16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    my book had Houston -9 yesterday, down to 8.5 today with almost 80% of action on Houston...
    Bravada has it at 9 1/2 I am thinking teaser 7 pts and under 48 1/2 what your thoughts do over 32 1/2

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    You must be right every game is rigged and because its MNF and 70% on a team must mean that this game is rigged

You are right and I am wrong. I apologize if I mispoke and am glad I was called out before my words might have impacted any poster's actions regarding this game. There is only one thing that is unforgivable and that is to blaspheme the NFL. So humbly upon further review, I submit to all of you younger posters that no MNF game in particular; nor for that matter no NFL game in general that I know of, has ever had the point spread manipulated. Then again maybe I just haven't watched enough of them in my time.

Now I did see Y.A. Tittle and Bobby Layne play in person. Those names may not ring a bell with you, but so what. And over the years I have aquired a couple of pretty good race horses with my football winnings. I try to play what Vegas wants me not to play. That is my system. But I probably don't know shit pal. You are probably right. Everything out there is on the up and up.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blackeyeshamus

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

NFL, Mike. Anything can happen, you know that.

Titanup28
    Titanup28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

I like jets and Tebow +9
    Tebow whoa ohhhh

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Too much love for Jets. 1unit Tex

Jets can't score on TEX DE

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Tebow won't even play tonight in my oppinion.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Mike, 5500 tix available under $50. You should go so you can watch.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

They are at home in primetime coming off blowout loss. And they are getting 9.5 points.

JETS

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

No way Houston loses tonight... just like how the Spurs were unbeatable during the last NBA playoffs... just like there was no way Miami Heat was going to win against OKC after Game 1 of the NBA finals...

Fukkin hell man do you make these dumbfuk threads everytime there is a heavy public fav?

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

But to answer the question since you have been gambling for a while but can't mentally process the idea that heavy favorites lose and lose often, yes, there is a chance Houston loses tonight. Maybe a crazy Jets fan uni-bomber will go into the hotel the the Texans are staying and blow them the fuk up. Maybe Schaub will have eaten some bad enchilladas and have to uncontrollably shit everytime he is about to make a pass. Maybe Adrian Foster piped a chick earlier today caught the claps and its fukkin with his head cuz his leaky dick and causes him to fumble frequently. Maybe Mark Sanchez stops passing like a timid girl and gains confidence with an o-line that protects him (LEAST LIKELY SCENARIO). Perhaps everyone on special teams borrows some of Josh Hamilton's cocaine since he obviously is doubling his dosage being out of the playoffs and all, and it and they score everytime they get the ball. Possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by Spedizzo; 10-08-12 at 03:48 PM.
    Points Awarded:

elgreco gave Spedizzo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

elgreco
    elgreco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

^^^^ Hilarious. All possible scenarios. Thanks for the laugh.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I believe that I will lay $2 on the Jets ML. There is really some entertainment value in this game given the setup and far far stranger things have happened in the NFL than a Jets victory here. Plus, there is likely some implicit Ref mayhem biased to the home team, large market Jets.

Beware the Tides of Tebow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...against-texans

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

there is only a single reason you cant go all in on the ML, its a road team. if Houston were at home and you had to lay -550 on the ML it would still be a 'better' bet than laying 'only' -400 on the road.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by heywally View Post
    I believe that I will lay $2 on the Jets ML. There is really some entertainment value in this game given the setup and far far stranger things have happened in the NFL than a Jets victory here. Plus, there is likely some implicit Ref mayhem biased to the home team, large market Jets.

Beware the Tides of Tebow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...against-texans
    Actually a Jets win here would be one of the stranger things to happen. I'd feel like a bandit if they won.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Ryan is a good defensive coach, so he'll have some new looks in store for Houston. If Hou can avoid turnovers though they'll win by at least 10 imo.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sbr book I think has Houston -470

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

jj , what is the 'talk' in jersey & NYC about Tebow tonight ?

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The only way the Jets can win is if they can play sound defense and make Houston work for their yards. The Jets ST can help with field position, big play, and/or turnovers. The Jet offense is horrible and will need the Def and ST to make plays. I just don't think they can do it.

I think the Houston OLine will control the LOS and JJ Watt will have a monster night. Houston wins by 10+

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tebow plays tonight and rushes for 300 yards and 6 TD's.

After game, he gives glory to God while his offensive line takes him to the local chinese washy washy for a happy ending.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Espn show Tebow is out there throwing balls , he starts tonight?

Titanup28
    Titanup28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Tebow is not starting he might see 10 snaps tonight

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets are just four weeks into the season, but already the writing is on the wall. The end of the Mark Sanchez era is near. Rex has lost this team. The players will start wondering if they still want to play for Sanchez. They have lost two key players. They know that they need a miracle to turn this around, and they have seen what Tebow did in Denver. It may not be tonight, but it's close. Stay away from this game.

jjesco425
    jjesco425's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Quote Originally Posted by samdapatriotsfan View Post
    Different teams from the past but HOU is 0-5 the last 5 at NY, just sayin. With that in mind I still don't see how the Jets compete. Remember that 45-3 NE drubbing on MNF a couple of years ago? This seems pretty similar.
    was thinking same thing pats embaressed jets early in season then this happened then pats jocked em in playoffs.... rexy gets em pumped for mnf jets ml is great number

jjgold

I ended up playing 1st half

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Which side???
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I ended up playing 1st half

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

the system is actually on Hous due to what happened in the SD/NO games and the Chi/Jax game but I didnt put it up because I got distracted doing something else and it was too late.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    can they lose? cmon coach it the nfl, anyone can lose and often do..ill give my best take on how it will play out..

jets gonna use lots of teblow and lots of running,,wont lead to tons of points but it will help them keep hou off the field (hou does allow 4.3 ypc on the ground)...hard not to see hou having their way as nyj gives up stupid numbers against the rush (179ypg 4.9ypc) and i just dont think rex will sell out to stop the run game giving shaub free reign to take shots down field (ala den gm), i would imaging rex keeps it basic and makes hou work for every yard (essentially dying a slow death) and keeps this thing as close as possible hoping wonder boy can make some plays late...i think this thing stays a lot closer than ppl think and it super ugly with a final somewhere in the ballpark of 19-13, of coarse that is giving nyj red zone d some credit and they have been bad thus far... after ass whipping last week nyj d isnt gonna get embarrassed again and while in the end i think hou is to much for them it would not surprise me if wonder boy teblow had the rock with a chance to win and who wants huge money down in that spot?...or hou just trucks them like everyone seems to think, i will add that a team that scoring at will playing a team that ppl just watch sf light up has a team total of only 24 so i think that may say a little something about how this gm plays.....only thing i bet was a hou and under teaser and didnt do that for any more than a normal bet....gl either way

close enough

jjgold

anyone betting ml had to fukkin die

Jets battled them hard

First 12