marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eric Winston angrily spoke out against fans who cheered when QB Matt Cassel Injury

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Good for him. Very classless thing for those fans to do. Its sad how empathy has slowly been erased from our society.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Good for him. Very classless thing for those fans to do. Its sad how empathy has slowly been erased from our society.
    National Media is blowing this way out of proportion. Considering the tension in KC right now a few thousand fans would have cheered this in any stadium in the country. To say all 70,000 was cheering is flat out wrong. First of all the chiefs have not put 70,000 into arrowhead for years. Additionally, a lot the fans were cheering because Quinn started putting on his helmet and warming up right after. Cassel's hit also looked very weak and no one would have guessed he had a concussion. Again, this would have happened in any stadium in the NFL given the situation.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    National Media is blowing this way out of proportion. Considering the tension in KC right now a few thousand fans would have cheered this in any stadium in the country. To say all 70,000 was cheering is flat out wrong. First of all the chiefs have not put 70,000 into arrowhead for years. Additionally, a lot the fans were cheering because Quinn started putting on his helmet and warming up right after. Cassel's hit also looked very weak and no one would have guessed he had a concussion. Again, this would have happened in any stadium in the NFL given the situation.

i have a-lot of kc fans on my facebook, even they were cheering with glee that cassel was hurt.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

That doesn't make it right.

emat

That doesn't make it right.
    Not saying its right to cheer for a hurt player, but I take issue with the national media handling and Winston comments. The dude has been in KC for 3 months, played average at best in protecting Cassel and rips a fanbase that has been supporting a losing team for almost a decade now. I also don't remember Gladiators getting paid millions of dollars either. Its human nature and the entire KC fan based should not be blamed for this. How about blaming management for putting a bad product on the field year in and year out?

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

stop being little bitches. Its a concussion. not like the dude died or got paralyzed on the field. injuries happen its part of football. and yes when a player gets injured on my team and taken out of the game who has 13 turnovers in 4.5 games I would be celebrating tooo.....

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Thanks, Ttwarrior

Teaser Sucker
    Public Fader
    Teaser Sucker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

You are dead on. I'm a KC season ticket holder..trust me, their was more cheers when he got up than boo's..but yes, we are ready for change, and have been. We were def glad to see Quinn take the field.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read some of Winston's comments yesterday and applaud him. The fans were classless.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Not saying its right to cheer for a hurt player, but I take issue with the national media handling and Winston comments. The dude has been in KC for 3 months, played average at best in protecting Cassel and rips a fanbase that has been supporting a losing team for almost a decade now. I also don't remember Gladiators getting paid millions of dollars either. Its human nature and the entire KC fan based should not be blamed for this. How about blaming management for putting a bad product on the field year in and year out?
    Winston did say that he would prefer them getting onto him for bad protection, instead of what actually happened.

emat

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I read some of Winston's comments yesterday and applaud him. The fans were classless.
    Yes but to generalize a fan base is wrong. I also have spoken to numerous people that were there and all say it was not near as bad as it seemed on TV. There will always be bad apples in the stadium but to say the entire fan base did this is irresponsible. I hope they start booing him next week. His performance sucks as well and they need to run him out of town along with Cassel.

Teaser Sucker
    Public Fader

Yes but to generalize a fan base is wrong. I also have spoken to numerous people that were there and all say it was not near as bad as it seemed on TV. There will always be bad apples in the stadium but to say the entire fan base did this is irresponsible. I hope they start booing him next week. His performance sucks as well and they need to run him out of town along with Cassel.
    Once again, you are dead on.

emat

Quote Originally Posted by Teaser Sucker View Post
    Once again, you are dead on.
    Would never wish an injury on anyone but it would be interesting tonight if Sanchez tweaks an ankle tonight and see what the NY fans do to him. Guessing the same response if not worse.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The guy looked like a huge pussy. Almost went full TO out there.

Listen, these guys get paid literal millions to do their job. It is an entertainment business, and they are crying when the audience has a reaction?

Give me a break, I repeat, literal Millions of dollars, they are well compensated for them "putting their life on the line".

If they can't handle us talking shit to an under-performing jack ass who gets paid millions to suck at his job. Fukk you, you whiny bitch.

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Listen, these guys get paid literal millions to do their job. It is an entertainment business, and they are crying when the audience has a reaction?

Give me a break, I repeat, literal Millions of dollars, they are well compensated for them "putting their life on the line".

If they can't handle us talking shit to an under-performing jack ass who gets paid millions to suck at his job. Fukk you, you whiny bitch.
    This^^^ They whine more than US troops in Afghan and by the way they get paid much less

Teaser Sucker
    Public Fader

Would never wish an injury on anyone but it would be interesting tonight if Sanchez tweaks an ankle tonight and see what the NY fans do to him. Guessing the same response if not worse.
    No doubt about it. Considering Chiefs fan base is one of the most loyal in all sports; a reaction like that has underlining meaning. Regardless, there was overwhelming cheers when he got up, before the smaller percentage of boo's came out. I was one who did both.

Teaser Sucker
    Public Fader

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post

Agreed.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

I was cheering too, he robbed the Chiefs organization of enough dollars anyway.

Any loser will good in the Patriots system. Just look at Brady.

