Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Jets/Pats line high?

10.5 seems like a lot to me. Seems like the Jets are gaining some confidence....worth a shot?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

most computer models have the patriots about 9 points better than the jets + home field advantage

so the line looks about right

keep in mind sanchez only threw for 82 yards, i still think tebow would be better

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Jets win outright......+500 waiting for it

Justin3587

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Jets win outright......+500 waiting for it
    The thought has seriously crossed my mind haha.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Jets have no pressure at all now.....playing confident and no one gives them a chance against a team they hate

Take the points and small shot on the moneyline

Justin3587

Jets have no pressure at all now.....playing confident and no one gives them a chance against a team they hate

Take the points and small shot on the moneyline
    I agree. I havent really paid much attention to the Pats this year, do you know off the top of your head how good their run Defense is? I dont feel like going stat chasing right now haha

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    I agree. I havent really paid much attention to the Pats this year, do you know off the top of your head how good their run Defense is? I dont feel like going stat chasing right now haha
    Pretty decent run defense but pass defense is horrid.......Sanchez/Tebow will even be able to make a few big plays on this scrub secondary

All comes down to the Jets stepping up on defense and limiting Brady as much as possible

But fukk it, I expect the Jets to throw out everything they got and play loose and confident......Usually how this team has done best in the past

Justin3587

Pretty decent run defense but pass defense is horrid.......Sanchez/Tebow will even be able to make a few big plays on this scrub secondary

All comes down to the Jets stepping up on defense and limiting Brady as much as possible

But fukk it, I expect the Jets to throw out everything they got and play loose and confident......Usually how this team has done best in the past
    I agree. I think if they use Tebow a bit more they will throw some serious confusion in the game.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

A win against the Colts at home can be pretty misleading, and when Shonn Greene runs for 161 yards and 3 TDs, you need to start looking to the opponents defense, not praising him. He remains one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL. As was noted above, Sanchez did very little in that game. The Jets also had a +4 TO margin in a game where the Colts were not only shorthanded coming in, but also lost defensive players due to injury during the game.

I think the nature of the Patriots loss last week makes it a good time to either back them or stay out of the way when the next game is in Foxboro and it's a division game. The Pats weakness on defense continues to be in their secondary, but the Jets just don't have what it takes to beat them that way. On the other end, the Jets STILL can't seem to stop the run, and Ridley/Bolden/Woodhead are all tough downhill runners. Brady will have a lot of options on play-action and will be looking to silence criticism after the "u mad bro?" chirping from Seattle.

I think you can take -10 and be pretty confident, or even better, the Pats 1H in the -6/-6.5 range.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-16-12 at 04:15 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    I agree. I think if they use Tebow a bit more they will throw some serious confusion in the game.
    Belichek proved last season that he had a very good handle on how to stop Tebow. Why would he all of a sudden be successful against the Pats now?

sitzlejd
    sitzlejd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Pats are going to be hungry as hell after that loss to Seattle in dramatic fashion. I think the line is a little steep but I could see the Pats making a statement. Laying off this one.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

it that high because if they made it 9 pats would be in about 3 or 4 7 point teasers for me and i doubt they want that....

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Huge Pats Homer here, been to a bunch of Jets V Pats games and been a fan for a while. This game is a no play for me, except a Pats ML parlay. There is no way Pats lose this game at home after a loss, just will not happen. Only thing Brady and Bill hate more than losing is Rex Ryan. With that being said, this is a huge divisional game in which a loss would really hurt either team, tied for 1st at 3-3. Jets will come out like this is the super bowl and will play the Pats tough.

As bad as Sanchez is, and he is bad, he will have at least 1-2 big plays against our terrible secondary which might be enough to keep it close. Pats could easily win 45-3 like the last Jets game I was at, but I see a much closer game than Vegas does. Pats D is just too bad to lay 10.5, but I would guarantee Pats will not lose two games in a row again, will not lose at home again (ok maybe against HOU or SF), and will not lose to the Jets when first place is on the line.

Cromartie going to stop Brady? No

Interesting injuries-RB Bolden might be out and Brandon Lloyd is questions, hit the deck hard in Seattle