Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

NFL W7 Play of the Week : Arizona @ Minnesota (Write - UP)

Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings
    4-2, 1st in NFC West 4-2, 2nd in NFC North

Two of the surprise teams in the NFL will meet Sunday, one of which will move to 5-2. This is a game where I see mismatches all over the field. Arizona traveling into a very tough environment, and it looks like they will have to go with their regular season starter John Skelton. Kevin Kolb hurt his ribs while falling onto the football before two other defenders landed on him. This has trouble written all over it for Skelton who is trying to win his job back.

The Cardinals enter this road matchup with their top 2 running backs out and no rushing game what so ever. The Vikings should have no problem defending against this one deminsional attack, especially when this will be the first full week in a while that Skelton will be taking most of the reps. So you have to figure he will be out of sink with his targets. Also, Arizona's O line has been horrible and their tackles have given up the most sacks in the NFL after the first 6 weeks of the season. This means Jared Allen and company will have a field day, pinning their ears back knowing they don't have to worry about the run game that much.

On the other side of the ball, Ponder has been much better at home managing the game. Do it all Receiver Percy Harvin has been a big reason why. Of course we all know about AP, and how he makes life easier for his young QB. The Vikings coming off a lose to a speeding Redskins offense, and this is a prime spot to get back on track. Playing their style of football, with their home crowd watching.

Look for the Cardinals to turn the ball over in this game, and Harvin and AP will help get the Vikings started early, controlling the clock and scoring enough to cover the line in this one...

Good Luck boys, lets cash this one!

WagerType: Date: Team: Risking / To Win
    STRAIGHT BET Oct 21 NFL [418] MINNESOTA -6-110 110.00 USD / 100.00 USD

Also Im going to play a 2 team teaser Minny Pk and OPEN...

Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 10-16-12 at 11:47 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

love this pick. expect a similar game to last year when minnesota killed 'zona 34-10.. minnesota is much better this year.. and arizona looks worse on offense if possible

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Here are the rest of my leans, going to look at these some more and watch the lines...

NCAAF

BYU/Notre Dame u 41
    USC/Florida u 42

NFL

Carolina +1
    Oakland -4
    Cleveland/Indy O 45

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    love this pick. expect a similar game to last year when minnesota killed 'zona 34-10.. minnesota is much better this year.. and arizona looks worse on offense if possible
    Thanks,

Good Luck to us!

Wouldn't be surprised to see this one close at 7...

5 Dimes juicing the shit out of +7.5 -140...

This one has blowout written all over it...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Louikid is sharp here..

In fact, I picked up MN Defense for my fantasy football team. I smell a pick 6 or two..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Louikid is sharp here..

In fact, I picked up MN Defense for my fantasy football team. I smell a pick 6 or two..

Yes Im starting them over the seahawks this week as well..

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Minnesota could use Jerome Simpson. Someone needs to stretch the field for Ponder. The Baggy Dome is one of the more under rated "toughest places to play".

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the pick, Arizona always seems to do the opposite of what the public thinks they'll do though.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Minnesota could use Jerome Simpson. Someone needs to stretch the field for Ponder. The Baggy Dome is one of the more under rated "toughest places to play".
    I agree,

Quote Originally Posted by Degenregen View Post
    Like the pick, Arizona always seems to do the opposite of what the public thinks they'll do though.
    Im assuming your under the impression that public thinks Arizona covers?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

seriously looks like a no brainer....

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Locked it in at -6

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Agree with the pick. Crushed em last year with D-mac at qb, if I am not mistaken.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    seriously looks like a no brainer....
    Are you saying that it's one of those "too good to be true", type plays?

