cant beat Detroit
    Last edited by playersonly69; 10-16-12 at 05:57 PM.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

all I see are 7-8 teams over and over again. To be succesful in these you gotta take a bunch of non public teams. For example I had the Jets last week in my survival pool. I had been in 2 of these but the 1st 1 lost on the niners against Giants. 2nd 1 still active

playersonly69

Well that is true, but those 8 teams will need to be used in the last 11 weeks of the season.

I just cant take the Goddammn Bears this week, I believe that I will just take NE and save San Fran for week 14 when they play Miami. I really should be saving NE for later, but I just cant afford to lose this early

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I've been using the same method you're using. My pick this week is going to be Oakland. I'm saving NE, GB, and San Fran.

Spartan14745

I take that back, I'll be going with the Vikings this week. I just realized, if I make it this far and I've used up all my high percentage picks, I can take Oakland in Week 13 when they're at home against the Browns. GL!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

lmao i doubt your still alive in any

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

vikings @ home a very solid pick this week. to bad I already used them up against the Titans.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here ya go ya fat old cun't

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    you should just use your own judgement rather than going with any advice from this site

Take your own fukin advice.
    Points Awarded:

GamblerSpirit gave ngates815 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

playersonly69

Vikings will lose this week anyway or at least I hope that they do.I have already used Minnesota anyway

playersonly69

OK here are my final decisions for the week. Damnit I want to take San Fran tonight in the $100 league, but I just cant do it. I need to save San Fran for week 14, thus I am taking New England this week.

---------------------------------------------
    In the $25 leagues, I am taking NE on one entry, San Fran on another entry and DA BEARS on the remaining 2 entries where I have already used New Orleans. Because I used NO in those 2 entries, I feel that I needed to save SF and NE for the rest of the season. I plan on using New Orleans in the other leagues in Week 15

playersonly69

Allright, I won all 5 entries last week, but more importantly won my $100 league. The only problem is that EVERYONE ELSE won last week as well in both leagues! I have never seen that in my life where 76 people win in the $100 league and 192 people won in the $25 league, I mean everyone won!!!!

Oh well, a few guys lost on Thursday night with Minnesota.

My picks this week are Green Bay in the $100 league and in 3 of the 4 entries in the $25 league. The other entry I will use Chicago

Week 8: Green Bay 100% (Bears)
    Week 9: San Diego Houston, baltimore or Bears (Really need to take San Diego here if they start playing better)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Week 10: Baltimore (NE, SF)
    --------------------------------------
    Week 11: Dallas (Houston or NE)
    -------------------------------------------
    Week 12: Pitt at Cleveland
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Week 13: Bears (Houston or Denver)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Week 14: San Fran (Hotlanta at Carolina)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Week 15: New Orleans (Houston)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Week 16: Denver (NE)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Week 17: Atlanta, NE, Pitt This week all depends on who hasnt clinched homefield throughout the playoffs

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

Green Bay, Chicago, and San Diego dominate my two pools
    some New England
    got one that picked Oakland

playersonly69

Next week I have to try and decide if I want to take Houston or if I should take a chance and take San Diego and save Houston for later in the season

Spartan14745

I would save Houston, my pick is San Diego.

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan14745 View Post
    I would save Houston, my pick is San Diego.

Thanks for the advice! I am seriously considering doing this!

But first an update. I am still in my $100 league since Green Bay won. I have three entries left in the $25 league as one of my teams lost with Minnesota.

I will take Houston in at least 1 of the $25 leagues, but not the other 2 leagues since I wnnt to save Houston. In one of the other $25 teams I have not used Green Bay yet and will use them. Then for the last $25 team I will take Stan Diego.

I am really worried about Stan Diego, but I sort need to take them in the $100 league. If I can save Houston, then that virtually gives me a bye week later in the season. Here would be my updated pick schedule for hte rest of the season. For some reason, I cant seem to find a good week to take Atlanta for the whole season. Again, these are the teams for my $100 league.

Teams that I have used are NYJ, AZ, PHI, MINN, NYG, CIN, NE, GB

Week 9 Houston or Stan Diego
    Week 10 Baltimore (Oakland)
    Week 11 Dallas (Cleveland)
    Week 12 Bears (minny) Or I could take Atlanta (At Tampa Bay) to save Chicago until wwek 13
    Week 13 This is a real tough week for me. I could take: Denver (TB), Hotlanta (New Orleans),
    Week 14 San Fran (Miami)
    Week 15 Tough Week Probably New Orleans (TB) But could take Houston (Indy) if I saved them
    Week 16 Denver (Cleveland)
    Week 17 Pitt (Cleveland)

playersonly69

OK I am a pussy! I am taking Houston in the $100 league. I just cant trust San Diego and cant leave Houston on the bench.

