milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

**stl cardinals and ny giants are luckiest teams in sports

i will go to my grave thinking the phillies, brewers, and rangers were all much better teams last year.
    nats were a better team this year along with every other playoff team.

and the ny giants might have been the worst team in the playoffs both times they won the super bowl.

but somehow for these 2 teams balls just miss gloves, pitchers walk guys they shouldn't, guys make ridiculous catches, etc - miracle stuff when they're down to their final strike or last chance on 4th down. welker catches that pass from brady 99 times out of 100 but against the giants it somehow gets dropped.

just have to shake your head and say some guys/teams are more fortunate than others

makes no logical sense, but we all have friends or family members that are luckier or unluckier than others, and it continues their whole life.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

you'd prefer the cardinals play the rangers best out of 10 or something? how bout 3 superbowls, best of 3

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Every Brewers, Reds fan burns in their soul watching the Cardinals have postseason success.

milwaukee mike

not crying just saying it's something to live with

quite the opposite, just saying accept it and move on. packers (and even brewers) might have been the best team last year (15-1) but the best team doesn't always win it all.

you're never gonna get 100 chances to play it out

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    you'd prefer the cardinals play the rangers best out of 10 or something? how bout 3 superbowls, best of 3
    no actually i would prefer if the rangers or nationals could hold a 6-run lead against these guys

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You need breaks to win titles of any sorts Mike

Lets win today

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

the ny giants have beaten the patriots in THREE straight games, including at foxboro stadium, which broke new england's 25 game home win streak

it is fair to say the giants are the better team

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    the ny giants have beaten the patriots in THREE straight games, including at foxboro stadium, which broke new england's 25 game home win streak

it is fair to say the giants are the better team
    3 games over 4 years doesn't prove anything Especially when they're all by 4 points or less

The patriots won the 4 games before that

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

these two teams are the perfect example of teams winning championships that are not the best teams in their sport...

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Giants lucky for sure

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

asolutely

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

winners, win. losers, lose. pretty simple. Cardinals have been one of the best teams in MLB for past 13 yrs. 7 NLCS berths. nice string of luck i guess This site is full of losers. whatever makes you sleep at night.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by Herky View Post
    winners, win. losers, lose. pretty simple. Cardinals have been one of the best teams in MLB for past 13 yrs. 7 NLCS berths. nice string of luck i guess This site is full of losers. whatever makes you sleep at night.

thats false... you need to be both lucky and good to win a championship

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i will go to my grave thinking the phillies, brewers, and rangers were all much better teams last year.
    nats were a better team this year along with every other playoff team.
    This. 100x.

What a joke Rangers lost to Orioles. I still can't believe it. Orioles??? Why would they even be in playoffs (from a marketing standpoint)? when was the last time they were relevant? I don't know one Oriole fan.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Giants luckiest team I've ever seen, ever. no nba team has ever been lucky like the new york giants.

that superbowl was over. i had that game in the bag.

stop bringing up bad memories

tools on here thought they were sharp for calling the giants to win that bowl

both SBs were luckiest games in history of sports

It was obvious NE was much better last year. They dominated the entire game during the SB. Giants didn't do shit til the last 2 min. A miraculous catch by a MICH guy that will never ever make that catch again in his career.
    Points Awarded:

sneakerhead gave Goat Milk 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Add in the fact that the Cards don't even make the playoffs except for the new wild card being implemented AND they draw a team that shuts down their ace...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ya know what they say,,,"better to be lucky than from Milwaukee"

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I would be jealous if I was a Milwaukee fan too.

Also, the Cardinals beat Milwaukee pretty easily in the playoffs last year and won the pennant on their home field.

How many times did you want the Cards to beat the Brewers? St. Louis won that series 4-2. Maybe you should change the title of this thread to "The Cardinals are the most clutch team in sports."

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Wah. No fair. The wrong team won. The game shouldn't matter because they weren't the better team. That's what matters. Do over.

Crybabies.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

not crying just saying it's something to live with

quite the opposite, just saying accept it and move on. packers (and even brewers) might have been the best team last year (15-1) but the best team doesn't always win it all.

you're never gonna get 100 chances to play it out
    So why did the Packers lose to the Giants then? Where was the luck....from what I saw Aaron Rodgers and company just couldn't perform in the spot light.

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Add in the fact that the Cards don't even make the playoffs except for the new wild card being implemented AND they draw a team that shuts down their ace...
    Yes, 100x YES! CARDS SHOULD NOT BE HERE AT ALL! ANNNND, WHAT KIND OF POOR MANAGEMENT DECISION WAS IT TO PUT IN STOREN AS CLOSER, GUY HASNT PITCHED SINCE JULY CUZ HE HAD SURGERY....THEEEENNNN, AFTER HE GIVES UP TWO TYING RUNS, THEY LEAVE HIM IN?!?! IF I WERE AT THE GAME AND WERE A NATS FAN, I WOULD HAVE JUMPED OUT THERE AND STRANGLED STOREN! OF COURSE ITS GOING TO BE YANKEES AND CARDS IN THE WS, MONEY TALKS....

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Also some really horrible calls by the ump, calling balls that shouldve been strikes, seems rigged...

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Giants luckiest team I've ever seen, ever. no nba team has ever been lucky like the new york giants.

that superbowl was over. i had that game in the bag.

stop bringing up bad memories

tools on here thought they were sharp for calling the giants to win that bowl

both SBs were luckiest games in history of sports

It was obvious NE was much better last year. They dominated the entire game during the SB. Giants didn't do shit til the last 2 min. A miraculous catch by a MICH guy that will never ever make that catch again in his career.
    You are the biggest New England homer fan I have ever seen. Outside of Brady the team was soft especially last year. You've clearly never been to NY or you would know how football and life in general is always tough and has a chance to win out here.

NYSportsGuy210

I agree with the Cardinals though. That team I will never get. The Mets should have crushed them in the 2006 NLCS and just couldn't put them away. Last year was just perplexing too but you can say they got "hot" at the right time plus they have Pujols (the best player in baseball) so you could understand that a little.

But again this year....it's like wtf.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I agree with the Cardinals though. That team I will never get. The Mets should have crushed them in the 2006 NLCS and just couldn't put them away. Last year was just perplexing too but you can say they got "hot" at the right time plus they have Pujols (the best player in baseball) so you could understand that a little.

But again this year....it's like wtf.
    so you defend to no end how wrong they are about your home team but then agree he right about stl..gtfoh, dont buy into the douchebaggery bro...and dont get it twisted gmen always underachieving reg season team who gets "hot" so dont act like it any different than how these morons comparing the 2, gmen are the nfl version of stl cardinals of late (with shittier fans of coarse),,but both teams that underachieve in reg season then perform when it counts which last i checked mattered most..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 10-14-12 at 06:08 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Norwood wide right

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    So why did the Packers lose to the Giants then? Where was the luck....from what I saw Aaron Rodgers and company just couldn't perform in the spot light.
    So a hail mary on the last play of the half isn't luck? Yeah i'm sure that was in the game plan

And for the people thinking it is crying, get a life. The only crying i see in this thread is by guys that are crying about the existence of the thread.

Some people and teams get more bounces than others, that's a fact. I'm saying bet accordingly or don't be pissed when you lose.

I am on the cardinals today by the way, and yes i had the cardinals to win the nlcs last year. Kind of wrecks some of your theories huh?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I am on the cardinals today by the way, and yes i had the cardinals to win the nlcs last year. Kind of wrecks some of your theories huh?
    Your sins have been forgiven.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Your sins have been forgiven.
    Which sins?

It's a REALLY long list