Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Monday Night Football Preview: Green Bay Packers vs. Seattle Seahawks

NFL handicappers will definitely take into account that underdogs have gone 11-4 against the spread this week leading into ESPN's Monday Night Football, which adds some appeal to the Seattle Seahawks in hosting the Green Bay Packers insideCenturyLink Field.

The Seahawks are currently three-point home underdogs in the current pro football odds (courtesy of SBR Forum), while the total has fallen three points from its opening number to settle in at 44.

Green Bay split its two home games against the San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears to open the 2012 NFL regular season, as it now prepares to play away from Lambeau Field in four of the next five weeks. The Packers have won nine of their last 12 prime-time games.

In 15 meetings against Monday night's opponent, the franchise has garnered a 10-5 all-time record, which includes a perfect 2-0 mark in postseason action. Green Bay has won six of the last seven meetings.

Sports bettors will definitely be interested to know that the Packers have tallied a league-best 8-2 record in September road contests under head coach Mike McCarthy, which fits nicely with their 7-4 against-the-spread (ATS) mark as a road favorite of seven or fewer points the last two-plus seasons.

Seattle is coming off an impressive 27-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys as three-point home underdogs in Week 2, while total bettors will notice that the squad has fallen UNDER the total in its first two games of the year.

The Seahawks rank sixth in the league in pass defense, which is an important stat when going against one of the best signal-callers in the NFL. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has thrown for 15 touchdowns and eight interceptions in seven career Monday Night Football starts.

Rookie quarterback Russell Wilson will be making his first prime-time appearance, which may cause Seattle to fall to 9-22-1 ATS following a straight-up win.

Follow Jeff Grant on Twitter

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Seahawks are getting too much respect because they beat Dallas last week.
    Green Bay is not Dallas.
    Packers -1 and -3 is where I'm at.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

true test tonight against a team which can light you up if your D doesn't show up.

Wilson will also be pressured more then ever tonight and he better be prepared to run for his life. If his O line caves in, watch out - could be a ugly game. He can scramble and make plays but Green bay can contain him.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rookie QB. Week 3 at home on a Monday nighter.

Jeff Grant

Some Monday Night Football trends for both sides:

-The Packers are 7-0 SU and ATS when playing on MNF with extra rest
    -The Seahawks are 16-7-1 ATS when playing on MNF (16-8 SU, best win percentage in the league in this prime-time event)

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

I respect all of your opinions. I also respect the capabilities of the Green Bay packers, but how can anyone say Wilson will be running for his life more than ever? He faced a much much better D (one of if not the best in the NFL right now) in week 1 on the road. Then he went 15-20 with no turnovers against a pressure avg D (about the same as GB) last week against Dallas. I'm not sure which way I lean, but the GB D is not even close to the best pressure D that Wilson has seen so far.
    Last edited by Bbfromgpt; 09-24-12 at 10:04 AM.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

I smell trap but I'm on tilt pounding GB -3! Everything I have touched has turned to poop this NFL season!

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    I respect all of your opinions. I also respect the capabilities of the Green Bay packers, but how can anyone say Wilson will be running for his life more than ever? He faced a much much better D (one of if not the best in the NFL right now) in week 1 on the road. Then he went 15-20 with no turnovers against a pressure avg D (about the same as GB) last week against Dallas. I'm not sure which way I lean, but the GB D is not even close to the best pressure D that Wilson has seen so far.
    GB has the #1 pass D in the league right now(yds/gm)--if you think arizona or dallas are better at rushing the QB or have a better secondary than GB your dreaming.
    Arizona should be 1-2 right now & Dallas shot themselves in the foot on special teams.Seattle beat dallas no denying it but Dallas shit the bed.It's not outside the realm of possibility that GB loses tonight.They could crap the bed too but it's more likely they don't.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Sea-Locks! +3.5

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

If you think GB's D is better than Zonas you're dreaming my friend. They have replicated the Steelers blue print. Rush the passer and be really strong on the back end. The Cards shouldn't be one and 2 bc they dominated the eagles and ruffed up the pats. Seattle handled an avg Cowboys team. Boys aren't anything worth talking about so I'm not basing this off that win.

