SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Raiders +3 vs. Cardinals

Raiders +3 vs. Cardinals

Game Time: 10/22/2006 4:15:00 PM
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

Look for the Raiders to finally get their first win this season in Oakland this Sunday against the Cardinals.

This is the kind of game where we would not give points with either of these teams. And the fact that Arizona is actually giving points on the road here makes Oakland an easy choice for us.

The Cardinals have lost five consecutive games since an opening week win over San Francisco and, while some may point out that they could have won three of those games, the fact remains that they have lacked the killer instinct. One reason why that have struggled to protect leads is that they have not run the ball a lick. Edgerrin James may be second-guessing himself for coming on board as he has found very few holes behind this weak offensive line. As a result, the Cards are averaging an anemic 70.5 rushing yards per game on a pathetic 2.5 yards per rush.

This is a rare winnable game for the Raiders, and we look for them to take advantage and record their first victory of the year. The Oakland defense actually played pretty well in a 13-3 loss at Denver last week, and unlike Arizona the Raiders are at least capable of running the ball with LaMont Jordan. Oakland is averaging a respectable 111.8 rushing yards per game on a good 4.5 yards per carry, so we do feel they will be able to protect a lead here should they get ahead fairly early.

Play: Raiders +3

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leinart will bounce back after that emotional loss and lead Arizona to an easy victory.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to disagree as well. Cards will roll here.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Arizona will win this game, but I just think it may be too risky to bet on them and rather stay away.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I first looked at this game I really liked Arizona, but now I really like Oakland.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    When I first looked at this game I really liked Arizona, but now I really like Oakland.
    Illusion,

I'd be curious to know what changed your mind?

Doc JS

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

leaning Oak, but will probably have to cash a few early games to take very modest chance on them.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to wonder why anyone would like Oakland here? Oakland is a team divided, in total disarray and has an excellent chance of going 0-16 this year. Though they lost the game last Monday, Leinhart and the Cards proved they have talent. If they could move the ball and score on Chicago, why shouldn’t they put up 31+ points against Oakland this afternoon?

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I'd have to agree with taking Oakland. How can anyone trust the Cards...I like the home team +3.