imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv94 NFL Season Thoughts

NFC

Chicago Bears (6-0) can they go undefeated? That will be the water cooler question on Tuesday Morning and will be revisited after everyone of their victories. Bears have won two games in the last seconds so far this season and I would have to say their chances of 16-0 are quite small... They are lucky they are 6-0.. Very LUCKY!!!

Ny Giants (3-2) are my Dark Horse so far, they have impressed the hell out of me. And Eli Manning seems to be coming around he is an improving stud.. Tiki Barber is getting into stride and the D has awaken recently. This is another team I would not be surprised to see in the Superbowl.. I believe they could play anybody close..

Carolina Panthers (4-2) seem to be getting good right now and need to be looked as one of the best teams in football. They have playmakers on both sides of the ball and have playoff and Superbowl experience. Expect this team to be deep in the playoffs this season...

Seattle Seahawks (4-1) don't strike me as a major contender this year but if they are able to get home field advantage watch out! QWEST Field is the most hostile enviorment in all of football.. If they don't get home field in the playoffs they will lose immediately...

New Orleans Saints (5-1) Solid team. I love the way they are utilizing Reggie Bush and McAlister and Drew Brees has been extremely solid. Defense has been better than expected to especially the secondary. Saints are a good team and before calling them serious contenders I would like to see a couple of more games. They are very good at HOME!!!

Philadelphia Eagles (4-2) seem like a solid but extremely beatable team that won't go far this year. They will likely either miss the playoffs or endure an early exit..

Dallas Cowboys (3-2) Do not know what to expect from this team so far they look very strong with 3 blowout victories and 2 very close defeats but there is alot of incertainty with this team considering who their QB is and whether he will play effectively or get benched eventually.. Something tells me they are not among the NFLs elite..

Atlanta Falcons (3-2) Defense has been impressive but overrated Vick will only take you so far, I still think this team would be better off if Matt Schaub was the starting QB but Vick gets 10 mil a year so he will be in charge until he breaks his leg again.. Falcons are a good team but far from elite and will likely find themselves 8-8 this season..

Minnesota Vikings (3-2) One of the more interesting teams in the NFL has all 5 of their games were almost identical. Close low scoring games where they give up around 17 points. The question with this team "is there Defense this good"? Or have they played nothing but poor offensive teams? I think they have a solid D and will be around and might sneak into the playoffs. Will endure an early exit..

St.Louis Rams (4-2) Not impressed at all. Could be 2-4 as easy as they are 4-2. Marc Bulger has been extremely impressive but he can only take you so far. Don't expect much from this team...
    ________________________________________ ____________________

AFC

San Diego(4-1) has done nothing wrong this season and could very easily be 5-0. Watch out for this team they are dangerous and the only thing that can hold them back is their piece of shit coach... Definite Superbowl contender..
    Phillip Rivers is silencing critics and LT and Gates are in their prime. Defense is awesome complete run stoppers.. I love this team!!!

Indy(5-0) Expecting the same from this team a great reg season and an exit before the big game in the playoffs. No run defense and too much on Peyton Mannings shoulders IMO.. Good team expect plenty more wins this season and another exit out of the playoffs. And more "Can Peyton win the big game" conversation

Denver (4-1) Denver has only given up 1 TD all season and 37 points in 5 games. That is amazing if this defense keeps this up they might find themselves in the Superbowl. But something tells me Jake Plummer will keep them out. Also Denvers offense needs to step it they cannot continue to depend on the defense to win games.. I am very curious to see how this team fares this season..

New England (4-1) Some people are predicting Superbowl, not me their secondary is suspect and Brady doesn't have a go to WR yet. The loss of Deion Branch I do believe has hurt this team. Of course they will make the playoffs look at their division but this team is not among the elite IMO and will lose in the first round of the playoffs..

