BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Fraud in the CFL Win/Cal

Ya, I wrote it... it was a sham, a scam, and an indecency to sports gambling.

"I know I can't dispute this with you, because you're not the league. However, I want this brought to someones attention because it's outright fraud by the league in question.

On my bet xxxxx I had the Cal/Win game under 52.

I want you to recognize that a true fraud was committed in this game with less than a minute left.

There was exactly 50 seconds left in the game, and the team that was ahead (Calgary) can end the game by kneeling 3 times using the 20 second time clock between plays. HOWEVER, this DID NOT happen. And there is NO explanation as to why.

According to TSN.ca here is the drive log which is clearly mistaken.

3rd and 11 on W19 (00:37) R. PAREDES Field Goal (26 yds) - Field Goal
    2nd and 12 on W20 (00:46) J. CORNISH Run (1 yds), Tackle: H. MUAMBA
    1st and 10 on W18 (00:48) K. GLENN Team Loss (2 yds)
    1st and 10 on W32 (00:50) J. CORNISH Run (-1 yds), Tackle for Loss: R. CHEVRIER
    1st and 10 on W43 (1:00) A. BRINK Team Loss (8 yds), D. BOLDEN Forced Fumble, A. BRINK Fumble, M. JACKSON Fumble Recovery W35, M. JACKSON Fumble Return (0 yds) , Tackle: K. ADAMS PENALTY WINNIPEG: A. SUBER Unnecessary Roughness (15 yds)

There is NO Possible Strategic way that this result can end with a field goal, as the team down (Winnipeg) had NO Time outs to stop the clock, NOR does the game log ANYWHERE on ANY site claim there was a timeout. The game was CLEARLY impossible to end without a time keeper error, and that is exactly what happened. This is an outright FRAUD by this dime store league considering that you are one of their MAJOR Sponsors. This Over was an outright LIE and a SHAM, and in 20 years of betting I've not seen this clear of a fraud in my life by the league."

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Winnipeg had used their timeout in the second half, and Calgary was already in Victory formation on the first play. No mention WATCHING the game why the clock stopped. Because idiot that they Are Matt Done Again, and Rod Dum Dum Black were too engaged in stroking each others egos to actually know what was happening.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Clock should have gone 50 sec - Run play - 46 seconds - Run 20 seconds + Victory formation = 20-22 seconds - run victory formation, game over -

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Nothing to see here folks

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

Hey BB, I agree that it was a weird ending. If I recall the whole situation properly, CGY gets the ball back off a WPG fumble. Then run a play, and mark off 15 yard penalty to WPG. CGY runs a play on 1st down which I believe was the kneel down. Now its 2nd down with 42 seconds and the clock doesnt start. This is where Glenn starts to discuss it with the ref. The commentators dont discuss this situation. Never heard if the ref actually said WPG calls a timeout. Confusing situation. I just sent a tweet to Dave Randorf on TSN to ask if WPG called a timeout. I doubt I hear back from him though.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    STFU donkey

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    Hey BB, I agree that it was a weird ending. If I recall the whole situation properly, CGY gets the ball back off a WPG fumble. Then run a play, and mark off 15 yard penalty to WPG. CGY runs a play on 1st down which I believe was the kneel down. Now its 2nd down with 42 seconds and the clock doesnt start. This is where Glenn starts to discuss it with the ref. The commentators dont discuss this situation. Never heard if the ref actually said WPG calls a timeout. Confusing situation. I just sent a tweet to Dave Randorf on TSN to ask if WPG called a timeout. I doubt I hear back from him though.
    Greek, you're one of the class acts among class acts...

I know you're on the winning side, and still you pipe up. You've been at this long enough like I have to know when we win it's fair, and when we lose it's fair.

I have gone so far as to write my book BEFORE they've even noticed (If they've noticed) a missed grade - EVEN when it's against me... and I know how hard that is to write that email..

As you said, there is NOTHING to show that the clock should have stopped... Black and Dune Again, are stroking each others roosters in the booth and they are too stupid to even know anything outside of what's going on..

I Guarantee you Al Michaels don't let that one slide...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

http://watch.tsn.ca/cfl-games-on-dem...rs/#clip783003

there is the live on demand... someone watch the final minute and explain it to me.

