SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Into The Weekend w/ BetDSI 10/4 - Marquee Games NCAAF 6, Sharp/Public Splits in NFL 4

Brent, the Head Lines Manager at BetDSI, did his weekly call with Peter Loshak, discussing the betting action for the upcoming weekend.

Week 6 in college football is notable for its many marquee matchups, while Week 5 in the NFL is shaping up to be one where there is likely to be an unusually high degree of sharp/public action disagreement.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chuff, and HoulihansTX

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good video, just wish it was longer than 10 min.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Good video, just wish it was longer than 10 min.
    ha you mean you wish it wasnt longer than 10 minutes? yeah i try to get it under 10 but i dont know what to cut, i mean everything we discuss is basically equally "good" or valuable

i was thinking of just splitting it into 2 segments, i'll probably do that next week

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2451

Loshak- Share u mother fukker!!!!!!!!!!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

ten/min suspiciously low....lol

Funny what a couple games will do to perception.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    ha you mean you wish it wasnt longer than 10 minutes? yeah i try to get it under 10 but i dont know what to cut, i mean everything we discuss is basically equally "good" or valuable

i was thinking of just splitting it into 2 segments, i'll probably do that next week
    Well there is so many games in college to discuss especially in terms of sharp sides, same with NFL. Interesting enough he never mentions totals, I always assumed totals were easier to bear than sides.

Love the segment, just wish there was more than 10 minutes.

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Well there is so many games in college to discuss especially in terms of sharp sides, same with NFL. Interesting enough he never mentions totals, I always assumed totals were easier to bear than sides.

Love the segment, just wish there was more than 10 minutes.
    ha ok nice, i thought you typed a typo, i thought you meant to say less than 10 minutes

we don't get to everything we could get to in these calls, but we do get to most of it, I think

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Army +9.5 shawwwwwwp

chuff
    chuff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 645

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Army +9.5 shawwwwwwp
    Army +7 across the board now - Brent told us!

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2313

Peter,

Thanks for another great installment. I notice there seems to be a big focus on 'sharp' money. How does Brent at DSI define this? Does he have a list of certain account holders who regularly beat DSI and those individuals are deemed a 'sharp'? Is it also possible to ask about $$ values related their handle for a typical weekend in the NFL? Does not have to be real specific but would it under or over $500K ?

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by chuff View Post
    Army +7 across the board now - Brent told us!

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Public was right, and sharps lost on Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee, Jacksonville. Sharps got blown out on the latter 3. I took a hit with the sharps in these games.

Sharps were right on Kansas City and Miami. Won money here but i lost on the other sharp sides (cleveland, buffalo, tennessee, jacksonville).

Sharps took a loss today after the opposite result in college football yesterday. Yesterday the sharp sides nailed it in college football. Today the public won its money back.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

Well said sir, I f'd up parlaying all the sharp sides.. Was feeling good going into 4:00 games.

rcjiii
    rcjiii's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loshak, Great videos. I appreciate your efforts. I just wish it had come out a few days earlier. I pounded Boston College against Army early in the week at -9 1/2. It then rose to 11 1/2 over the next few days, then collapsed to -7 at the end of the week, without any injury news or other explanation. Very fishy line movement with an eventual win by Army. Wish your video had come out a few days earlier indicating massive sharp involvement in this otherwise obscure game.

Also, one request. If on your individual game videos you would mention actual year to date win/loss figures for the handicappers, it would be very helpful. Would love to know which ones are providing the most consistent winners before I rely on their advice.

Keep up the good work.

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by rcjiii View Post
    Loshak, Great videos. I appreciate your efforts. I just wish it had come out a few days earlier. I pounded Boston College against Army early in the week at -9 1/2. It then rose to 11 1/2 over the next few days, then collapsed to -7 at the end of the week, without any injury news or other explanation. Very fishy line movement with an eventual win by Army. Wish your video had come out a few days earlier indicating massive sharp involvement in this otherwise obscure game.

Also, one request. If on your individual game videos you would mention actual year to date win/loss figures for the handicappers, it would be very helpful. Would love to know which ones are providing the most consistent winners before I rely on their advice.

Keep up the good work.
    rcjiii,

Thanks for the kind words! As far as when the vid comes out, if it came out earlier, there would be a lot less info Brent would have to discuss. Thursday afternoon I think is a good day for it because all the early action and mid-week action after the limits have expanded has already come in. Obviously, if we did the shows before the big moves, Brent wouldn't know what the big moves were going to be, Brent doesn't know what the sharps are liking until he sees their action come in.

And also, yes I am planning on giving an update in the middle of the football season, but I can tell you that I did compile last year's records for college football only, and both Doug Upstone and Steve did extremely well overall. Upstone's record I do recall, he was 50/50 on his small "if I had to pick a side" picks, but was 27-12 on his medium strength picks, and 7-0 on his strong picks. I don't recall Steve's exact record but it was also over 60%.

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Loshak- Share u mother fukker!!!!!!!!!!
    I DO SHARE U FUK! thanks for tuning in pal

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Peter,

Thanks for another great installment. I notice there seems to be a big focus on 'sharp' money. How does Brent at DSI define this? Does he have a list of certain account holders who regularly beat DSI and those individuals are deemed a 'sharp'? Is it also possible to ask about $$ values related their handle for a typical weekend in the NFL? Does not have to be real specific but would it under or over $500K ?
    Well, it's the same for all books, "profiling" players is a big issue, and they all have slightly or significantly different approaches depending.

If you watched my interviews with Pinnacle a while back, you saw that even at Pinnacle, it's a somewhat inexact science. It's ultimately a subjective assessment, even at Pinnacle, although there are many indicators books can use, and if they want to they can usually get an extremely good, if not perfect, read on players. Yes, the basic deal is a "sharp" is someone expected to win long-term and/or reliably beat the closing line. How you determine that is the issue.

Sure I can ask about specific dollar values but in general books are very loathe to discuss specific numbers, they really only like to talk about relative numbers.

rcjiii
    rcjiii's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loshak, don't the sharpest of sharps bet through surrogates so their bets are not known to the books?