ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Are the NFL games on the level?

I really get weary when I see teams like GB, who was tearing up Indy the first half, yet, the 2nd. half, they can't do sht?
    It may seen silly, but do the players get together at the half and decide, to, either play harder, or play softer, the second half? Maybe, to make bets at halftime? They would need an in between source of course.
    Too many strange games this season? I hope I don't read 5 years down the road, this is exactly the case.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

So you think athletes that make millions of dollars risk their job and rig games so people can win bets that are a couple thousand dollars?

Why would any athlete that makes that kind of money worry about some Joe blow that bet on a game?

Fixed games happen but I don't think there are other ways that they occur. I don't see Rodgers who makes like over 10 million worrying about rigging a game so some Joe blow can win some chump change.

I could drink the kool-aid if it was a ref or broke ass college kid but c'mon.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

only when I win

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2356

they make alot of money AND they are mostly dumb jocks, and many of them are NOT white

would they ALL be keeping this a secret so well?

how many NFL players have gone broke and bankrupt and died in the ghetto? not one of them thought to find a writer and leak this inside info in a book? or even get a few hundred thousand for a tv tell interview?

no way to keep that many quiet

refs? alot more complaints from the "outside" non union refs i'd say, so it can't just be refs creating the fixes either

coaches?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

If you are in the business of sports gambling then you just need to accept the fact collusion happens at times at all levels. There is billions of dollars a year at stake with the majority of that money going thru illegal books many of whom are street guys. If I need to paint any clearer picture than you obviously just don't get it. But one example in an article I recently read stated in 2008 they surveyed 19,000 college student athletes and asked them if they EVER did anything to effect the spread in a game. 1% admitted yes, 2% admitted they knew people who did, and 30% said they wagered on games themselves. That is a low # but those are just the ones being honest and it does not take many on a team to have an effect.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Only thing rigged in the NFL is the diversity of coaches, QB's, and Management...

All the play on the field is legit...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

small time collegiate sports athletes a whole different story

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Steelers won by 2

Bookmaker didn't allow you to buy them down when they were at -3 or -3.5 for more than half a pt or 1 pt to -2.5 max... you couldn't buy them down to -2 or less

every other game you could buy up to 2 pts on teams like usual

only way to win was take Pit 1st half which was -3 full game line anyways or bet their ML

i thought it was weird... after Pitts let Eagles score to get 1 pt lead and then go right down field to win by 2... i thought it was even more of a coincidence? or not?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Any of you guys ever played sport?

Shit happens

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

You guys need to look beyond the $ pros make that is irrelevant. No matter how much money they make are they ever happy? The answer is no. Majority of pro athletes come from the street level hustler mentality to begin with so you don't think that many of them are not still playing angles at times? Even if you are naive enough to believe pro's are just too rich to care then what about the guys on the fringes making less or better yet the people calling the games. Don't think for a second Donaghey was the 1st and last to ever wager and corrupt outcomes for his own gain. And don't think for a second that people on the streets (powerful and dangerous at times) cannot have influence on individuels they can get to and corrupt. Another angle is an athlete deep in the mudd to these dangerous people might be told to have some influence in games down the line to make things right. I know to many of you this sounds crazy and impossible but it's how things work. And no organization is impossible to corrupt!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

These games are all choreographed.

During the week while they are supposedly "practicing" they are actually working in tandem to deliver an already finished product on Sundays.

The linesmakers become privy to about 5% of the scripts. This is why you see some "fishy" lines.

The hardest part is keeping the players quiet. When they enter the league, they are sworn to never reveal the secrets. Possible penalties include death to family members. Different sport, but this is what happened to Michael Jordan's father. Michael Jordan thought about talking, and his father was murdered.

I shouldn't say anymore, I think I've said enough.

Let's just let this thread die.
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave The Giant 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ABEHONEST

I lost last week on some of the worst play for the highest ranked college teams in America!
    Bama is leading 28/6 at the half, and I am about to make fat little profit off that game. All I need is for Bama to score 7 more points than the dog, who is a 29 point underdog or more. Also, I need the game over; that's another 15 points [I think?]. Well, Bama come's out and scores O in the 3rd. quarter, and 6 in the 4th.
    I lose both ways.

On to the other high ranked team; the Oregon Ducks. I have them played the same way. First half, Ore. can play no defense at all! Leading 21/19 at the half and a 30 1/2 favorite. Second half, they show up, but too little too late for me.
    They out score doggy Wash. State 28/7 and I come up 2 or 3 points shy of winning the spread [I got on them early with a "bargain- line"]. The over did cover...barely.

I definitely believe there's heavy betting going on with these sports teams, and they can sway the outcome just enough to win some big bucks on the side. Especially on half-time lines, where you can lay low for the first half and go wild and all out in the second. Or, the complete reverse.

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK THE GAMES WERE MORE HONEST WITH THE REPLACEMENT REFS BECAUSE THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW TO FIX THE SCORES YET LIKE THE REAL REFS DO.

ALL OF THE SUDDEN FAVORITES ARE COVERING AND THE GAMES ARENT GOING WAY OVER THE TOTAL ANYMORE

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I'll watch closer

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

I LOVE Idiots!

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Fixed games LOL

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

NFL fixed

Players are human. They are not fukkin robots

They were trucking the shit out of the Colts in the 1st half and went in at halftime and probably fukkin kicked there feet up and ate nachos and drank beer for 20 minutes.

thinking they could just toss there jerseys out there in the 2nd half and it would be 30 more minutes of kicking the shit out of them

was it fukked up for Packer backers. yes but it happens

cost me a sizeable dip. whatdya gonna do
    Last edited by Br0nxer; 10-07-12 at 08:19 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

your on the right track Abe. Bottom line is money talks. Sports leagues are a billion dollar industry. Would you leave that up to chance? Of course you wouldn't. There's a lot of money at stake to make these games entertaining and unpredictable to the public.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    your on the right track Abe. Bottom line is money talks. Sports leagues are a billion dollar industry. Would you leave that up to chance? Of course you wouldn't. There's a lot of money at stake to make these games entertaining and unpredictable to the public.
    Very credible thought, Mikail, and those halftime lines are ideal for smoke and mirror games.
    Both college and pro.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    I really get weary when I see teams like GB, who was tearing up Indy the first half, yet, the 2nd. half, they can't do sht?
    It may seen silly, but do the players get together at the half and decide, to, either play harder, or play softer, the second half? Maybe, to make bets at halftime? They would need an in between source of course.
    Too many strange games this season? I hope I don't read 5 years down the road, this is exactly the case.
    lol kill yourself, you lost a bet

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

If you're dumb enough to believe in some league wide conspiracy to fuk you out of $20, you are too dumb to be gambling. Maybe buy some scratch offs next time you run to the store for cigarettes and slim jims.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Very credible thought, Mikail, and those halftime lines are ideal for smoke and mirror games.
    Both college and pro.
    Mikail is one of the biggest conspiracy nuts here. Of course he thinks games are rigged. That Niners game against Buffalo was fixed as fukk. Can't believe the Niners covered, Buffalo should have won.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

whatch you talking bout , did you see all the no calls in the sd/no game ? theres your sign everythings fixed but my ticket .