TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Titans/Lions game probably the craziest I've ever seen

Most eventful last 4 or 5 minutes I've ever heard of. 2 touchdown lead with about a minute left not safe?

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes it was a crazy game...Still would rather watch the Ravens/Pats game over that Detroit game though.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Refs were too much a part of Ravs/Pats. Sickening to watch. I lost that one though Which might have something to do with it

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Many people here will tell you those last four minutes were orchestrated. You know, fixed.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Many people here will tell you those last four minutes were orchestrated. You know, fixed.
    ...and what you don't believe that some games are fixed or are you "one' of those people thats just naive to be a part of many people? In case your wondering...I was on the winning side, just thought I'd asked since you tried to distance yourself from the crowd.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Omaga View Post
    ...and what you don't believe that some games are fixed or are you "one' of those people thats just naive to be a part of many people? In case your wondering...I was on the winning side, just thought I'd asked since you tried to distance yourself from the crowd.
    No, I do not believe NFL games are fixed. If you have proof stating otherwise, I would love to see it. Links, documents, etc.

If these games are fixed, there are a lot of stupid players having to deal with concussions, broken legs, paralysis, and everything else. Or is that just part of the script?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

No, I do not believe NFL games are fixed. If you have proof stating otherwise, I would love to see it. Links, documents, etc.

If these games are fixed, there are a lot of stupid players having to deal with concussions, broken legs, paralysis, and everything else. Or is that just part of the script?
    I don't think some players can be part of the script, maybe the playcalling or coaches but not the players. We would have heard from some sour former players if that was the case, they would have tweeted by now

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    I don't think some players can be part of the script, maybe the playcalling or coaches but not the players. We would have heard from some sour former players if that was the case, they would have tweeted by now
    Referees can do their best to corrupt an event, but they can only do so much. Especially in this day and age with instant replay. Obviously the precedent has been set with the likes of Tim Donaghy, but I like to at least think he was an isolated incident.

No way coaches are throwing games, although Mike Scioscia of the Angels sometimes makes me wonder.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

i live in the suburbs of detroit, and you should of heard sports talk radio today. people were so perplexed and mad about the game. i definitely think it was one of the craziest games ive ever seen. fans around arent too happy today.

shift_knob
    shift_knob's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way it can be "fixed" by players. they would have leaked by now especially the ones that are broke now would have said something to make some money.

these replacment refs, yea i can see them being bribed. phantom calls and turning away from actual foul, that was sickening last night. even though i won with the +2.5, i feel sorry for whoever was on pats ML cause they had it...

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by shift_knob View Post
    no way it can be "fixed" by players. they would have leaked by now especially the ones that are broke now would have said something to make some money.

these replacment refs, yea i can see them being bribed. phantom calls and turning away from actual foul, that was sickening last night. even though i won with the +2.5, i feel sorry for whoever was on pats ML cause they had it...
    great point guy.

The Giant

You guys don't think referees can go broke, too?

Why wouldn't they write a book, talking about their experiences fixing NFL games?

It would be the biggest bestseller ever.

mynameismud

the NFL is the only sport i can definitely say is not fixed.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Why wouldn't they write a book, talking about their experiences fixing NFL games?

Yea true.

Omaga
    I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Google Search - "Match Fixing" read the article in the Wikipedia with sources. Also Dan E. Moldea book "Interference" has great sources and documents that this existed in the NFL. I do believe as Dan points out or makes reference stating "any admission to the contrary would jeopardize the public's perception of "the integrity of the game."They are cases where it's difficult to discover hard evidence as to who is involved. You have to have an individual directly involved in the sports bribe or the fix to get a successful prosecution. And that is quite difficult". I just find it hard to believe that if it takes place in other sports, why not the NFL because at the end of the day - the sports industry is a business before its a sport. Therefore I wouldn't be naive that its going on and/or has taking place, regardless to each of his own views and admissions however I would "never" say my losses are directly related to this type of view and I think thats all you were trying to point out when making this statement "many people here will tell you those last four minutes were orchestrated. You know, fixed".

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972