CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Jets +9 and ML +320

Literally throwing my 2 cents in, for I don't follow the NFL that much. Only bet 3 games the whole season(1-2). It just seems that it's impossible for the Jets to win.! So just a little taste here 1 unit @ +9 and 1 unit @ + 320. What do they say.? On any given Sunday ...........ect.........GL

pokerwhiz90
    pokerwhiz90's Avatar Become A Pro!

jets +9 is gold whoevers not on this, this one is a gimme, same with the steelers -3

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I, too, believe this is a viable play. Bad injuries for the Jets, no doubt, but they're still 2-2. Stranger things have happened. The 49ers got beat in Minny, right? Like the points and the money line. Go get 'em.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

This is the NY Jets we're talking about. The same team who can not stop the run or run for that matter. Their ground and pound less. Their quarterback has 0 self esteem. The WR can't catch a ball. Their best offensive and defensive weapon are out for the season. Their defense is playing like crap. The only good thing about the Jets is their kicker Nick Fold who is playing like Pro Bowler. As a matter of fact the two Nicks are the only good thing working for the Jets, mangold. The ONLY hope the Jets have is if they can produce some type of spark or miracle from somewhere or someone who can make players around him better... hmmmm... Now 99 percent chance that could be a huge disaster or that 1 percent chance just might work... ask the Steelers...

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

they do indeed say "any given sunday". this game is on a monday

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I like the play. I don't know about the ML, but I definitely backing the spread. Good luck

kingz
    kingz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

please dont burn your money!

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Jets fan here. I wouldn't bet the game either way. No one knows what Jets team is showing up. It's either a Jets win or blowout loss though, so I guess a small ML play can't hurt.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Texans first game in national spotlight..the way they have been playing, I think they will be trying to make a point that they are legit..Jets lost their best WR for season...I think Jets get annihaliated here, took Houston -6 early in the week, BOL

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Nice teaser number for the Texans, but I love looking for ways to take a juicy home dog like this. This one's tough.

The best angle I can imagine is that Tebow is starting and Rex is being crafty this whole time. But that's a thin angle.

Another angle is that there's a Jets WR that will break out and become a stud, but there's no evidence of this either.

I can't hold out much hope that the Jets run D will improve, facing maybe the hottest RB in the NFL right now.

In conclusion, unless I can support a good angle of some kind, I'm gonna lay off the Jets. Texans should roll.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by kingz View Post
    please dont burn your money!
    Like I said fora little taste............2 units will not hurt me............but thanks anyway and good luck to you.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    Jets fan here. I wouldn't bet the game either way. No one knows what Jets team is showing up.
    You mean we dont know if we'll see the jets who can't run, or the jets who can't throw?
    Dude, i know im a dolphins homer, but PLEASE start learning to admit that the jets are horrible. there's no cohesion. it's the coaching i think. sporano is a horrible offensive coordinator, great cheerleader though. rex ryan is in dire straits.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    You mean we dont know if we'll see the jets who can't run, or the jets who can't throw?
    Dude, i know im a dolphins homer, but PLEASE start learning to admit that the jets are horrible. there's no cohesion. it's the coaching i think. sporano is a horrible offensive coordinator, great cheerleader though. rex ryan is in dire straits.

Don't be too quick to judge the coaches, the front office picks the players. There's some real roster problems for the NYJ.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    I like the play. I don't know about the ML, but I definitely backing the spread. Good luck
    About the ML, one would always prefer + 9 than no points. But in the NFL the point spread only comes into play about 20% of the time. Either the dog wins outright or the fav. wins by more than the point spread.! The 9 points may come into play but prob. the Jets get killed or they win outright Hope this helps and good luck to you.!!
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 10-07-12 at 02:32 PM. Reason: edit

CappinTerp

Have not seen more than a half of MNF in 10 years, tonight I will view the whole game. Anyone out there have a spin on the total.??

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Have not seen more than a half of MNF in 10 years, tonight I will view the whole game. Anyone out there have a spin on the total.??
    if you favor the jets you should love the under...i think you have a solid shot at covering the 9 (not so much the ml, although you correct it only bout 20% when spread comes into play)..my guess is we see a lot of teblow and ground and pound, hou allows a not so great 4.3 ypc so jets best hope in this gm is pounding the rock, controlling field position and making hou work for every yrd, nyj gonna just have to live with hou running cause if they sell out to stop the run they will get torched over the top and it will be gm over, hou should be content running as nyj gives up a 2nd to last 179 ypg on the ground and 4.9ypc,,think the clock runs fast in this one and nyj does their best to keep it close till late in a gm i think if you a jets backer you hoping to end in the 19-13/ 17-12 / 13-10 type range,,if scoring gets up in this gm it because nyj getting their brains beat in....

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    if you favor the jets you should love the under...i think you have a solid shot at covering the 9 (not so much the ml, although you correct it only bout 20% when spread comes into play)..my guess is we see a lot of teblow and ground and pound, hou allows a not so great 4.3 ypc so jets best hope in this gm is pounding the rock, controlling field position and making hou work for every yrd, nyj gonna just have to live with hou running cause if they sell out to stop the run they will get torched over the top and it will be gm over, hou should be content running as nyj gives up a 2nd to last 179 ypg on the ground and 4.9ypc,,think the clock runs fast in this one and nyj does their best to keep it close till late in a gm i think if you a jets backer you hoping to end in the 19-13/ 17-12 / 13-10 type range,,if scoring gets up in this gm it because nyj getting their brains beat in....
    Thanks my friend good to hear from you hope all is well.!!

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck.

CappinTerp

Well for myself it was a split but hope some made money @ + 9 or lightened up on Houston................................. ......gl