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Locked it in at -6
    Let's get it!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Agree with the pick. Crushed em last year with D-mac at qb, if I am not mistaken.
    Yeah, last year's result doesn't have anything to do with why I like them, but glad to see you agree with the pick.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Are you saying that it's one of those "too good to be true", type plays?

no wasnt saying that, it really does look solid and it prob high enough to draw some zona interest (especially considering dogs have ruled nfc thus far), doubt the whole world is lining up to lay 6 with minny despite their early success...i think viks are more than capable of covering this, no real need going into detail as you seem to have it covered...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

no wasnt really saying that, it really does look solid and it prob high enough to draw some zona interest (especially considering dogs have ruled nfc thus far), doubt the whole world is lining up to lay 6 with minny despite their early success...i think viks are more than capable of covering this, no real need going into detail as you seem to have it covered...
    I got ya, thanks for the input...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Ticket#:76441930
    Oct 18 08:25 PM
    Oct 21 01:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Oct 16 06:15 PM NFL
    NFL
    2 TEAS FB 6 PT, NBA 5 PT, CBB 4 PT
    [304] SAN FRANCISCO -1-115 (B+6)
    [418] MINNESOTA PK-110 (B+6)
    120 / 100

Decided to close the Teaser w/ San Fran...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Sweeper's play of the week is ARizona!

unreal!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm on Vikings -6 too.....Skelton hasn't played and they're down to their 3rd/4th string RBs too. You could call it a square play but I cashed Cincy & Chicago vs Jacksonville the same way. I think I'll play this one as part of a pleaser play too.

Minnesota 27
    Arizona 10

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I'm on Vikings -6 too.....Skelton hasn't played and they're down to their 3rd/4th string RBs too. You could call it a square play but I cashed Cincy & Chicago vs Jacksonville the same way. I think I'll play this one as part of a pleaser play too.

Minnesota 27
    Arizona 10

far as "sharp" "square" i dont really care but i think they hung a number that will see plenty of zona action, minny still doesnt have the highest perception and up until last few weeks where zona was favs they been a covering machine...again that shit dont matter a whole lot to me as i figure majority prob 50/50 anyways so not worth losing any sleep over when capping gms.... id prefer kolb at qb as i know what we get with him, a guy that in over his head and holds ball way to fukkin long,,,skelton will prob look better after a week with 1st string, need to go back and check on how long he holds the ball??? anyone know off top of their head if skelton will get rid of quicker than kolb? prob my biggest worry,,,either way this a gm min should have their way on the los on both sies of the ball...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yeah I agree,

Minny is not going to be a big public play?

I'm actually showing 56% on Arz, and like I said I think this line moves to 7...

5D still juicing -7 -130

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

Took Vikings for 2 units and 49ers for 3 units myself,also, looking at Gbay n over, Dallas game over45. Hit the asu o68 for 3units. Gl this week Kid!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

GL to you pal

Noles1992

btw, I read something on teams coming off the Bye weeks covering ATS. I remember some kind of trend in the past. Looking for it now. Hitting road tmrw for bases tourney. will try to chime in if I find it
    Also cannot figure out why the Jags/Oak game went up a point on the total to 44. I was leaning under any thoughts?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Cardinals enter this road matchup with their top 2 running backs out and no rushing game what so ever.
    Incorrect. But nice to have that out there in public perception.

The Cards had no running game in the two games before the Bills game. It allowed the opponents to fully commit to the blitz and record 8 and 9 sacks.

In the second quarter of the Bills game they found the solution. A running back by the name of William Powell. He rushed for over 5 yards per carry. That is two carries for a 1st down... When he came on the field the Cards immediately marched down the field and scored a TD to take a 10-9 lead. Bills had no answer for Powell. And Kolb was no longer landing on his back. The offense had its balance back.

So you can imagine my surprise when the Cards OC didn't go back to this. He had the recipe to destroy the Bills and he didn't use it! Instead, he seemed more interested in giving equal opportunity to Powell and another running back. A big mistake. Where Powell was rushing for over 5 yards per carry, Stephens-Howling was rushing for 2 yards. One guy gives you two runs for a first down, the other would need five runs and produces a quick three and out. One guy leads to TD's, the other guy is the equivalent of throwing INT's. This dumb OC gave Powell 13 carries and Stephens-Howling 11 carries. That's why the Cards lost a game they should have easily won.

