tr4sh
    tr4sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5701

Chiefs vs Ravens

Hey guys I'm really like the Chiefs and points here against the Ravens. Chiefs problem right now is turnovers and that can be remedied fairly easily. Also they really have some playmakers and the Ravens D is more reputation than reality right now.

Getting +6 at home, I feel this is a great situation.

Anyone else on this and/or have any thoughts on this?

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

No way, staying away from the Chiefs. Chiefs either get blown out or lose by a TD or more.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

have you seen the chiefs play this season?

can't understand how you love them here but whatever floats your boat pal

tr4sh

I mean I totally understand if you watched them play but what I'm guessing is, the chance of the turnover rate they have had (about 4 per game) is bound to get better. And combine that belief with the fact that they actually have some playmakers on offense playing against a defense that doesnt have much of a pass rush, I just felt like this was a good spot. Also, Chiefs D is actually quite decent and they have that homefield advantage.

Obviously, I could be wrong but just seems like a great spot to me.

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is not a game to touch on the spread, if you were to take it you have to take the ravens -6, cant trust the cheifs they have been awful the whole season

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

solid play...its like every year ppl forget what this balty team is, and that a team that easy to see the flat spots and this is a typical balty flat spot,.,,big win over pats, put a div win in the bag against cle, now go on road to play a team everyone thinks is "terrible",,ive seen this movie before..throw in everything you saying about kc is spot on, team not nearly as bad as being advertised, turnovers killed them last week, early in season d had some injuries, this d way better than they have played and showed that the second half of saints gm and last week it not as if sd offense did much those points all came off 27 turnovers,,and you correct that will not continue..

marley33
    marley33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Anyone who bets on Kansas City right now is an idiot. I live here. Public wants Pioli out. They want Cassel out. They want Romeo out, No leadership in the locker room. Team is in bad shape right now. It gets worse this weekend. Ravens by 3 touchdowns. Easily the pick of the year is Baltimore in this game. Easiest money you wil ever make. I would bet this game at -13. Ravens ALL DAY!

tr4sh

oh awesome to hear you live there marley.

besides what the media is writing, are there any info on how the team is doing interally? like is the locker room/coaches/players still showing a strong front or are there signs of internal fighting? any extra info you can dish out on how the team is doing mentally would be some great info.

thx

2daBank

best time to bet a team when fans want everyone out..

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

dont get fooled here. im taking ravens but waiting for line to drop

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

This is Ravens or nothing for me as well here. The whole Arrowhead hype is long gone that team has lost so many games at home last several years by 20+. Could be a letdown backdoor spot IF KC brings their A game if they have one. Either way I will throw Balty in a tease at least aroun -1. No way they lose s\u to this mess of a team.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    This is Ravens or nothing for me as well here. The whole Arrowhead hype is long gone that team has lost so many games at home last several years by 20+. Could be a letdown backdoor spot IF KC brings their A game if they have one. Either way I will throw Balty in a tease at least aroun -1. No way they lose s\u to this mess of a team.

let me see if i can count how many times against equally crap teams i heard this about balt last yr,,,ten week 2 after destroying pit (loss),,jax week 6 after destroying hou (loss),,, sea week 9 again after beating pit (loss),,,then destroyed at sd in a gm everyone was on them (well everyone was on them in most of these, almost everyone )....now coming off b2b home gms where they got revenge on pats and bagged a div win, going to "terrible" kc, a team that the fans want everyone fired apparently, seems so easy... gl bro

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Never said I'm taking Ravens for sure but no way in hell kc is a play for me. I MAY take ravens but if nothing else teased down all day. Ravens also got the extra rest and time to prepare for the game. Think they win just a matter of 3\20 pts being the difference that might depend on if they are looking ahead to cowgirl game.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 10-03-12 at 10:58 PM.

tr4sh

ok, well, lets move past who will/will not cover.

I got a question for you guys. Theoretically assuming that the Chiefs happen to play a relatively turnover free game, do you guys think the Chiefs can hang with the Ravens?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

If the defense shows up and they protect the football sure. And Charles gonna have to hit century mark. Anything is possible but I will take Ravens pick or -1 teased here all day knowing in all likelihood they win more often than not in this pot and are way better team. But yeah this could be a 24-20 type game or 37-10!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by tr4sh View Post
    ok, well, lets move past who will/will not cover.