Hell I havent even used San Fran, Pitt, Baltimore, Denver, New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas or Chicago yet so it would be a shame to get knocked out before I can use those teams

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

if you got Houston, you'll be fine
    lots of people probably used them already

wish I didn't

playersonly69

I am contemplating using Detroit today and saving Houston!

I checked it out and alot of hte guys who took San Diego this week still have Houston left to use. So I am already at a disadvantage unless I take Detroit.

Jacksonville sucks ass!!! Certainly Detroit cant lose

Spartan14745

Looks like all 3 of your choices from last week won their games so no harm done. This week I think I'm gonna take Seattle. I'd like to save NE for Week 11, Pitt for Week 12, and San Fran for Week 14.

Week 13 is difficult for me as well but so far I like BUF, DET, and OAK.

playersonly69

This week it is going to be Baltimore for me in the $100 league and for one of the teams in the $25 league.

In the other 2 teams, I will use New England I believe.

Week 13 should be a good week to take Detroit

playersonly69

OK well here are my final selections.

For the $100 league, I am going with Baltimore. Mainly choosing Baltimore over Pitt and San Francisco because this is really the last week of the season that I can use Baltimore. (Two people took Indy last night and for some reason someone took Jacksonville, so we finally have lost a player at least, now down to 65 I think)

For the $25 leagues, I still have 3 out of 4 teams. For 2 of those teams, I have already used Baltimore. Because of that, I used Indianapolis last night for one team and am using New England for the other team. The third team will use Baltimore this week.

I am about 90% sure that I will use Dallas for week 11. I could use Hotlanta, but I wanted to save them for later. Denver is a possible choice, but I dont trust them versus San Diego and still want to save Denver for week 16 against Cleveland. Dallas will open up as a 7 point favorite over Cleveland. Atlanta will be a 10 point favorite

playersonly69

Well damnit!!! 70% of the league got real lucky this week. 40% of them had New England and another 30% had San Fran.

So far for the second week in a row, virtually NO ONE was eliminated. I won with all 4 of my teams.

Atlanta losing might have actually helped me as i will need to take Atlanta the last week of hte season most likely. Now maybe they have a reason to try and play the starters

playersonly69

I went with the Cowboys in 3 out of my teams left and took Houston in the remaining team

I have still saved Houston for later in the year in 2 of the $25 teams, but with my $100 team I had already used Houston

ttwarrior1

your houston picked lost at least, what a great day, hope u lose the rest on last day

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

@ TT

ttwarrior1

as long as he loses one of these, good day for me

He deserves it,

either way he will change his story as the season goes

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    as long as he loses one of these, good day for me

He deserves it,

either way he will change his story as the season goes
    Looks like another somber day for you as per usual.

ttwarrior1

somber for me?

I won more than anyone in this thread combined today

He was buried when he was born.

He wont win anything, gl saving houston because houston will rest last 2 weeks

playersonly69

Well this week, I took New England with 2 of my three teams in the $25 league. Only problem is that around 25% of the league also took NE. But at least alot of people lost with Dallas.

SO I have 1 more team in the $25 league and I still have my $100 league entry. I have alreayd used Cincinatti in the $100 league, but not in the $25 league.

So in the $100 league, I can either take DA BEARS, Denver or possibly Indianapolis. I really want to take Chicago this week as long as Cutler is playing. I need to save Denver till later in the season and Indy is just a stupid pick

In the last $25 league pick, I can either take Cincinnati, Denver, Indy. I have already used Chicago in this league. I really dont like Cincy tomorrow, but I will have to take Cincy tomorrow and save Denver.

playersonly69

FUVCKKING INCREDIBLE!!! Again almost everyone in the league advances!!

That is like 5 weeks this season where everyone left in the contest won that week, I have never seen a year like this one

playersonly69

Well I wish that I had used Atlanta this week versus New Orleans, but I didnt do that.

Will be a tough week for me for a few of my teams. I am not ABOUT to take Buffalo this week. I will go ahead and use Chicago for 2 of my 4 teams left. I guess that I could take Detroit or the Jets, but I just dont trust those teams. There is no way in hell that Chicago loses tomorrow

IN my third team I am taking Green Bay finally!

And in my last league I am taking Denver.

playersonly69

One last thing for my 2 teams where I am taking Chicago. I could actually take San Francisco this week, but I really need to save them for Week 14 against Miami.

Saving San Fran might really pay off in the long run

The author of this thread has limited replies to SBR Pros. You must be an SBR Pro to reply to this thread.