lid73
    lid73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 7 Plays and Discussion

Car +3 Cinc - Carolina still seems to be undervalued after a slow start. Their defense is playing very well right now and they scored some points against a tough Baltimore D. I think they win this game outright, and may also be looking for some ML action.

NE -5 Buf - NE seems to have found their stride a little... maybe. This is as much a play against Buffalo as anything else. Losman is looking like a deer in the headlights, and Buf just has not put it together all year. NE should be a good road fav in this spot.

Pit -2 ATL - ATL is not very good. They have a nice defense, but their college style offense will not cut it against a good pro defense. Pitt is better than a good pro defense. I can easily see Pit putting it to ATL in this spot.

Den -4.5 Cle - I think Denver's offense is not as bad as they looked against the Raiders. They literally did nothing the entire second half and won by 10. On the road, with a scrappy Cleveland team, Denver can not sit on it's hands. Cle will make plenty of mistakes in the face of the Denver D, and I see a nice game for Plummer against the Cleveland D.

Ari -3 Oak - OK, Cards are a whole different team under Leinart. As much as I want to hate the guy, he is just plain good. He brings a swagger to the team, and confidence to the whole offense. Oh, and Oakland sucks. I see tremendous value in betting against Oakland until they win. People will be second guessing when they will win, and I see spread value for the other team.

Was +9.5 Ind - Overreaction play here. Washington laid an egg as a huge favorite last week. I think they are getting about 3 extra points here. Indy has not really put anyone away this season. They are playing ok, and well enough to win, but are not stomping people like last year. I think this is too many points.

Min +6.5 Sea - Surprised that Seattle managed to win last week. I was pretty convinced that the Rams would beat them. But, given that a good team will find a way to win, the fact that the hawks did it against another good team is impressive. That being said, they are at home. At home, Seattle is a force to be reckoned with. Therefore, the Seattle play.

NYG +3.5 DAL - Playing the Giants here. I nabbed it at 3.5 early in the week, but would buy the hook anyway at 3. I like the Giants to actually play the full game here instead of just the second half. This is a huge rivalry game, and I don't think Dallas has the horses to stay with the Giants scoring machine. Even in a close game, I will take the FG and the dog.

Anyway, those are my plays. Good luck all.

lid73

Oops. Record this year 19-19-2. A well balanced attack!

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Likin' every play besides SEA and WASH

lid73

Primo,

I can see that the Seattle game might be too many points, since Minny has a good D. I think the Hawks win this game, though. They are so tough at home.

I am more comfortable with the Wash play. Why don't you like it? I know the Colts can put up points in bunches, but have not really blown anyone out this year (leave the Texans out of it, they are a high school team). Also, Wash is getting a bad rep from their past two performances. I really can see this game going down to a score in the last few minutes. And, since I am getting more than a touchdown, I have to take the dog.

Interested in your reasoning about the Indy game.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anybody have any comments on these plays??

What if any are your thoughts on these plays

Det/Nyj Ovr 42
    N.E. -5
    Ari -3

lid73

Hmm... I wonder if your post was supposed to be a new thread Rage?

Anyway, I obviously am in favor of NE and ARI.

With respect to the total, I am a little skittish. I try to stay away from totals in general, but especially when two bad teams play. You never know if it will be a shootout, a low scoring game with too many mistakes for either side to score, or a blowout by one team. If you see a 24-0 score at halftime, you may as well kiss the over goodbye in most cases. However, if it is a very low scoring game, you may have the opportunity to hedge at the half. If it is high scoring game, you can try to middle.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

A quick look at the history books shows that all games this
    year involving the Jets and all games for the lions except the Buffalo and Seattle games have gone over the total.

misterjameswest
    misterjameswest's Avatar Become A Pro!

My parlays this week include:

Patriots
    Eagles(undecided on the -5) Jags
    Chargers Denver
    Cards-3 Colts
    Seattle

I like 3-4 team parlays; and I really like Cards-3, Seattle, Philly; and the Denver.

I think the Cards will be mad as hell and Leinert will continue to play well. Minnesota may have a good D, but I think Seattle at home will have pleny of offense. Tampa seems to have a good rookie qb in Gradkowski? and some D, but I like the Eagles to put some points up. And even though Denver isn't scoring much, I like their running back, Javon Walker; and their D.

I've been thinking Eagles-5 and Denver/Cleveland under 32. Any opinions? Hope it's a lucky Week 7 for all!

Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am sold on the Denver/Clev under...taking it

Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh guys I forgot to mention, weather in Cleve for Sunday is 60% rain and 50 Deg.....muddy field should = low scoring.
    Oh all of Denvers games have been under this year, and 3 out of 5 games went under this year for Cleve (2 of those 3 were at home)

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

denver's highest point output was 17 at NE...
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 10-20-06 at 10:48 AM.

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Message deleted.
    Last edited by Augustus; 10-31-06 at 07:59 AM.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hadn't noticed that augustus interesting point, considering teams have gotten whooped by the bears and you think they would be value the next week when the public over reacts.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

right on, but i believe it is 0-5 ats...1-4 su (sea over rams)
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 10-21-06 at 06:23 AM.

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Seattle had a bye week after they lost to Chicago.

lid73

Wow. this weekend sucked. 2-4-1 so far, bringing the year to 21-23-3. Lots of pushes this year. While I don't enjoy losing money, I am kind of glad for this weekend. It tones down the spreads for good teams, and gives a little extra value for teams that are playing OK, but not winning.

While NE won convincingly, Den seems to play ok, and win beause of defense. I don't know if I really want to give more than 4 or 5 points with Den for the rest of the season. The losses were weird ones, and I have to say that the bets were ok even in retrospect.

Carolina should have at least pushed that game into overtime. They are a good team, and this loss may provide some value on that team going into the future.

Washington did well the first half, but Indy finally put a bunch of points on the board.

Pitt pissed this game away with poor defense and turnovers. I really think they should have won it, but they don't seem to have that fire that they had last year.

Arizona was just plain flat. They had no emotion for this game, and deserved to lose.

Seattle, I can't figure out. What the hell happened to them. Taking nothing away from the Minny defense, which looked good, Seattle did not play well. Also, losing Hasselback did not help.

All in all, I could easily have seen this week go 4-2-1 or 5-2. Just a bad week when the ball bounced the other way. I think the Giants plus 3.5 are solid today. Good luck on your bets folks.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

You forgot to mention how bad Philly sucked that Ahole Mcnabb blew a 5 team parlay for me. 2 int's for 14 and they blew another score before the 1/2 running out of time. I thought for sure Reid would have these clowns ready to play after last week and what's with that throwing up shit? Was he out partying all night?

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy
    You forgot to mention how bad Philly sucked that Ahole Mcnabb blew a 5 team parlay for me. 2 int's for 14 and they blew another score before the 1/2 running out of time. I thought for sure Reid would have these clowns ready to play after last week and what's with that throwing up shit? Was he out partying all night?
    In his defense; it was like 105 degrees in Tampa and humid. Also, if it hasn't become clear yet, it is quite obvious the Eagles are as close to a one-man team as they get. They will only go as far as McNabb takes them. Love him or hate him, HE is the Eagles team.