k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Why do so many people like the LIONS this week?

Is this more fading the Eagles or loving the Lions?

Looks like a good spot for a Philly win,

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25806

On Phila as well

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Lions will not go 0-5 ATS that's why

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Probably everyone thinks Lions have fixed all thei rproblems after their bye week, and everyone still has the image of Vick getting sacked agfainst the Cardinals and fumbling that ball.. Just adds to more Lions love I think

k13

Quote Originally Posted by hugh4310 View Post
    Lions will not go 0-5 ATS that's why
    why not?

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

have you watched the eagles? they could have the worst o-line in football... not saying the lions are any better. this game could go either way and getting 4 just makes sense here.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Reports are lions are healthy again also they will not go 1-4

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25806

I like a lot of home teams this week..

WHATaTEASE
    WHATaTEASE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I like a lot of home teams this week..
    same here, Philly not one though

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Philly's 3 wins have been by 1, 1 and 2. They are not winning by huge margins. Getting 4.5-5 for a team off a bye seems like the right choice.

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19791

This Pro Football Weekly column might have them fired up http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...l-special-team

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

PHI is the mystery of the NFL right now. You just knew they would cover against PIT despite all logic and reason...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by testertips View Post
    have you watched the eagles? they could have the worst o-line in football... not saying the lions are any better. this game could go either way and getting 4 just makes sense here.

hmm they must be bad b/c i didn't think anyone had a worse offensive line than the Panthers or Cowboys

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

this is very tough game to cap in my opinion. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles win by over 20 points. but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions lost by a field goal.

I would however be completely shocked if the Lions won this game. Lions look miserable this year. They just got embarrased on their home turf by the Vikings.

Maybe its the madden curse

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Skidcom View Post
    This Pro Football Weekly column might have them fired up http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...l-special-team
    Exactly. Lions have a lot of locker room material to think about, and they're coming off a bye week. It's now or never for them

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Teams coming off a bye are hungry and well prepared. Teams with a bye coming up already have their mind past the game. There is some truth to this, here you have both these occurring. If I bet Lions here I would take the ML though.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Got it at +6 now line is already down to +3.5

p19101
    Giants!

I actually took it in a 6p teaser earlier:
    217 Dallas Cowboys +9½ *
    219 Detroit Lions +10½ *

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Tease:
    Detroit +10.5 Atlanta -2.5.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Is this more fading the Eagles or loving the Lions?

Looks like a good spot for a Philly win,
    I'm with you on this one. Anyone on the Lions is doing it solely on blind line value, because there's NOTHING in the fundamentals that anyone can point to in favor of Detroit. They've been god awful since their 5-0 start and have no leadership whatsoever. Philly have issues for sure, but I sure wouldn't fade them with a team like Detroit.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I am worried that the Lions are due for a win and cover. Hope I am wrong.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Take the under. Both teams have struggling offenses right now. I can see another late FG win for Philly.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Reasons Lions +4 and not more - Vick fumbles and the "Lions aren't so bad coming off of a bye week' theory. I would make the Lions prove themselves before betting on them the rest of the year .... they can look at the standings and teams in their division and it isn't going to help their confidence level any.

The Eagles still have some weight at home and they do have talent on their team. They cannot afford to lose to the Lions at Philly so I'm using Phil +3 in a teaser even though the Vick fumbles give me pause.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Lions coming off a bye and getting injured guys back, much bigger game for then because if they lose season could be over and plus Eagles are overrated as usual. Loving my Detroit +5 right now, it was the first bet I placed this week.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Teams coming off a bye are hungry and well prepared. Teams with a bye coming up already have their mind past the game. There is some truth to this, here you have both these occurring. If I bet Lions here I would take the ML though.
    i tend to think this is true if they have good leadership at the top down, not convinced this the case with swartz or anyone on the field as this team stinks of poor leadership from coaches on down...

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i tend to think this is true if they have good leadership at the top down, not convinced this the case with swartz or anyone on the field as this team stinks of poor leadership from coaches on down...
    look at the early bye weeks last year. after first 3 weeks of byes, teams straight up were 7 - 10....ATS it's even worse.. go check out the results... early bye weeks are actually kinda shitty

im a believer getting an early bye week is actually a disadvantage. Bye weeks don't help teams that aren't in rhythm, especially early in the season when teams like Philly are working out their mistakes on the field.

Im all over Philly here. Aside from injuries, the Lions were is disarray before the bye week and will be in disarray this week as well.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    look at the early bye weeks last year. after first 3 weeks of byes, teams straight up were 7 - 10....ATS it's even worse.. go check out the results... early bye weeks are actually kinda shitty

im a believer getting an early bye week is actually a disadvantage. Bye weeks don't help teams that aren't in rhythm, especially early in the season when teams like Philly are working out their mistakes on the field.

Im all over Philly here. Aside from injuries, the Lions were is disarray before the bye week and will be in disarray this week as well.
    like i said i only believe in a bye being a good thing when i totally respect the coach/leadership of team, and that certainly not the case here, in fact total opposite...

det dline vs phi oline scares me to death,,,i mean if andy would actually just run mccoy into the ground that would slow up pass rush and vick could destroy that secondary..but will Reid ever do such a thing? think vick will take better care of rock this week but holy shit phi is miserable in the red zone, every gm ive been on them im hoping like hell they score before they get inside the 20! lol....

honestly im still looking at this gm more from a fantasy perspective and whether or not to start vick than actually betting it (figure i can wait for that), ive been doing like a perfect job of juggling alex smith and vick thus far and i just grabbed ponder for a 3rd option to roll with (rest of team stacked so really just need decent gm from qb, although smith might have won it for me last week as guy i played put up 2nd highest total)..

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Fukk my Lions. Guys are pitiful again. The offense isn't clicking like it was last year. They keep getting field goals and not touchdowns. Also, the defense is worse than ever. They can't stop anyone. Held Chris Johnson under 25 yards rushing (like most teams have) and still got beat by Jake Locker. Lions are in the NFC cellar once again.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1768

I don't trust either teams.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Every game Phila plays is 1 or 2 points

That's one of the reasons
    Vick shaky at times

Phila could easily be 5-0 or 0-5

Bizarre

k13

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Lions coming off a bye and getting injured guys back, much bigger game for then because if they lose season could be over and plus Eagles are overrated as usual. Loving my Detroit +5 right now, it was the first bet I placed this week.
    Season is already over. 7-5 just to get to .500

Philly
    Chicago
    Seattle
    Minnesota
    Green Bay
    Houston
    Green Bay
    Arizona
    Atlanta
    Chicago

:gameover:

p19101
    Giants!

Philly
    Chicago
    Seattle
    Minnesota
    Green Bay
    Houston
    Green Bay
    Arizona
    Atlanta
    Chicago

:gameover:
    If they lose here yes I do agree. Even with a win it's going to be damn hard to reach the play offs, but it's not a done deal. I think the Lions realize what this game means and will come out showing their best side this week.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Lions are a one trick pony on offense with the Stafford/ Megatron show and average on defense (improved from 2011 though). Tough game to call here Philly can bring some serious defense but Vick and the t.o's are scary. Gun to head take the pts this is do or die almost this weekend and Best might play as well for some boost on offense. GL

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Coming off a bye is a good point, but I don't think they are any more motivated than Philly. Reid's job is on the line and they have a lot of problems to fix. Stafford does give them a good chance for a backdoor cover though...

This has the makings of a wild game...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Philly No clue
    Chicago WIN, Cutler never has 2 great games under lights
    Seattle WIN
    Minnesota WIN
    Green Bay LOSS
    Houston LOSS