MattRegaw
    MattRegaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Young in the Wildcat?

Vince Young this week had an interview with a Baltimore radio station this week and he was quoted as saying he could play somewhere else. "If them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change." The Titans would be crazy to trade this guy right now. What they should do is get him in on “slash plays” and utilize him in a Wildcat formation that other teams have adapted. This way he gets to play and can become a weapon that can be on the field at the same time with Collins if need be. This will either get him ready to play QB or raise his stock for trading purposes. Look for him at other positions this year but I doubt that will shut him up.

~Matt

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If Young is game, I say do it. Some young QBs will try to reject the "slash" role, because then they start to be seen as something other than a starting QB in the NFL. Cordell Stewart was a famous example. He didn't want to be a career "slash" type guy, he wanted to be a starting QB in the NFL. I was never a Cordell Stewart fan, and he might have had a better career keeping to the "slash" role. We'll see what happens with Vince Young. It'd be nice to get him on the field whenever possible, but is it really worth it if it diminishes him as a future starting QB?