Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougoudou
    I still think Giants are not good enough to win the NFC. If there is value in the NFC (personally can't see it) it is either Carolina or Seattle (yes, them). I don't consider Giants HFA strong enough (compared to Chicago or Seattle for example). If Seattle solve their problems (right now their record is catching up with their other numbers), they will have a chance. Bears have defense and HFA. Carolina has prooved they can do it in big games and they have talent in more positions. Maximum respect to Tiki but he is like 400 years old. I am not sure if this team will continue going. They better not face another (Philly was one) good pass attack again or we might think different about them again.

Well listen; it's only Week 8, there is lots more football left to be played. But Carolina or Seattle over the Giants at this point in the season? Clearly you haven't been watching the same games I have. As for Tiki, he may be getting old; but he's still the leading rusher in the NFL and one of the best RB's in the game, period. Dallas will win the NFC well before Carolina or Seattle this year my friend. We will see in a few short weeks who the best team in the NFC is; at approximately 8:15pm EST, November 12th.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Definitly the NFC has a ways to go to sort out. You have to put the Giants in the 3-4 teams that can go all the way, though. Seattle, if they can get healthy, will be there, the Bears, obviously and maybe the Saints.. Carolina COULD, they just have issues.

I think with Jake Delhomme having his head up his arse, Carolina's Oline injuries and DeShawn Foster being inconsistent is going to sink Carolina. I think Delhomme is the biggest culprit - he's pressing. I cant' see them making the playoffs with their schedule unless Jake gets his confidence back.

Right now, though, the Giants look like a team that's going to get 'hot' and run it the rest of the way. That's how it feels to me, anyway. Generally, the team blows up, refocuses and then go gets it done. They REALLY need a performance against the Bears. Although, to be honest, I'm more worried about how they'll do against Houston this weekend. Houston, aside from last week, has played some good football (for them). I don't think the Giants will look past them, but sheesh, when I saw the schedule, my gut said 'trap'. I'm probably wrong. I do think the Gmen are getting hot now, and they seem to be acting like a winning team.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I think the Giants are solid and really coming into their own right now. Anyone else think they might be the best team in the NFC?

I don't see how the Seahawks,Panthers,Bears,or Eagles are that much better.. Whats up?
    I like NYG -2.5 over CHI here (Nov 12th).
    MIA pulled the plug on the Bears and the music's stopped.
    It takes a while to get it back up and running in most situations like this . . .

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Giants will have their rough stretch. It has happened to Philly and Dallas. Tough to say who will win NYG or Chicago, but I do not really trust Coughlin to outcoach Lovie Smith. You are going to rely on the players to win it not the coach. I am not sold on either team. As much as Chicago is in the public media's eye, this is still the same team who could not beat Carolina at home last year in the playoffs. Grossman can light up the 49ers, but his defense bails him out in Arizona. Same for the Giants. They really haven't proven anything. The comeback in Philly I give them credit for, but I also give Philly the same credit for falling asleep. Manning has thrown as many INT's as Bledsoe and while he is improving, he still needs a lot of work. Toomer is out for the season and Shockey continues to underachieve while his ego/attitude inflates. I still think the only reaosn why this team plays in unison at the moment is because of Tiki. This game between the Bears/Giants will tell us a lot about these two teams.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

the Giants have no time for a 'rough' stretch - just like carolina.
    Did you see their schedule?
    BAD time to lose the talent that they did this week. I always thought Toomer was immensly under-rated and under-thrown to. Strahan being down,also, klls them, right now... Or it makes them brilliant. I don't see an 'in between' season with the Giants and their now semi-fractured leadership and not TOTALLY fractured leadership.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by chaz
    I think the Giants will have their rough stretch. It has happened to Philly and Dallas. Tough to say who will win NYG or Chicago, but I do not really trust Coughlin to outcoach Lovie Smith. You are going to rely on the players to win it not the coach. I am not sold on either team. As much as Chicago is in the public media's eye, this is still the same team who could not beat Carolina at home last year in the playoffs. Grossman can light up the 49ers, but his defense bails him out in Arizona. Same for the Giants. They really haven't proven anything. The comeback in Philly I give them credit for, but I also give Philly the same credit for falling asleep. Manning has thrown as many INT's as Bledsoe and while he is improving, he still needs a lot of work. Toomer is out for the season and Shockey continues to underachieve while his ego/attitude inflates. I still think the only reaosn why this team plays in unison at the moment is because of Tiki. This game between the Bears/Giants will tell us a lot about these two teams.
    Good stuff, chaz. I nixed my play. This game's too delicate.
    It'll be fun to watch though and you're right; should provide
    good barometer on both clubs . . .

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Technically speaking, the Giants already had their "rough stretch" of games. Playing with the most difficult schedule in the NFL they somehow managed a 6-2 record during the first half of the season. I give them credit for that.

Not that the second half of the year will be a cake walk, certainly not; but they have put themselves in a very good position. The Giants also have one of, if not the best depth at the key positions, particularly on defense. The loss of Strahan and Umenyiora for a few weeks will no doubt affect this team emotionally, but that have the personnel to fill in for them and make an impact.

When healthy, the Giants are a better team than the Bears. But that isn’t the case today. They are healthy on offense, and that may be all they need to come away with a win. The loss of vast underrated Toomer no doubt is a shame; but he is replaceable, Burress is not. They can score on anyone and can handle a shoot out or two. Manning will need to rise to the occasion here, as he will need one of his better performances.

In the end, as is usually the case, the team with the fewer turnovers will most likely win this game. Should be a good one!

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I picked Philly to win the East so I hope Giants lose, but it is a sharp bet on the home team only layin 1 point. You coudl also make the argument that Tiki is one of the best backs in the game right now @ home still laying 1 point. Will be tough to run on that Bears defense, but then you have to factor in QB's and I don't like +1 with Grossman when he very well could be turnover prone.

Coaching Edge : