easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Any reason why Patriots only 3.5 point favs against Seattle?

Considering another big play on Pats here. took them against the Bills a couple weeks ago and they delivered big. I would be betting the ML not the spread. Seattle's D is very solid and Lynch has been running well however with a rookie QB can't see Seahawks close it out and win the game. What am I missing here?

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Seattle is very tough to play in. The way the crowd is set up maybe the most difficult stadium to play. Yes rookie QB, but they get things done in Seattle. + great D

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Considering another big play on Pats here. took them against the Bills a couple weeks ago and they delivered big. I would be betting the ML not the spread. Seattle's D is very solid and Lynch has been running well however with a rookie QB can't see Seahawks close it out and win the game. What am I missing here?
    Playing in the house of death. Still, it is Brady and unless Seattle can do some things differently on offense and Wilson starts to make big plays, the Hawks could fall behind early and then get blown out as they are forced to throw. Considering teaser play on N.E. but not a featured one of the week.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Seattle got D

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I like it as well

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough to see Pats losing but as mentioned Seattle is a tough place to play and they have defense. Another angle is opposite coast teams are usually flat when travelling cross country.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

if it is raining take seattle. travel cross country into a gloomy city against a team that will be fired up.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Huge Pats fan but I have a few concerns. Seattle has very good young corners and will take a lot of the field away from Brady. Also, lets not forget what that D line did to Rogers a couple of weeks ago. Running game for the Pats is SOLID, but Seattle's D at home really shouldnt give up too many yards on the ground.
    Brady is the best playing, but everyone knows he gets frazzled easily when he is getting knocked around. I will be taking the Pats as well because they have cashed for 3 out of 4 bets, however this is a tough game to call. The short pass to Welker will be there all night, just dont know what his reception O/U is gonna be, if its less than 10 I will prob hit it hard.

Under 44 is looking slightly appealing...tough game

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i'm shocked the line is not 7 my self.

i want to take the Patriots b/c i just feel like the Packers and Cowboys had some bad luck go against them and it would be crazy for Seattle to beat the Patriots too.

Seattle's defense is good but they can't pass the ball worth a shit.

the big question is... how good is the Patriots run defense???? i haven't watched them closely on defense??

seriously can the Patriots stop the run???

b/c if they can't Marshall Lynch and he runs for 150 yards or more I guarantee you the Seahawks win.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Pats are hot now, RIDE THEM... I also hit them up big vs Bills it was a perfect spot bet for NE and it was my GOY and it hit easy after starting out sloppy!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

all this love for patriots is making me second guess. i really want to make a big play on them. fukk it
    i'm gonna pull the trigger on Brady and the Pats.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    all this love for patriots is making me second guess. i really want to make a big play on them. fukk it
    i'm gonna pull the trigger on Brady and the Pats.
    they are not starting out games sloppy now, if they are under -3 for the first half I think I may just take a shot with that! Pats may want to build up a lead and then cruise on it and get out of town with a W just like most good NFL teams look to do on the road

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i'm shocked the line is not 7 my self.

i want to take the Patriots b/c i just feel like the Packers and Cowboys had some bad luck go against them and it would be crazy for Seattle to beat the Patriots too.

Seattle's defense is good but they can't pass the ball worth a shit.

the big question is... how good is the Patriots run defense???? i haven't watched them closely on defense??

seriously can the Patriots stop the run???

b/c if they can't Marshall Lynch and he runs for 150 yards or more I guarantee you the Seahawks win.
    Pats are only giving up 82 yard per game on the ground. They're front 7 is big, fast, and physical. I'm not worried about them stopping the run on any team. Phil Simms seems to think by the end of the season they will be the best team against the run in the NFL. Its the secondary that worries me, but I can't see Wilson making enough plays to keep up with Brady and the Pats O. -3.5 Pats is the play.

CupWanted
    We're not worthy!
    CupWanted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I'm a Pats fan so you can take this with a grain of salt if you like but the pats D is actually good this year. Unless Lynch runs wild Wilson isn't beathing them.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Bills have a very crappy defense. The Seahawks have one of the best defenses in the NFL. Only reason this makes me worry.

SmittyZ28

Even with all my second guessing earlier just locked the Pats in @ -4 (even) for a 5 unit play. Liked the 3.5 but couldn't get better than -120-130 on the juice

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

this game has all the writing to be a 19-16 final score.. ill take Seattle +3.5 but idk, theres other games i'd rather load up on. (i.e. that free money line in the Denver vs San Diego game)

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by CupWanted View Post
    I'm a Pats fan so you can take this with a grain of salt if you like but the pats D is actually good this year. Unless Lynch runs wild Wilson isn't beathing them.
    Big Pats homer as well, though only bet them straight up occasionally.
    My big concern for them is secondary, especially the corners.
    I do believe cornerback is an extremely difficult position, but as a group these
    guys must be bottom 3rd in the league. They will lose them a game this year, I just hope it doesn`t happen in
    the playoffs.

SmittyZ28

McCourty play the damn ball not the receiver!!! Can always count on him for a pick when the Pats are up two scores though...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Big Pats homer as well, though only bet them straight up occasionally.
    My big concern for them is secondary, especially the corners.
    I do believe cornerback is an extremely difficult position, but as a group these
    guys must be bottom 3rd in the league. They will lose them a game this year, I just hope it doesn`t happen in
    the playoffs.
    glad someone else mentioned this,,,run d much improved but that secondary has holes and pass rush isnt good enough to cover them up..not sure it matter this week as book still out on whether wilson can take adv...honestly i almost always play seachickens at home or pass but i think this one a pass if those my only options cause what pats offense has evolved into right now i think will help neutralize sea strengths, pounding the rock and welker isnt the kind of guy those big physical corners are built to stop...sea at home is tough on anyone but i think it pats or pass in this one, more than likely pass for me cause like i said i dont bet against sea at home to often...

H-Money
    H-Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes Seattle has a good defense, but they have not faced a top 15 offense yet this year, let alone a top 5. I believe the PATS offense is the number one offense in the NFL right now ( could be wrong on that) but def top 5. Also Aaron Hernandez practiced last week but was inactive, he could play this week. That’s another option for the pats offense hitting on all cylinders right now. PATS -3.5 for me

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    this game has all the writing to be a 19-16 final score.. ill take Seattle +3.5 but idk, theres other games i'd rather load up on. (i.e. that free money line in the Denver vs San Diego game)
    Free money line...do tell more

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are on the road. even favorites dont lay 10 points on the road.

well when they do they lose. look at Houston and Baltimore this weekend. layed fat spreads but home dog covered.

Seattle got D.

ssmann
    ssmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2465

ride the pats ML for next few weeks

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Aside from Arizona, the Pats have not faced a decent defensive team yet. That's why they've averaged 38 points on the road.

The Seahawks defense is top 4 this season and they have the highest home field advantage (4 points).

I suspect Seattle will keep it close.

Seattle +3.5

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

From what I read, the Pats weakness is it's secondary. Can Russell Wilson even exploit this? Maybe they start Flynn?

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

As much as i like this game for the Pats, i've had SOOOOOO MUCH BAD LUCK betting against Seattle and Miami i swore to myself when i started gambling again i'd never bet against them or for them, i just stay clear of all those games.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

Seattle has the best secondary in football where ANY one of them can come on a blitz vs a revamped NE o-line. Brady looked jittery a couple of times against Denver looking to go down when nobody was even near him. Seattle is a different team at home as well. Wasn't there a similar discussion a few weks ago when Dallas who whipped NYGiants went there? I'm just hoping public drives up the line before I play this.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

If Seattle does anything this game they will get killed the following week, I mean killed.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

joe public is pounding Seattle but i got news for them suckers

Tom Brady is better than Romo, Rodgers, and Newton combined.

tripled83
    tripled83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

i like the pats. tough stadium, good defense line but Brady has seen it all. i like pats o vs Seattle d. Wilson is a play-maker but being short makes it very hard to see over huge o linemen. my only real concern is lynch but cant really see him winning the game by himself. I really hate playing the moneyline with the favorite. I think they will cover. id give the points and take the pats.

tripled83
    tripled83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    glad someone else mentioned this,,,run d much improved but that secondary has holes and pass rush isnt good enough to cover them up..not sure it matter this week as book still out on whether wilson can take adv...honestly i almost always play seachickens at home or pass but i think this one a pass if those my only options cause what pats offense has evolved into right now i think will help neutralize sea strengths, pounding the rock and welker isnt the kind of guy those big physical corners are built to stop...sea at home is tough on anyone but i think it pats or pass in this one, more than likely pass for me cause like i said i dont bet against sea at home to often...
    The secondary would be more of a concern to me if Seattle had some one to throw it to.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Even at the Seahawks park, not betting against Brady when the Hawks have a rookie QB with minimal passing yards and the N.E. defense can focus on stopping the run and short passing game. Hawks CB's or no, Brady can put up points quickly. Pass.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave heywally 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fx-
    fx-'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

joe public is banging the patriots i guess.

stay away but if forced patriots ml

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

well at the time, san diego was favored by 1 with a sweet money line in the broncos favor.... now its a pick em with the broncos +100 on 5Dimes. San Diego has beat oakland, Tenn, and Kansas city and got owned at home by the Falcons and struggled in a loss against the Saints who cant stop a nosebleed on defense. Broncos have played the Texans, Falcons, and Patriots Close and barely lost. Ill take Peyton Manning coming off a Bye on MNF .

12 Last