This will be GB's 30 straight game without a 100 yd rusher, they will struggle to close out this game if their passing game isnt on point. This is fact, Seattle has the secondary to diffuse the GB aerial attack.

The Hawks have outrushed their 1st two opponents 149-46.* Green Bay has been outrushed 140-76.*GB better get back to form on O or they won't just not cover, they'll lose SU!

Should be a great game, the dogs were what 11-5ats this wkn in the NFL. Vegas is begging the public to hammer GB. I'll wait and see what the line does, I'm up from yesterday so no need to press, but leaning Seattle.

Good Luck either way

freakydave

If you think GB's D is better than Zonas you're dreaming my friend. They have replicated the Steelers blue print. Rush the passer and be really strong on the back end. The Cards shouldn't be one and 2 bc they dominated the eagles and ruffed up the pats. Seattle handled an avg Cowboys team. Boys aren't anything worth talking about so I'm not basing this off that win.

This will be GB's 30 straight game without a 100 yd rusher, they will struggle to close out this game if their passing game isnt on point. This is fact, Seattle has the secondary to diffuse the GB aerial attack.

The Hawks have outrushed their 1st two opponents 149-46.* Green Bay has been outrushed 140-76.*GB better get back to form on O or they won't just not cover, they'll lose SU!

Should be a great game, the dogs were what 11-5ats this wkn in the NFL. Vegas is begging the public to hammer GB. I'll wait and see what the line does, I'm up from yesterday so no need to press, but leaning Seattle.

Good Luck either way
    Dude your out to lunch--NE missed a gimme FG that wasn't some great D effort(if they actually blocked it you might have a point).Full credit for the W but c'mon man.Seattle's 32nd ranked passing game couldn't score from the 10 yd line what a shocker.Arizona has 3w's & they earned them but do not pretend they a great pass rush & ball hawking secondary.They don't

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Arizona is building a d just like Pitt using that blueprint is what I was implying. They earned all 3 of their wins. Bottom line is they did enough to win

So what Seattle has the 32nd passing O. GB has the 29 passing O. Numbers are skewed it's early in the year. Seattle also has the 32nd ranked offense in total offense and GB is 31st. They're both tied for 29th in 3rd down conversions. Again if you're basing picks off numbers like that in the first 3 weeks then we see whose "out to lunch". Good luck man

THoll702
    THoll702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5448

Seattle secondary and linebackers will be tested alot tonight. I see Rogers and Co. putting up 30+ points. This DEE in Seattle is overrated!

Jeff Grant

Arizona is building a d just like Pitt using that blueprint is what I was implying. They earned all 3 of their wins. Bottom line is they did enough to win

So what Seattle has the 32nd passing O. GB has the 29 passing O. Numbers are skewed it's early in the year. Seattle also has the 32nd ranked offense in total offense and GB is 31st. They're both tied for 29th in 3rd down conversions. Again if you're basing picks off numbers like that in the first 3 weeks then we see whose "out to lunch". Good luck man
    I went to school in Arizona - all of my friends love their defense

freakydave

Look Arizona has the 29th passing O(yds/gm) & Seattle 32nd GB 17th
    & GB & sea have played 1 fewer game.Well let's just agree to disagree & I'll wish you luck in the weeks to come.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Green Bay -3 (5x)

