footballnfler
    footballnfler's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Week 6 Picks + Previews

Buffalo Bills +4
    I know buffalo has looked bad, but keep in mind the last two games were against arguably the two best teams in the NFL. After being blown out two times in a row, I think they'll be ready to not let that happen a third time. Buffalo couldn't stop the Pats and 49ers running game, but Arizona has no running game, especially with Ryan Williams out.

Denver Broncos +1 (now -1/pk but still like them)
    Chargers couldn't stop Drew Brees and the Saints. Brees completed 65% of his passes for 370 yards with 4 touchdowns. I think Peyton will put up similar numbers against this Chargers defense. Peyton had a terrible game on MNF at Atlanta, and lost the marquee matchup against Brady and the Patriots. I think Peyton will have a much better game on Monday night than his last one in Atlanta. Broncos win big.

New England Patriots -3
    I know this a huge public play but I like the Pats here. A lot of people don't like the Pats because they have to travel across country and play in one of the most hostile environments against the #1 ranked defense after beating Peyton and the Broncos, so they are due for a letdown. However, I think the Pats will be extra motivated to travel to Seattle and play the best defense, they get it done in Seattle.

San Francisco 49ers -6.5
    Philly ran the ball all over the Giants, the Browns had some success running as well. I expect the same from SF. I don't think the Giants will be able to stop SF's running game. NYG's defense has been suspect and injured. Hakeem Nicks is questionable, but this will be his first game back against a tough defense. I don't think SF will allow a Victor Cruz salsa dance in their stadium. SF destroys the NYG.

Indianapolis Colts +3

The Jets don't have an offense, they rely heavily on their defense and without Revis that's hard to do. The Jets can't stop the run either. Meanwhile, Andrew Luck is starting to live up to all the hype, perhaps emerging as one of the best QB's in the league. On the other hand you have Mark Sanchez who is probably going to lose his job in a few weeks. I think the Jets will continue to implode, it's only going to get worse for this team.

Green Bay Packers +3.5
    Houston is a very good team, but a little overrated. They haven't played anybody. The packers have already seen the two best defenses - SF and Seattle. Brian Cushing is out for the season.

Philadelphia -3.5
    Last time these teams met the Eagles put up 35 points in Detroit. Although the Eagles defense gave up 32, we all agree that the Eagles defense has improved a lot since then. Detroit can't run the ball, and the Eagles have a good pass defense. They held the NYG to just 17 points, who rank 3rd in passing. Philly has a big game.

Cleveland Browns +2.5
    Cleveland picks up their first win, Haden's back obv

Minnesota Vikings +1

Minn is just the better team.
    Last edited by footballnfler; 10-14-12 at 07:30 AM. Reason: forgot to mention joe haden is back vs bengals

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Good picks. I'm on GB and Cleveland myself.