sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

not just one

Tonylikes2
    Tonylikes2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

These refs have to go. Even though I won my wager ( had pats ) still. This stuff is getting crazy.
    i can lose on my own. I don't need help from the refs.

BigBlueNYG
    BigBlueNYG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

how about the ridiculous unsportsman like conduct call on Harbough, that I have NEVER seen called before from a regular NFL referee. Or the illegal conduct on the pass that Webb intercepted. If you wanna complain about one call complain about the other ones as well.

The calls against the Patriots were awful on that last drive, but the drive before that was just as bad against the Ravens, bottom line the officials absolutely suck.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Unreal. ****** up

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Which one? That last interference call was a good call.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Which one? That last interference call was a good call.
    That call was good but on the previous drive, they pretty much walked them up the field with holding calls on defense

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

What was ironic about that call is that on the next play, the Pats DL was absolutely tackled right in front of Flacco and they didn't call holding.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I knew it was going to be a long night after Brady got tackled by ngata, got up yelling at the ref and got him to throw a flag for a personal foul.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

that phantom holding call really made it seem like there was some level of corruption. guy barely grazed him on a huge 3rd down play. they were cheating for tv i think.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    that phantom holding call really made it seem like there was some level of corruption. guy barely grazed him on a huge 3rd down play. they were cheating for tv i think.
    These refs can easily be influenced as seen earlier. You never know who influenced them, could be Vegas lol

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

The big calls seem to be going to the home teams

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

the commentators even called the game getting out of hand in the first quarter.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Apparently if your brother dies the morning of the game and you are a reciever you are allowed to push off twice and score TDs. The 1st time they threw the flag but then the refs had a conference and realized his brother died that morning so it was an excusable infraction and they picked up the flag.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

The bad officiating I've seen so far (not that it hasn't always been kind of marginal and it is a hard sport to call too) has added an element of entertainment to the games that is 'fun' (I go back to the days of no instant replay or challenges) but also, another variable that makes the games harder to bet on.

It looked like in the Balt./N.E. game that the refs decided to 'take control', in light of the out-of-control behavior we've seen in other games this year, and overcompensated by calling too many penalties. Really fun game to watch especially since I had no wagers on it. Brady remains brilliant.
    Last edited by heywally; 09-24-12 at 08:49 AM.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

The officiating was horrible all around...Not just helping the Ravens, but helping the Pats as well.

Some people just like making excuses for why they lost money.

bigant78
    bigant78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 572

The ravens and pats game should have been flag football instead.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

the NFL. so bad

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

the refs are not only costing teams games,, costing players body parts now also

houston qb matt s lost some of his ear

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the refs did a fine job.

sincerely,
    roger goodell

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    the refs are not only costing teams games,, costing players body parts now also

houston qb matt s lost some of his ear

shut your fukkin mouth kid

dont cry about stuff you cant control

less time here posting-more time looking for a job to get out of the trailer and off govt assistance

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Apparently if your brother dies the morning of the game and you are a reciever you are allowed to push off twice and score TDs. The 1st time they threw the flag but then the refs had a conference and realized his brother died that morning so it was an excusable infraction and they picked up the flag.
    The first TD Torrey scored was a joke of a flag. Not sure he ever grazed the DB. Now on the second TD, I'm not going to argue with you.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    shut your fukkin mouth kid

dont cry about stuff you cant control

less time here posting-more time looking for a job to get out of the trailer and off govt assistance
    again stay angry, you idiot clown, I love how you continue to think you are big time attacking me, you are nothing to me, go back to school and then come back and say something to me

stay angry you gayboy

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    again stay angry, you idiot clown, I love how you continue to think you are big time attacking me, you are nothing to me, go back to school and then come back and say something to me

stay angry you gayboy

idiot

trailer trash

tires flat on house kid?

still on govt assistance?

RidetheTide
    RidetheTide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Does any one know how they selected these replacements? I was watching the Carolina TB game week 1 and could have sworn I saw my third grade football coach on TV, called my buddy up from highschool who was his son and it turned out it was him. Said he gets payed 6k a game. Funny thing is the guy used to play poker at one of our friends house with a couple of other guys, one of which was a known bookie. Don't think he would have ever made a call that wasn't as he saw it, he seemed like a pretty good guy, but I could see others doing so. Anyways just thought I'd throw that out there.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I didn't have any large money on the game (small bet on over) but I was astounded by how many defensive holding calls there were. If your hand came within 2 feet of a receiver you were flagged.

I honestly can't see the NFL giving in to the reg refs demands unless there is a COMPLETE screw up that costs a team a game. We're almost entering week 4 and there hasn't been any progress. Neither side wants to budge.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RidetheTide View Post
    Does any one know how they selected these replacements? I was watching the Carolina TB game week 1 and could have sworn I saw my third grade football coach on TV, called my buddy up from highschool who was his son and it turned out it was him. Said he gets payed 6k a game. Funny thing is the guy used to play poker at one of our friends house with a couple of other guys, one of which was a known bookie. Don't think he would have ever made a call that wasn't as he saw it, he seemed like a pretty good guy, but I could see others doing so. Anyways just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Ref gets 3.5k, everyone else 3k.

Reg refs get 5k but want 5.8k -- they also get a base salary between 25k-75k (depending on number of years)

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

As many calls for the Pats as the Ravens. How about that interception by the Ravens that was instead was called a hold?

RidetheTide
    RidetheTide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    As many calls for the Pats as the Ravens. How about that interception by the Ravens that was instead was called a hold?
    This is what I'm thinking, I guess they are just that bad?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What was ironic about that call is that on the next play, the Pats DL was absolutely tackled right in front of Flacco and they didn't call holding.
    yea, i saw that a couple of times and i thought itwas pretty obvious

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by k4cowboys4k View Post
    The first TD Torrey scored was a joke of a flag. Not sure he ever grazed the DB. Now on the second TD, I'm not going to argue with you.
    Funny, I thought the 2nd TD was less of a pushoff. The 1st td where they threw the flag was the one I thought warranted a penalty more. To each his own.

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Funny, I thought the 2nd TD was less of a pushoff. The 1st td where they threw the flag was the one I thought warranted a penalty more. To each his own.
    See I thought the first was a good call at first but after the replay I agreed with the no call, oh well.