I got a question for you guys. Theoretically assuming that the Chiefs happen to play a relatively turnover free game, do you guys think the Chiefs can hang with the Ravens?

posted pretty much same thing before philly gm (not saying kc is phi as clearly they are not but mostly pertains to balt)...just not sold on this new look no huddle on the road as of yet..the downside to this new no huddle pass happy offense is if it not clicking it leaves the defense exposed with little rest (a old defense i might add), you get balty d on the field for extended periods of time and bet your ass Charles hits a hr or 2...

if you remember the phi gm eagles controlled gm and out gained balt by a ton of yards, phi prob was little replacement ref lucky to actually win but that was because of 4 red zone turnovers or phi blows them out...again kc is no phi but they are also not nearly as bad as being made out to be, this is a team most reasonably smart ppl thought would compete in the west and nw they are a desperate team with the whole fan base calling for heads to roll, prime spot for a good perfromance by them and as i been trying to say this balt team will piss away 3 or 4 of these a yr and this is flat spot city imho....

ive been wrong before tho, and not like id be shocked if balty blew them out as they are capable, if that happens i have a lock for you, all these geniuses calling ppl idiots for taking kc (pathetic btw to insult ppl for taking damn near any side in a nfl gm like this some free money sport, anyone who believes that the fukkin idiot if ya ask me) will be back here to brag,,either way i wont be bumping as it just another gm to me but taking kc (or fading balt in this spot) is always the right side in this spot imo...

2daBank

If the defense shows up and they protect the football sure. And Charles gonna have to hit century mark. Anything is possible but I will take Ravens pick or -1 teased here all day knowing in all likelihood they win more often than not in this pot and are way better team. But yeah this could be a 24-20 type game or 37-10!

not really true..

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    let me see if i can count how many times against equally crap teams i heard this about balt last yr,,,ten week 2 after destroying pit (loss),,jax week 6 after destroying hou (loss),,, sea week 9 again after beating pit (loss),,,then destroyed at sd in a gm everyone was on them (well everyone was on them in most of these, almost everyone )....now coming off b2b home gms where they got revenge on pats and bagged a div win, going to "terrible" kc, a team that the fans want everyone fired apparently, seems so easy... gl bro
    Was hoping somebody would remember this.
    Either SLAM KC +pts or don't bet it at all.
    You do not want to lose money on the let-down game that is about to come lol.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Damn it Banker I hate it when ur right but I had to go back and look at 2011 results. Ravens on road vs non division teams they had a sub .500 record. Losses to Jags that u mentioned and titans, seahags, and diego which I remembered. May have to back out here. They are obviously the better team on both sides and better coach and I love the extra rest ecs for the defense. But there recent road fails worry me.

2daBank

Damn it Banker I hate it when ur right but I had to go back and look at 2011 results. Ravens on road vs non division teams they had a sub .500 record. Losses to Jags that u mentioned and titans, seahags, and diego which I remembered. May have to back out here. They are obviously the better team on both sides and better coach and I love the extra rest ecs for the defense. But there recent road fails worry me.
    i love the ravens bro,,, they my kind of team, thought they would win sb last yr and think they right there again but this gm means jack shit in the grand scheme of things...ive grown accustomed to betting this team damn near every week on and against as they just a team i think i have had good read on for some time...i can certainly understand staying away and waiting for the good spots to bet them but personally i like playing the good spots to fade them as well... maybe kc is in full collapse mode and balty comes in focused and destroys them, wouldnt be first and certainly not last time ill have been wrong..but imo it a little early for a team to be mailing it in and i think there a better chance you get kc A gm vs balt B gm which makes this a lot tighter than most would expect and prob could go either way which means ugly dog the side to be on for me anyways, whatever the outcome i can deal with it and woujld make same play next time i feel it there.. ..

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

You got great angles and analysis Bank...where's your season thread at with picks? Enjoy reading your thoughts man. Thanks

Mike650i
    Mike650i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Seems like a good spot to fade the public. However, I'd hope the line creeps up to +7. Good value there.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENSFAN View Post
    You got great angles and analysis Bank...where's your season thread at with picks? Enjoy reading your thoughts man. Thanks
    appreciate the kind words bro..dont really post all my plays in here but post tons of thoughts and some plays...stop by and contribute anytime as i really just like a place to discuss gms

Banker throwin darts at the NFL (all season!)

2daBank

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

As a die hard Ravens fan, born and raised in Baltimore I'm alittle skeptical on taking this. The Ravens always play to their opponents level, especially on the road. Chiefs are playing bad, but are not a bad team. The Ravens can easily lose this game, knowing them. Same way they lost to the Seahawks and Jaguars last year on the road. If thr line increases, i may take Chiefs with the points...if it decreases, I'll take the Ravens. But right now its no play.

tr4sh

I dont see the line getting to 7 and if it does, it'll quickly get pounded back down to 6.5. But good info on the ravens last year on the road.

And I was about to add that extra info about the no huddle offense. It's really a double edged sword if you dont get that very first 1st down in a no huddle offense. Especially if the opposing team (KC) can run the ball well, it could really snowball into the defense being out on the field for quite some time. IMO, this is the reason why some defenses are/were rated worse than they actually are (ie pats/colts of the past few years). The efficiency of the defenses of no huddle teams will always take some hit. While I think Flacco is a great QB, I dont think he's quite as adept at moving the chains as they need him to be in order to run that offense well.

Anyways, whatever the result of this game turns out to be, good discussions guys