Until I have more clarity about this strange OC I'm steering clear of the Cards.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

GL with that

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

was on this game as well ,already hit the ml for 1k might put another on it after the 49ers vs Bigbirds game ...got the 9ers ml to win $500

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

GL with that
    With what?

Steering clear? lol

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    With what?

Steering clear? lol
    With thinkin Bill Powell is the answer to their running game...

He has 16 rushing attempts, and that's enough to think he's the answer...

He hasn't even been game-planed for yet...

2daBank

Incorrect. But nice to have that out there in public perception.

The Cards had no running game in the two games before the Bills game. It allowed the opponents to fully commit to the blitz and record 8 and 9 sacks.

In the second quarter of the Bills game they found the solution. A running back by the name of William Powell. He rushed for over 5 yards per carry. That is two carries for a 1st down... When he came on the field the Cards immediately marched down the field and scored a TD to take a 10-9 lead. Bills had no answer for Powell. And Kolb was no longer landing on his back. The offense had its balance back.

So you can imagine my surprise when the Cards OC didn't go back to this. He had the recipe to destroy the Bills and he didn't use it! Instead, he seemed more interested in giving equal opportunity to Powell and another running back. A big mistake. Where Powell was rushing for over 5 yards per carry, Stephens-Howling was rushing for 2 yards. One guy gives you two runs for a first down, the other would need five runs and produces a quick three and out. One guy leads to TD's, the other guy is the equivalent of throwing INT's. This dumb OC gave Powell 13 carries and Stephens-Howling 11 carries. That's why the Cards lost a game they should have easily won.

Until I have more clarity about this strange OC I'm steering clear of the Cards.
    you sure that the success they had running wasnt as much to do with buf beat up, not very good defense? either way i think it fair to say much harder to run on min than on the bills...certainly cant lose by passing tho..

Noles1992

I agree with the Cards are in deep shi_! And Powell nor is the OC going to help that offense. Not sure the cards were the dominant team in the game or even should have won the game. I mean a 61 yrd. field goal to put into OT was quite a bit lucky. Steering clear from playing the Cards is fine, But this is more about the KID making a play on the Vikings as many of us did.
    GL!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

you sure that the success they had running wasnt as much to do with buf beat up, not very good defense? either way i think it fair to say much harder to run on min than on the bills...certainly cant lose by passing tho..
    Powell is a quick little guy. Not quite as little as Sproles, but close. At least he's a running threat. A threat that keeps team from committing to the blitz.

Too many uncertainties. If Skelton is in, the ball will be out of his hands a lot quicker than with Kolb. Skelton is a pretty good game manager, but he doesn't have the big play. The OC is another uncertainty. Other than losing the last game with his game plan, he's telegraphing exactly if it's going to be run or pass, so that makes it a lot easier on the Minnesota D.

Last time Cards came to this stadium AP ran straight through them. Demolition.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-17-12 at 06:29 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Powell is a quick little guy. Not quite as little as Sproles, but close. At least he's a running threat. A threat that keeps team from committing to the blitz.

Too many uncertainties. If Skelton is in, the ball will be out of his hands a lot quicker than with Kolb. Skelton is a pretty good game manager, but he doesn't have the big play. The OC is another uncertainty. Other than losing the last game with his game plan, he's telegraphing exactly if it's going to be run or pass, so that makes it a lot easier on the Minnesota D.
    Thanks for the input, and good luck on your plays...

Who do you like?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

tough line IMO. Cardinals have a stingy D, but their offense is going no where b/c there is garbage O-line. Ponder seems to play well at home, but they really need AP to have a big day. -6 makes me think Vikes are the play, but i can't pull the trigger. Good luck L-Kid. Hope you cash.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    tough line IMO. Cardinals have a stingy D, but their offense is going no where b/c there is garbage O-line. Ponder seems to play well at home, but they really need AP to have a big day. -6 makes me think Vikes are the play, but i can't pull the trigger. Good luck L-Kid. Hope you cash.
    Thanks Broadway Card, Play it for a unit...

Im feeling very confident about this play...

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

what do you think about Tampa? I really think they can cover or win the +3. Saints have done nothing this year to deserve being a road fav.

123 Last