gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Colts +2.5 @ Denver

I know they're tough at Mile High, but the Colts look like they're starting to click.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boy, This is one tough game we have here.

What it all comes down to for Denver is Jake the snake. This guy has to really step up his game if the Bronco's have any shot at all to win this one.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts win here. Surprised Denver is laying points here. Their defense is not good enough to keep manning off the board and with Denver only averaging above 13 points per game here, I think colts score at least 2 TDs.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am staying far away from this game.. Will be fun to watch IMO.. Money will spoil it..

One of the few games I have been looking forward too all year.

primo_skillz

Why does everyone think Denver is a high quality team? They lost to the rams and new england, and then beat a decent baltimore team (not a fan of them either) and then oakland and cleveland. Big deal.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep an eye on that Indy Mike Doss injury that occured at end of game..Indy already weak in secondary. That said, Offense that stays on field necessary to stop Colts Off. Denver still hasn't put up more than 17 points; therefore, I like Indy, especially as teaser prospect...

primo_skillz

Thank you nosuzieno. A colts backer!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

colts are dogs? They _PWN_ Denver.
    Unreal... This is a gift, IMO.

MPMEYER1982
    MPMEYER1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    Why does everyone think Denver is a high quality team? They lost to the rams and new england, and then beat a decent baltimore team (not a fan of them either) and then oakland and cleveland. Big deal.
    Actually they beat New England 17-7 at Gillette Stadium. It should be a great game between a great offense and a good defense. The line will more than likely be a pick at kickoff.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

please oh please hammer that line down.

Denver is gonna run all over that Dungy swiss cheese defense.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line is down to one and I happen to like Denver in this spot. Manning in cold weather road games will spell disater for the Colts.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

as Denver Fan, I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THIS LINE THIS MORNING!!!! I thought we would be 5 or 6 point dogs, NOT 2.5 FAVS! Are you kidding me? The Defense has been great, but that will not hold. Our offense is looking pathetic, and once again jake has more int's then TD's. This game scares the hell out of me, plus we have been owned by indy in recent years. Interesting line to say the least.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Welp, you're sure going to find out if Denver is ready to make the next step. Their D is up, their O is down and it's time to face their owners.

I think this is as good a spot for Denver as they're going to get. Indy is still playing garbage defense. I still can't see Denver winning. If they did, they'd have to generate several (2-3) turnovers and not turn it over themselves.

I really think that line, no matter what it is now, is off by at least 5-7 points in the wrong direction.
    No disrespect to Denver, I don't think they'll get blown out like games of the past... But I don't have confidence in Jake or the running backs protecting the ball enough. To me, turnovers will be the huge difference.... Not to mention, the Colts have defenders that can defend the naked bootleg, which is obviously the bread+butter of Denver's O.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

it looks like the weather will be a non factor acording to the news.

primo_skillz

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    Keep an eye on that Indy Mike Doss injury that occured at end of game..Indy already weak in secondary. That said, Offense that stays on field necessary to stop Colts Off. Denver still hasn't put up more than 17 points; therefore, I like Indy, especially as teaser prospect...
    Mike doss will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL.

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    Thank you nosuzieno. A colts backer!
    I'm an Indy season ticket holder so gotta be a SU backer and I like them here...Denver's D has not faced an offense like Peyton and the boys and I think our run game improving...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think our run game improving...
    Agreed...I don't think there is any question that Addai is going to get the bulk of the carries as the season goes on.

Doc JS

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2
    as Denver Fan, I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THIS LINE THIS MORNING!!!! I thought we would be 5 or 6 point dogs, NOT 2.5 FAVS! Are you kidding me? The Defense has been great, but that will not hold. Our offense is looking pathetic, and once again jake has more int's then TD's. This game scares the hell out of me, plus we have been owned by indy in recent years. Interesting line to say the least.

Are you serious?

The broncos a 6 point dog in Denver?? No chance.

Indy isn't all that this year, neither is Denver but still.

nosuzieno

keep an eye on this:

INDIANAPOLIS - The undefeated Indianapolis Colts expect defensive tackle Montae Reagor to miss a second straight game after he was injured in an automobile accident while on the way to Sunday's matchup with Washington.

