NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I Really Hope Matt Barkley Goes to the Browns

Just saw the "new look" Browns today for the first time play against my G-Men on TV and I must say they have some good young pieces to build around. If Joe Haden can come back healthy and they develop their tight end Cameron Jordan (who has got some athleticism, size and raw talent) this team can go far with the right QB.

Brandon Weeden we all know blows even though his arm strength is okay. But I gotta say the guy who really impressed me today was Trent Richardson. Wow this guy had moves....agile, strong and runs with determination. I think he could be a Pro Bowl running back for years to come if he stays healthy. The talent is definitely there for Trent Richardson.

Imagine teaming him up with Matt Barkley?

Wow that would be a great nucleus right there....Barkley, Richardson, Cameron Jordan and some good young WR's.

Eight wins easily if they get Matt Barkley next season.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Weeden there. You're pipe dreaming.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Weeden there. You're pipe dreaming.
    This makes no sense.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

how many abs can the browns go through pal???

Maybe they should get a #1 receiver???

or even a #3

NYSportsGuy210

A good QB can make average WR's become better. Just look at Eli Manning.

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    A good QB can make average WR's become better. Just look at Eli Manning.
    the receivers make Eli Manning look good

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Weeden shows a pretty good presence and is showing an increase in maturity game over game, which is what a team expects a rookie/sophomore QB to do. They're on the cusp of being a decent team. They need some WR depth, and that is what they will concentrate on in the draft IMO.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Dux90 View Post
    the receivers make Eli Manning look good
    So dumb. I wish people would actually watch football before they talk.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by caseyman011 View Post
    Weeden shows a pretty good presence and is showing an increase in maturity game over game, which is what a team expects a rookie/sophomore QB to do. They're on the cusp of being a decent team. They need some WR depth, and that is what they will concentrate on in the draft IMO.
    You're telling me that if the Browns have a chance to take Matt Barkley with their first pick in next year's draft they are gonna pass it up?

ROFL....yea ok pal.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Barkley has a lollipop arm, zero arm strength. He will get eaten up in the NFL like the rest of the USC QB's in prior years.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will trade out of the first spot if they have it. Oakland would give up the farm for Barkley

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    They will trade out of the first spot if they have it. Oakland would give up the farm for Barkley
    Oakland already gave up the farm for Carson Palmer.

tomseaver286
    tomseaver286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just saw the "new look" Browns today for the first time play against my G-Men on TV and I must say they have some good young pieces to build around. If Joe Haden can come back healthy and they develop their tight end Cameron Jordan (who has got some athleticism, size and raw talent) this team can go far with the right QB.

Brandon Weeden we all know blows even though his arm strength is okay. But I gotta say the guy who really impressed me today was Trent Richardson. Wow this guy had moves....agile, strong and runs with determination. I think he could be a Pro Bowl running back for years to come if he stays healthy. The talent is definitely there for Trent Richardson.

Imagine teaming him up with Matt Barkley?

Wow that would be a great nucleus right there....Barkley, Richardson, Cameron Jordan and some good young WR's.

Eight wins easily if they get Matt Barkley next season.
    Ahhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Barkley is a slightly better version of Jimmy Clausen. Look up Barkley's numbers on passing attempts over 20 yards, pathetic. Barkley is all hype and when he falls on his face, ESPN and the rest make excuses for him. He's a good QB, but he'll end up like Leinart, holding an NFL clipboard for cash.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by tomseaver286 View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Barkley is a slightly better version of Jimmy Clausen. Look up Barkley's numbers on passing attempts over 20 yards, pathetic. Barkley is all hype and when he falls on his face, ESPN and the rest make excuses for him. He's a good QB, but he'll end up like Leinart, holding an NFL clipboard for cash.
    So you think Weeden is better than Matt Barkely?

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

In a word: yes. I would think they would go after either Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter. Besides, Barkley's not even going to be the best QB in the draft. That distinction will go to Geno Smith.

tomseaver286

Weeden has more arm strength. Whether or not he is better is debatable.

Look at USC's offense. They run slants and screens to inflate Barkley's numbers. Before playing Utah, Barkley was like 3 for 21 on 20+ yard passes. The kid is smart and a nice guy, but I don't think you can build a franchise around him. If the Browns draft Barkley they will get exactly what they got from Colt McCoy. A good college QB who should hold a clipboard in the NFL.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Screw Barkley - Gino Smith will go #1

Sol Diablo
    Sol Diablo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

I think the Titans need to do a better job of "guarding Percy Harvin" Pal.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I really wish the Browns would have stepped up and gotten RG3. Weeden is learning on the job but the Browns would have 2 maybe 3 wins if Colt McCoy was the starter. No way in hell should they have lost the Philly game.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

browns will trade down for sure if they get #1. they have no receivers and their defense is horrible.

so many atrocious teams like titans, jaguars, chiefs, raiders, buffalo, jets all need qb's and would trade up.