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

Thanks man and likewise. And I stand corrected after viewing that.

CGY 1st down with 48 seconds. They do the kneel down thinking and assuming thats all they have to do. 2 seconds run off the clock for the kneel down. Clock is now at 46 seconds. Referee blows his whistle and with his motion instructs that the game clock run which it does and then it stops at 42 seconds. The ref looks at the sideline while Glenn notices the game clock has stopped and they have a discussion. Another ref comes in and says something to the head ref. I dont hear a whistle to stop the clock at 42 seconds. Having said all that, the only way the clock stops is for a timeout. Are we sure that WPG doesnt have a TO? The reason why I ask is because if you turn up the volume really loud, you can hear the public address announcer say something and then music starts playing which could indicate that the public address announcer says Blue Bombers Time out.

and LOL @ Dunnigan and Black. Black is an over rated host doing play by play. He is so slow to address situations when they happen on the field.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have no idea what your initial post describes, it is pretty convoluting. With that said, I'm sorry you feel you got jobbed, keep this in mind and don't bet this sport. There is so much better football to bet on anyways, you're never going to get your money back.

Look what happened in the St. Louis v. Wash NLDS yesterday. Shit happens man in the gambling world, we're all averse to it.

GL moving forward

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    Thanks man and likewise. And I stand corrected after viewing that.

CGY 1st down with 48 seconds. They do the kneel down thinking and assuming thats all they have to do. 2 seconds run off the clock for the kneel down. Clock is now at 46 seconds. Referee blows his whistle and with his motion instructs that the game clock run which it does and then it stops at 42 seconds. The ref looks at the sideline while Glenn notices the game clock has stopped and they have a discussion. Another ref comes in and says something to the head ref. I dont hear a whistle to stop the clock at 42 seconds. Having said all that, the only way the clock stops is for a timeout. Are we sure that WPG doesnt have a TO? The reason why I ask is because if you turn up the volume really loud, you can hear the public address announcer say something and then music starts playing which could indicate that the public address announcer says Blue Bombers Time out.

and LOL @ Dunnigan and Black. Black is an over rated host doing play by play. He is so slow to address situations when they happen on the field.
    The thing is Greek, you know as well as I do, I wouldn't be writing a thread on the subject if in fact I was told Win has a Timeout... There is a play at 7:03 left in the 4Q that show a break in the play, but that could be officials timeout..

The 2 Big problems I have is 1) I thought Win had no TO's but I can not confirm it.
    2) Black and Dun again are absolute morons, never mind the TSN production crew who, if there WAS a TO, should put it on the screen. From a commentating POV, if there WAS a TO, and say, the kick was blocked, or missed, there was STILL a chance the game wasn't over, but that wasn't the indication from the 2 peanuts in the Gallery. They are the biggest reason I am fired up, on top of the lack of communication. Al Michaels under his breath would be muttering "something" about why that play mattered, like a good commentator with understanding of "more' than the game would know... These 2 idiots... ABHORIBLE!

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    I have no idea what your initial post describes, it is pretty convoluting. With that said, I'm sorry you feel you got jobbed, keep this in mind and don't bet this sport. There is so much better football to bet on anyways, you're never going to get your money back.

Look what happened in the St. Louis v. Wash NLDS yesterday. Shit happens man in the gambling world, we're all averse to it.

GL moving forward
    I'll get over it, no worries... Obv I'm fired up.. But when the difference between winning and losing is a timekeeper... Or was it, I don't know, which is the biggest problem. 22 years I've gambled and it wasn't like this was the biggest bet of my life, but it was the way it went down... Top 5 "jobs" until I have a reason...

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

indeed

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I can't believe that you would put your hard earner money on s CFL game is worse than the fact that you actually watched this game.

C'mon man! I've been to a few Argos games down at the Roger Center, the league is a joke. They throw flags on every other play. The clock stops for no apparant reason. Such a JOKE!

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

you sure you weren't watching the NFL? Other than degeneracy I have no interest is it any more...

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I can't believe that you would put your hard earner money on s CFL game is worse than the fact that you actually watched this game.

C'mon man! I've been to a few Argos games down at the Roger Center, the league is a joke. They throw flags on every other play. The clock stops for no apparant reason. Such a JOKE!
    The problem is I don't think he watched the game live.