This is my second season betting the NFL, and for a while now I've been betting the public side (majority of action) early in the week, and then betting the side where there is either equal/minority of action on gameday about 2-3 hours prior to kickoff. I will look at Pinny to see what the true value of the line is at that moment, and also at Bovada as I feel they try to anticipate the closing line ... basically using them as an indicator of where the line should be moving to. I try to spot reverse line movement, or spots where Vegas doesn't move the line as I assume that is them taking a side, usually on games that have >65% action during the week. It is difficult to do this with a large degree of accuracy as I just the "thespread.com" pie charts for public money, and not any sort of subscription. A problem I have been encountering is that obviously I feel I miss value in spots where I incorrectly anticipate line movement.

When do you guys feel the best time to place bets is, and in which situations? Any additional resources on this topic would be appreciated as well.