Rawk-
    Rawk-'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

So dumb. I wish people would actually watch football before they talk.
    can u post all u picks id like to use them to fade. Obviously u are biased or dont have a clue?

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by tomseaver286 View Post
    Weeden has more arm strength. Whether or not he is better is debatable.

Look at USC's offense. They run slants and screens to inflate Barkley's numbers. Before playing Utah, Barkley was like 3 for 21 on 20+ yard passes. The kid is smart and a nice guy, but I don't think you can build a franchise around him. If the Browns draft Barkley they will get exactly what they got from Colt McCoy. A good college QB who should hold a clipboard in the NFL.
    Barkley way better than you think.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk- View Post
    can u post all u picks id like to use them to fade. Obviously u are biased or dont have a clue?
    Lakerboy, Seer, Sam Odom, Goatmilk, NoCoin, Brock.....so many to choose from as is. I won't be of any use.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 10-07-12 at 08:36 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Barkley is a decent player but I'd take Geno Smith in a heartbeat at #1

Browns should trade down for a kings ransom and acquire a bunch of picks, they can win with Weeden next season with more talent......Although if they went Geno Smith or Barkley could you really blame em?

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL at Barkley just another over rated USC quarter back. Giuy has two legit first round receivers and he still cant get them the ball.

Carson Palmer had about 5 pro bowlers on his team carrying him around he sucked in the NFL, his injury just gave him an excuse as to why he really really sucks now.

Sachez...no comment.

Matt Leinhart LMAO at him.

Matt Cassell non starter but got the USC hype because he was a back up to a first rounder. He sucks too.

These guys looked good to great in college because they had pro bowl NFL players surrounding them at generic positions most people dont care about.

Barkley wont be in the league more than 3 years if he goes to a team that tries to start him out of the box.

If you like your team you better hope they never ever draft a Qb from USC or any coach associated with Pete carroll.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

No QB will ever be great on the Browns.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    No QB will ever be great on the Browns.
    Bernie Kosar was.

I always thought Brady Quinn got a raw deal too. He is one QB I thought could develop given the right amount of time and care. Browns might have had something good with him if they were patient enough.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Bernie Kosar was.

I always thought Brady Quinn got a raw deal too. He is one QB I thought could develop given the right amount of time and care. Browns might have had something good with him if they were patient enough.
    lol

He was average. Never won anything, never had any stats. I watched a lot of those browns games.

He was just better than most Browns QB's.

tomseaver286

Barkley way better than you think.
    Sadly, Barkley is not better than what I think. His stats back that up. He's miserable throwing down field and his receivers get him a ton of YAC to inflate his numbers.

There is a reason that Barkley stayed at SC and it wasn't because of unfinished business. I have it on good authority that Barkley would have dropped pretty far in last years draft and that he was advised not to enter because of Luck and RG3.

Barkley is a good QB, but he hasn't accomplished anything of note at SC when you look at their standards. He has some decent records because he started as a freshman, but he comes up short in BIG games.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

not going to happen the browns really like weeden and think hes their guy. theyll draft skill position players.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    not going to happen the browns really like weeden and think hes their guy. theyll draft skill position players.
    Yea but Weeden really isn't that good though. If you actually watch him play he has a strong arm but that's about it. Mechanics are weird....doesn't read defenses that great. You can tell when some QB's just have it....he doesn't.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

remember rams not drafting rg3 last year? why because they already got a qb they like in bradford and their working on his development. similar situation in cleveland no chance they draft barkley.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Barkley is another Carson Palmer, leinart and Sanchez. Plenty of better QBs coming out than this blonde media backed fraud.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Above post being said....T Richardson is the real deal. As a Bama guy I've always said he's better built for the NFL than Ingram was coming into the league.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    remember rams not drafting rg3 last year? why because they already got a qb they like in bradford and their working on his development. similar situation in cleveland no chance they draft barkley.
    There is no way you can compare Brandon Weeden to Sam Bradford. Sam Bradford actually looks like an NFL QB out there and always did. Weeden does not.

12 Last