State police reports said Reagor's head was injured when his SUV flipped over after another car that ran into him while he was driving to the RCA Dome.

Coach Tony Dungy offered no additional details on the injuries Monday during his regular news conference. Dungy also said Reagor was not taking visitors and then ruled him out of the Colts next game at Denver. .

While Reagor's injury received most of the attention Monday, it might not be the most serious the Colts are facing.

Safety Mike Doss, a starter the last two years, reclaimed his starting job when Pro Bowler Bob Sanders injured his right knee. Sanders has missed the last four games, and now Doss has a sprained knee.

Dungy said Doss had an MRI on the knee Sunday night, but he did not know the results. Doss, who had crutches, declined comment.

Dungy is hopeful Sanders will return this week. Sanders ran several times last week, but did not participate in full-scale practice with his teammates and sat out Sunday's game.

"I would think he'd be ready," Dungy said. "I think he's anxious to go, and imagine he'll practice this week and be ready to go."

Reagor's absence could prove detrimental to a run defense that is trying to reassert itself after allowing a league-worst 158.0 yards per game this season.

Since joining the Colts in 2003, Reagor has started 45 games and had a career high 5 1/2 sacks last season.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver -2.5 is my favorite play of the year to date. I'd take them -2.5 on a neutral field.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Denver has given up 2 TDs all season..

If you like better defenses at home then take the Broncos..

nosuzieno

Now Doss out for season...Won't touch this game...but to take Denver ya gotta either believe they will finally score over 17 and/or they will hold Indy to 14 or less. Gl to all~

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been against the Broncos in every game of theirs except the NE game.

But they should be at least -3 at home against anyone in the league -- including SD if only beacuse it's a division game.

I wish I was convinced that the number will move down, but I'm actually afraid that the 2.5 will only get more expensive.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Tough game, I have no idea who takes this one. indy was on fire 2nd half against Wash. If they can play at that level here they have a good chance to beat Denver

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

if you're going to take Indianapolis, take them SU instead of the +2.5. I think Indianapolis has a good chance to win this game more than 50% of the time.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Don't let Doss (season) and Reagor (next week at least) being out fool you. Doss is close to losing his job, anyway. That D is horrible. However, they do have a couple playmakers and they happen to be at positions that can actually help generate turnovers (DLine).

It also, in fairness, should be noted, that Matt Lepsis is out for the year. That's a big damn deal. Will it cost them the game? no, but losing key lineman definitly HURTS.

This thread is getting me reved up a bit, so maybe it's a no play. I have a unit on the Colts already, though - I probably have to stick with just that. The Colts history vs Denver is one Bronco fans want to forget. Heck, _I_ want to forget. I like watching the Broncos.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Besides the Giants in week one what wins does Indy have that are impressive. If Denver’s offense was clicking they win this game by 10 but I will say they win at least by 3.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I like Colts with Booger to slow down the Bell's enough to pull out a W in Denver.

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    Besides the Giants in week one what wins does Indy have that are impressive. If Denver’s offense was clicking they win this game by 10 but I will say they win at least by 3.
    add playoff teams from last year Jacksonville and Washington...
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 10-24-06 at 02:23 PM.

naloboy
    naloboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 561

ithink the n.o. game looks good. believe they are going to go a long way due to faith if u believe in it . . . watch out

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Also keep in mind Denver has the best winning record AT HOME. I think they are up to like 13 games straight at home winning now, honestly I would stay away from this game.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I hope people don't get suckered into taking the points.
    Denver -2.5 or any spread thrown out there.
    Denver BIG BIG BIG
    Colts should be favored by something not dogs therefore that tells me not to question it and take denver.
    This is just like the game 2 weeks back KC +7 from Pitt many fools jumped on KC plus the points only to be sick after the first half

McBa1n
    Update your status

History has to mean something, no matter where they play.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

add playoff teams from last year Jacksonville and Washington...
    Oh you mean 3-3 Jaksonville who just lost by 20 to the one of the worst teams in football and 2-5 Washington

nosuzieno

granted not the level of competiton the Broncos have faced Stated way earlier in this post I am staying away from this one, but if giving points to Indy is where you find value I sincerely wish you the best of luck...

1234 ... Last