brainsurgeon702
    brainsurgeon702's Avatar Become A Pro!

bat the ball down

Refs made a horrible call,but if Gb bats the ball down, they get a win. I learned that when I was in pop warner. Horrible decision

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The Lions agree with this.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Should have been a PI call anyhow regardless.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Exactly, you learn this in pop warner. Why try to catch the ball for an INT stat when you can bat the ball down and get your team a win?

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Bat it down if you're in single coverage. Catch it if you're in a crowd. Jennings did the right thing as he would have otherwise risked batting the ball directly into tate's arms.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

lol. yeah. if he bats it down, and then it gets caught, people will say why not just grab it!!!!!!!!!!!!! roar!!!!!!!!!!

the fact is jennings made the play, and tate then took two arms on the ball only when jennings fell to the ground.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The Lions agree with this.
    You're just citing a fluke play that happens maybe 1 out of 1,000 times in the NFL.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    You're just citing a fluke play that happens maybe 1 out of 1,000 times in the NFL.

Nope. Clown. Look at how closely this play resembles the one from tonight. Do not bat the ball in the direction of a receiver.

brainsurgeon702
    brainsurgeon702's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly. Thank you

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Except it happened in the Jaguars game last year when Mike Thomas caught the ball for the TD. It happeened last year in the NCAA, in a game where Russel Wilson played, those are just going off memory. I simply gave an example of a play that literally happened less than 24 hrs ago.

The real football instruction has been stated, you try to catch in crowd.

BTW, how many times has this happened, where the official literally cost the game. He did the right thing and intercepted it.

iQon

I say "you're citing a play that happens 1 out of 1000 Hail Mary situations in the NFL"...

they offer examples of college games. Then they give me one NFL game from last year. another Sunday where the guy clearly miss-timed his jump and never had control over the ball.

But where's the rest?

Exactly.

you're just making my point for me.

rdegk15
    GO PACK GO
    rdegk15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

No need to bat the ball down when you make a clean and clear interception.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Wait...and the play from last night wasn't a "fluke play that happens maybe 1 out of 1,000 times"???

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Old school training was bat the ball down. Now, they teach it as being "situational" reference MD Jennings, he did the right thing...the refs did not.

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    Wait...and the play from last night wasn't a "fluke play that happens maybe 1 out of 1,000 times"???
    that's not even the same situation, genius. The player blew it for the Titans, a ref stole a game from Green Bay.

and since we're talking about REFS, no... that never happens because the regular refs

A) would have caught Tate pushing that guy and there would be no need to worry about who came down with the ball
    B) the sideline ref would never just come in and overrule a backline judge in that situation. thw backline judge wouldn't just rollover and concede to the sideline ref, either.

do some of you even WATCH football?

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

that's not even the same situation, genius. The player blew it for the Titans, a ref stole a game from Green Bay.

and since we're talking about REFS, no... that never happens because the regular refs

A) would have caught Tate pushing that guy and there would be no need to worry about who came down with the ball
    B) the sideline ref would never just come in and overrule a backline judge in that situation. thw backline judge wouldn't just rollover and concede to the sideline ref, either.

do some of you even WATCH football?
    You either missed my point or are clearly a moron. If a batted ball being caught for a TD is a "1 in 1,000 play" then why isn't an intercepted ball being simultaneously caught a "1 in 1,000 play"?

The intelligence quotient of this board astonishes me sometimes.