ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Is this not the loss of all losses, including your favorite loss? Let me know?

You know:
    The line-changing alone, can drive some people crazy. Add that into a loss I had on Tampa-1 yesterday...good for only 1 minute in the late stages of the game..and with a kickoff going to Washington with 1:19 left, I made a near-fatal mistake for any gambler. I counted my money before it came to fruition. Lost by 2 on a fg with 3 seconds left.
    And for that loss, and for the absolute way it lost, should tell a gambling man something?
    Throw in the Akron loss Saturday for good measure, where I have some nice size bucks on Akron -1/2 point for the second half line--down 7 at halftime at 35/28, I have a one point lead, 49/48 with a minute left in the game, the computer says. I'm still good, because I have some backups left if Miami does hit a late fg and wins by 2, and I still cash in the halftime wager.

Okay, maybe the freakiest loss of a lifetime transpires! Miami, doesn't try a fg, they score a td with seconds left, which is bad, but like I said, I have some backups. Yes, it will be a uglier than hell, loss, but losing by 6 still lets me win some bucks. It means I still win my halftime wagers, so I am going to emerge a winner after all. So a score of 55/49 will still mean a nice payoff.
    No. Miami, for "some reason," goes for the two-point conversion. Making it an unbelievable 8 pointer with seconds to go. Final, Miami 56/Akron 49. I get the most illogical score possible! No 51/49, no 55/49, only the killer score, 56/49.
    I lose on almost all fronts. I was a passenger on the Titanic for the long ride down to the icy depths of despair.

When this happens to you, you know it's time for a break....a long break!
    *Please, anyone who can beat this near death dealing loss, honestly, gets 25 points.
    We may have to have an opinion poll on the winning "killer" loss?
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 10-01-12 at 02:42 PM.
    Points Awarded:

paranoyd androyd gave ABEHONEST 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

miami went for 2 at the end because the td put them up 5. with only seconds left, why kick an xp to go up 6? you need to go for 2 to try and go up 7 instead. akron could've run the kick back or a hail mary to tie, you never know.

that being said, it was still a horrible beat overall with the refs calling two mysterious 15 yd penalties on akron during the final drive. books made a ton on that game... opened miami -6 and closed -1 with a ton of sharp money on akron.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    miami went for 2 at the end because the td put them up 5. with only seconds left, why kick an xp to go up 6? you need to go for 2 to try and go up 7 instead. akron could've run the kick back or a hail mary to tie, you never know.

that being said, it was still a horrible beat overall with the refs calling two mysterious 15 yd penalties on akron during the final drive. books made a ton on that game... opened miami -6 and closed -1 with a ton of sharp money on akron.
    Thanks for a shoulder to cry on.
    Also, it makes you wonder about that old question...are these college players playing the point-spreads?

ABEHONEST

Here is a less dramatic ending according to the Miami Oh.. website.

AKRON, Ohio -- Zac Dysert threw 6 touchdown passes, had 624 total yards and the Miami (Ohio) defense grabbed the only turnover of the game in the final play to seal a wild 56-49 win over Akron Saturday.

Dysert handed off to Justin Semmes for the game-winner for the RedHawks (3-2, 2-0 Mid-American Conference) -- a 3-yard TD run with 1:04 remaining. But the Zips (1-4, 0-1) got the ball back one final time, moving to the Miami 38-yard line to set up one final heave. Zips quarterback Dalton Williams tossed it toward the end zone, where Brison Burris intercepted at the 1-yard line to end it.

Before Miami's winning score, Akron had pulled ahead for the first time since the opening quarter on an 18-yard connection between Williams and Dee Frieson for a 49-48 advantage with 7:06 to play.

Dysert finished with 516 pass yards and 108 rushing.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

A few years ago I had money on the Browns +16 over Patriots. With about 30 seconds left the Browns were losing by 11 with the ball on their own 15-20 yard line. I figured either they would either drive down until time expired, lose the ball on downs and the Pats would take a knee or they would turn over the ball and the Pats would take a knee and let time expire. The only way I could lose was for the Browns to turn it over and Pats defense to return the ball for a touchdown. I started counting my money. That was a bad idea. with about 15 seconds left whichever of the 30 qb's who have played for the Browns in the last 5 years hit Winslow coming across the middle for a short gain, defense strips him of the ball, recovers and returns it for a touchdown. Browns lose by 18!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

no worries man sorry to hear it happened to you.