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

It's sad how the national media has blown this thing out of proportion. Eric Winston heard a few fans in the lower level of Arrowhead cheer, whether it was for Cassel being injured, or Quinn running to get his helmet, he assumed that what he heard was "disgusting". I was there, and there was some cheering, but it was pretty apparent everybody was excited to see Quinn throwing the ball on the sideline. Not to mention, there was probably a few thousand Ravens fans in the lower level on the side of the field where Cassel was laying, but they weren't classless for cheering when he was laying there.....cough cough. If the fumble from Flaco stands, or the D Bowe touchdown stands, Eric Winston wouldn't even have opened his mouth because we would be celebrating a Chiefs win, but since he was in a bad mood in the locker room, the entire Chiefs fan base is labeled as "classless".

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I lived in KC for a year....nice town...very similar to my hometown Indy. That being said....teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Browns fill the place every Sunday for the same old $hit every year and thats stupid. I like Chinese food but I'm not going to the same place every week where roaches crawl out the back. You buy tickets for a team $25 mil under the cap then you're the problem...not the QB.

Teaser Sucker
    Public Fader

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    It's sad how the national media has blown this thing out of proportion. Eric Winston heard a few fans in the lower level of Arrowhead cheer, whether it was for Cassel being injured, or Quinn running to get his helmet, he assumed that what he heard was "disgusting". I was there, and there was some cheering, but it was pretty apparent everybody was excited to see Quinn throwing the ball on the sideline. Not to mention, there was probably a few thousand Ravens fans in the lower level on the side of the field where Cassel was laying, but they weren't classless for cheering when he was laying there.....cough cough. If the fumble from Flaco stands, or the D Bowe touchdown stands, Eric Winston wouldn't even have opened his mouth because we would be celebrating a Chiefs win, but since he was in a bad mood in the locker room, the entire Chiefs fan base is labeled as "classless".
    Absolutely. Got robbed on those two calls, FYI. Def on one of them.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    stop being little bitches. Its a concussion. not like the dude died or got paralyzed on the field. injuries happen its part of football. and yes when a player gets injured on my team and taken out of the game who has 13 turnovers in 4.5 games I would be celebrating tooo.....
    you need to get knocked the fukk out!!!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I was cheering too, he robbed the Chiefs organization of enough dollars anyway.

Any loser will good in the Patriots system. Just look at Brady.
    you're not even a chiefs fan? wtf?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Obama cheered. Classless.

Smutbucket

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you need to get knocked the fukk out!!!
    give me a time and a place bitch. I would love one of these sissy ass bitches crying about "the fans cheering after the injury, how disgusting" to hit me in the face...chances are if they have this mindset in life they are a big pussy anyways

injuries are a part of life, and no ones "wishes" or "cheers" arent gonna effect it, get over it, Im aloud to voice my opinion, and my opinion is cassel should be benched

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    IThat being said....teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Browns fill the place every Sunday for the same old $hit every year and thats stupid..
    i agree

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

give me a time and a place bitch. I would love one of these sissy ass bitches crying about "the fans cheering after the injury, how disgusting" to hit me in the face...chances are if they have this mindset in life they are a big pussy anyways

injuries are a part of life, and no ones "wishes" or "cheers" arent gonna effect it, get over it, Im aloud to voice my opinion, and my opinion is cassel should be benched
    i'm in los angeles. you mentioned you moved to cali to smoke weed right? i can get a gym in burbank. let me know when. but you'll have to sign some papers before hand. no joke...

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I realize it's a different sport, but fans cheer KOs in boxing all the time

Also, Eric Winston seems a little fruity

Smutbucket

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i'm in los angeles. you mentioned you moved to cali to smoke weed right? i can get a gym in burbank. let me know when. but you'll have to sign some papers before hand. no joke...
    oh its on now you little bitch, I was gonna let it slide before that stupid ass comment about weed. typical ignorant bullshit I gotta hear all the time from bitches out here in florida, Ill be in Cali in a couple weeks, lets set it up, I doubt though your even big enough to fight me,
    im 6'3 , 240, check out my facebook page, been a while since I got in a bar-fight, its long overdue......

i also will be attending the next SBR bash so, i dunno if you show up to those ,but we can settle it there

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

oh its on now you little bitch, I was gonna let it slide before that stupid ass comment about weed. typical ignorant bullshit I gotta hear all the time from bitches out here in florida, Ill be in Cali in a couple weeks, lets set it up, I doubt though your even big enough to fight me,
    im 6'3 , 240, check out my facebook page, been a while since I got in a bar-fight, its long overdue......

i also will be attending the next SBR bash so, i dunno if you show up to those ,but we can settle it there
    you think a 6'3" 240 stoner would scare me? let me know when you're in los angeles.

but you will have to sign waivers in this gym and this isn't for my sake tough guy.

oh and it won't be a bar fight. you'll get to wear 4oz gloves.

Smutbucket

go to the next sbr bash, seriously, Im not gonna waste my time looking for you, or setting up a fight at a gym with you, but I will go to the next sbr bash,

ha....waivers......I can already tell your a little bitch....by your perspective of people who smoke weed and your initiative to sign waiver before a fight,

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

check your pm tough guy. i sent you the time and place.

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/...lamed-fans-for

emat

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    Winston is a cry baby loud mouth and sucks at football anyway. He is part of the reason Cassel sucks. We need to run him out of town. KC fans are some of the best in the country. Any fanbase that has to deal with the failure of the Chiefs and Royals year in and year out are either the most loyal fanbase or 100% crazy. Probably a little bit of both. Again, if Sanchez gets hurt tonight will NY fans just sit there. Absolutely not.

12 Last