SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doc's Sports: Follow Falcons +2½ vs. Steelers

Follow Falcons +2½ vs. Steelers

Game Time: 10/22/2006 1:00:00 PM
    By: Doc's Sports
    http://www.procappers.com

The Steelers will not only struggle to cover the small spread, they will struggle to win the game this Sunday when they travel to Atlanta to face the Falcons.

The champs recorded a home victory last week against a terrible team and now everyone thinks they are back.

Except me.

The Steelers are not the type of team to be laying wood against a quality team on the road. The Falcons had their hiccup last week and realize how important this game is playing inside their dome.

Michael Vick is the best athlete on the field and will beat the Steelers with his legs. Pittsburgh is having trouble throwing the ball downfield for distance and Hines Ward cannot beat Atlanta alone with his possession receptions.

Prediction: Atlanta-21 Pittsburgh-17

Play: Falcons +2½

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry mate, I'm not buying this one. Vick is still sleeping in a tub of ice every night attempting to recuperate from the brutal mauling the Giants did to him just a few days ago. He is banged up and bruised, and I expect he might be a tad hesitant this week to take off and run against a very physical Steelers defense. If the Giants could make Vick and their running game look so bad last week, why on earth couldn’t the Steelers?

I’m loving the Steelers here.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

The line is moving against the Falcons... On that alone, I have to disgree with the initial selection.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't necessarily like this pick, but i either like home puppies or stay away (4 of 6 home underdogs covered last week, with 3 winning outright.)