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Seahawks head into Monday night's game at home against Green Bay with the fewest yards passing of any team in the NFL.The Seahawks'run defense is excellent by my stats,and their ability to force teams into 3rd down and long situations is why they beat one good team,and were one score and one good play away from beating another very good team that say's it all my fellow SBR members.Seattle has an excellent run defense,check out stats if you do not believe me,here is the Big question ????They haven't been tested by a team that is either decent at running the ball or committed to running the ball.Mike McCarthy needs to stick with the running game even if it doesn't play immediate yards gained.Seahawks have to prove that they can stop a respectable rushing attack for an entire game,while avoiding giving up big plays on play action.While much of that has been by design with the Seahawks trying to avoid putting too much on their rookie QB.The lack of yards is causing some to question whether the Seahawks pass offense can wake up enough to throw its way to victory if needed[ that's a big IF????].Unless Aaron Rodgers has a truly dominant evening,the Packers will need to run the ball almost as well as they did last week against the Chicago Bears to feel like they have a good chance at pulling out the victory.However from my stats and game analysis,I don't think that will happen.I wouldn't call it""in the bag easily""LOL LOL!!!SRB members.This game will be a straight brawl.The Seahawks have the best record in the NFL on Monday Night football and they have the best home record sinc Clink field was built.They have a great defense and an incredible rushing scheme.This game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and if the other team can capitalize.The Seahawks secondary defense will be kept busy all night and win this game,also win this game outright with the running game. Seahawks +3 At Home

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    The Seahawks head into Monday night's game at home against Green Bay with the fewest yards passing of any team in the NFL.The Seahawks'run defense is excellent by my stats,and their ability to force teams into 3rd down and long situations is why they beat one good team,and were one score and one good play away from beating another very good team that say's it all my fellow SBR members.Seattle has an excellent run defense,check out stats if you do not believe me,here is the Big question ????They haven't been tested by a team that is either decent at running the ball or committed to running the ball.Mike McCarthy needs to stick with the running game even if it doesn't play immediate yards gained.Seahawks have to prove that they can stop a respectable rushing attack for an entire game,while avoiding giving up big plays on play action.While much of that has been by design with the Seahawks trying to avoid putting too much on their rookie QB.The lack of yards is causing some to question whether the Seahawks pass offense can wake up enough to throw its way to victory if needed[ that's a big IF????].Unless Aaron Rodgers has a truly dominant evening,the Packers will need to run the ball almost as well as they did last week against the Chicago Bears to feel like they have a good chance at pulling out the victory.However from my stats and game analysis,I don't think that will happen.I wouldn't call it""in the bag easily""LOL LOL!!!SRB members.This game will be a straight brawl.The Seahawks have the best record in the NFL on Monday Night football and they have the best home record sinc Clink field was built.They have a great defense and an incredible rushing scheme.This game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and if the other team can capitalize.The Seahawks secondary defense will be kept busy all night and win this game,also win this game outright with the running game. Seahawks +3 At Home
    Thanks for the information - Good luck tonight

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    true test tonight against a team which can light you up if your D doesn't show up.

Wilson will also be pressured more then ever tonight and he better be prepared to run for his life. If his O line caves in, watch out - could be a ugly game. He can scramble and make plays but Green bay can contain him.
    Retard Alert Retard Alert

txrangers
    txrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Seahawks are getting too much respect because they beat Dallas last week.
    Green Bay is not Dallas.
    Packers -1 and -3 is where I'm at.
    this. dallas would beat them 7 out of 10 times if they played again. dallas was just too high after that giants game.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

9/24/2012 11:07AM Spread 630.00 500.00 Football - 429 Green Bay Packers -3 -126 buying ½ for Game

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

Lol Dallas would absolute not beat this team 7 out of 10 times. Dallas would be the 4th best team in the division behind SF Ariz and Sea just like they are in the East

txrangers
    txrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol Dallas would absolute not beat this team 7 out of 10 times. Dallas would be the 4th best team in the division behind SF Ariz and Sea just like they are in the East
    actually dallas is in 1st place in the east and has the top ranked defense in the league. their issue is all mental. they didn't even show up in seattle. seattle got a fumble on the opening kickoff and a blocked punt td. packers are mentally stronger than the boys. they win tonight.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin

You very well may be right, but being mental, lack of solid leadership from their coach or QB, lack of consistant pass rush other than ware, lack of consistant offensive line play, lack of consistant offensive production from their outside receivers, or whatever else is the cowboys problem they still will be what they have been for years. An inconsistent non playoff team