not sure if you were watching the game, but what made it even worse is that akron suddenly didn't defend once miami was 2nd & goal at the 3 yard line with over a minute to go and 1 time out left. they just let miami score a td and also convert the 2 pts. the akron defenders were all just standing straight up on both plays. akron could've at least tried to hold them to a fg and then would've only needed their own fg to win with at worst 25 secs to go - not out of the realm of possibilities.

if akron chose to stop them on 2nd down & goal from the 3 (another miami running play) and then called their final timeout, miami would've had 3rd and goal from the 3 with 1 minute to go. and who knows, miami then might've thrown on 3rd down and missed causing the clock to stop. then they would've had to kick the fg and akron would've only been down 2 pts with just under 1 min to go.

it was one of the dirtiest endings to a game i've ever seen (and i've seen many), plus you have to consider the crazy betting action on akron all week. also don't forget the extremely shady 2 personal foul calls on akron during miami's final drive. the announcers were in disbelief on both calls. the mac is known for this kind of funny business.
    Last edited by paranoyd androyd; 10-01-12 at 05:03 PM.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin.mig View Post
    A few years ago I had money on the Browns +16 over Patriots. With about 30 seconds left the Browns were losing by 11 with the ball on their own 15-20 yard line. I figured either they would either drive down until time expired, lose the ball on downs and the Pats would take a knee or they would turn over the ball and the Pats would take a knee and let time expire. The only way I could lose was for the Browns to turn it over and Pats defense to return the ball for a touchdown. I started counting my money. That was a bad idea. with about 15 seconds left whichever of the 30 qb's who have played for the Browns in the last 5 years hit Winslow coming across the middle for a short gain, defense strips him of the ball, recovers and returns it for a touchdown. Browns lose by 18!
    Tough one no doubt. But, watching Tampa make a huge second half comeback Sunday, and to lose it with 1.17 minutes left after the kickoff, was close to being as bad as yours. Tampa had all the momentum in the world, leading 22/21, yet watched Washington use that last minute or so, just perfectly. I watched the Washington movement on CBS Sports, and they were win 38 yards of Tampa's end zone with 50 seconds still left. I knew then I had celebrated way too early.

After these two back to back losses, my hair doesn't turn white, it just gets thinner.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

GB/Seattle...

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

How about that Kentucky/South Carolina game? Motherfukkers are up by 10 at the half and cant cover 20.5. Bastards did everything the last 10 minutes to give SC the cover, including a 12 yard punt from their own 10 to seal the fate of Wildcat bettors everywhere. They had a stretch of 8 plays in the 4th that included that punt and two interceptions..

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Had tampa yesterday. That one really pissed me off. They cut into it after Saints game and it seemed TB just let them March down the field

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    How about that Kentucky/South Carolina game? Motherfukkers are up by 10 at the half and cant cover 20.5. Bastards did everything the last 10 minutes to give SC the cover, including a 12 yard punt from their own 10 to seal the fate of Wildcat bettors everywhere. They had a stretch of 8 plays in the 4th that included that punt and two interceptions..
    Ya i had +21 i was just gonna say that. Feel real bad for anyone with 20.5.
    They were up Fukkkking 10 points

ABEHONEST

Oh, I've got more!
    How about #1 or #2 Bama, scoring 6 ****** points the 2nd. half. I was on a roll, right before a train ran over me.
    All I needed was to outscore Miss. by 7 points or more in the 2nd. half, with Bama leading 27/6 at the half. Lost the total by one td, also.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3591

i had clippers for $500 (very large bet for me) -4 at bulls in 2004. They have the ball up 5 with less than 2 seconds and the bulls foul maggette. He makes and misses 1 so clips up 6 with 2 sec left. Game over right? WRONG. bulls inbound and i guess thinking theyre gonna hit a "6 point play" with 2 sec left, kirk heinrich swishes a half court heave at the buzzer to lose by 3....having clips -4, i got "heinriched"

Also had big money on the steelers/chargers fiasco in 2010 where the polamalu fumble recovery td at the end counted and gave pitt the cover but ref scott green never added it
    Points Awarded:

ABEHONEST gave ThaWoj 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ABEHONEST

U da winner ThaWoj!

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3591

Thx for the points abe