Baltimore (4-2) Is old and is depending on McNair who is injury prone. Alot of things will need to fall in place for them to do anything special and I just don't see it. There defense can win games but I see other teams as better...

Pittsburgh (2-3) This is not a bad team at all, they lost 3 games to elite teams and could of won any of those games. Steelers still have an amazing run defense and defensive playmakers. I don't think they will repeat as champions but they should have a successful season and will probably win the North..

Cincy (3-2) Carson Palmer is the best QB in the NFL but is that enough? Obviously not, but this team is solid and has improved on defense immensely. I don't have a good feel on this team, I do expect them to be in the playoffs and possibly win a game but don't see them as Champions..

Jacksonville (3-2) Other than the game vs the Redskins this Defense has looked amazing. Defeating Dallas and Pittsburgh and playing Indy close is an indication that this team is for real. They have a solid running game and defense and could surprise.. They won't win the AFC but they could do some damage.. They are very good at Home!!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice summary.

SD has impressed me the most so far. Well oiled machine and great to watch. Rivers way ahead of schedule. Marty may have learned his lesson after the loss in Baltimore and all the public criticism. To me it's SD, then nothing, then the rest.

Not expecting much from IND. Offense good enough for a nice regular season record, defense not good enough to go far in the playoffs. Have gone backwards from last season.

imgv94

I agree DH.. SD is the team everyone needs to watchout for..

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good write up.

I'm not as high on the NYG as you are. I think Dall and Phl will both finish higher than them in the East. Phl manhandled them for 3 quarters but got conservative and gave it away - won't happen in the 2nd game. This mon night will show us how good both dal and NYG are.

I'd be suprised if Baltimore even made the playoffs - really. I think Pit will win the division and Cin will grab a wildcard and the AFC is way too competitive to have 3 teams come out of the same division. NE will stay under the radar in the AFC LEast but if they get homefield in the playoffs we all know how hard it is to play at foxboro in Jan.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like:
    SD
    NY

I dislike:
    DAL
    BAL

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

similar thoughts on the vikings. look how they played against chicago one of the elite teams in the nfl, even with their close defeat of arizona.

in this spot, with chicago coming off the bye(week 7) seriously thinking about unloading on chicago when the 49ers come for a visit in week 8.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

If denver picks it up this year on offense their winning the superbowl. They have the talent to open it up offensively.

Their defense is just nasty. Every linebacker has DB speed and every DB has burner speed. Lynch will keep on punishing those QBs and RBs. Lynch TORE jamal lewis up and he's supposed to be the biggest most punsihing back in football.

bmac

I totally agree Z

imgv94

I agree guys Denver has one of the nastiest defenses I have seen in awhile and I don't think Chicago's is any better...

Chicago vs Denver what a game that would be...

primo_skillz

Lewis may be the most "punishing" back in the league, but in my eyes he is one of the worst.

bmac

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    Lewis may be the most "punishing" back in the league, but in my eyes he is one of the worst.
    agreed

primo_skillz

I would not find any excitement in a DEN vs. CHI game. Can't handle another 6-3 halftime. lol

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    Nice summary.

SD has impressed me the most so far. Well oiled machine and great to watch. Rivers way ahead of schedule. Marty may have learned his lesson after the loss in Baltimore and all the public criticism. To me it's SD, then nothing, then the rest.

Not expecting much from IND. Offense good enough for a nice regular season record, defense not good enough to go far in the playoffs. Have gone backwards from last season.
    agreed- Indy run defense worse in league. If you can't run nor stop the run, short playoff run...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Zikaris
    If denver picks it up this year on offense their winning the superbowl. They have the talent to open it up offensively.

Their defense is just nasty. Every linebacker has DB speed and every DB has burner speed. Lynch will keep on punishing those QBs and RBs. Lynch TORE jamal lewis up and he's supposed to be the biggest most punsihing back in football.
    Love the Denver d too, BUT...
    If Denver picks it up on offense, that must mean Cutler is playing...