A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

The Joke that is the NFL

I find it funny. Whenever there is a prime time game and one team is going to seal the game with under 5 minutes left, the mystery flags start flying to keep things close. Laughable.
    Points Awarded:

Riceboi gave A4K 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6746

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I find it funny. Whenever there is a prime time game and one team is going to seal the game with under 5 minutes left, the mystery flags start flying to keep things close. Laughable.
    Big Ben is so far under elite its laughable... f\*g couldn't move the ball closer than a 54 yarder and earlier in game on 3rd down missed easy pass had to settle for FG... ends up losing

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Big Ben is so far under elite its laughable... f\*g couldn't move the ball closer than a 54 yarder and earlier in game on 3rd down missed easy pass had to settle for FG... ends up losing

Yeah, bad play calling by Haley with the run up the gut on 2nd down.

Just find it funny that PI calls and mystery hits with the crown come out late in games when things are about to get out of hand. Smells of manipulation by the officials.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9329

I knew, and so did the Titans, he would run on that down for nothing. No way they should have tried that kick. It was just about 55 yards. I'd rather they went on 4th down.

Just find it funny that PI calls and mystery hits with the crown come out late in games when things are about to get out of hand. Smells of manipulation by the officials.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Home dogs win. Quit taking the favorites ever time and you will win too .

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Home dogs win. Quit taking the favorites ever time and you will win too .
    Didn't have the favorite. I hope your reading comprehension improves.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

It smells funny for sure. But in long run the Squeelers are an nfl money machine and they want them in jan. So helping some crappy 3-13 team like titans win this wouldn't make much sense business wise in long run.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

agreed

bub832
    bub832's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Here we go again! Why is it that everytime someone loses a bet one of these threads starts?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

because theres no chance that he just made the wrong call.... i knew to not go near this game other than take the over.. my gut was telling me to take the titans but with no credible reason as to why other than my gut feeling, i stayed away from taking the points.. now that broncos/chargers game on the other hand.... take that road dog and walk it around the block.. maybe twice.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Joke EXCUSES shty cappers make when they lose! Night Night little fella!

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by bub832 View Post
    Here we go again! Why is it that everytime someone loses a bet one of these threads starts?
    Where did I ever state that I lost something? Simply made an observation. It's in the NFL's interest to keep prime time games close.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    The Joke EXCUSES shty cappers make when they lose! Night Night little fella!

Re-read the initial post. I never stated that I lost anything on this game. I simply made an observation.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    It smells funny for sure. But in long run the Squeelers are an nfl money machine and they want them in jan. So helping some crappy 3-13 team like titans win this wouldn't make much sense business wise in long run.
    I'm not stating that the NFL favors one team over another. The Titans earned that win.

What I am stating is that the NFL appears to manipulate prime time games when they are starting to get out of hand late in a game. The NFL wants drama and they want ratings. Higher ratings mean that whomever holds the broadcast rights can charge more to advertisers. It's in the NFL's interest to keep these games close down to the wire.

Anyone remember the January 15th game between the Giants @ Packers, in the playoffs? Giants stop the Packers with a few minutes left and the Packers down two scores. FLAG ~ phantom roughing the passer penalty on the Giants. The Packer drive is re-ignited and they work down the field to get within one score. Replay failed to show any roughing the passer. The NFL simply didn't want viewers tuning out. It was in the NFL's interest to help keep the game competitive. The NFL wants to foster an environment where the games are not decided until the very end!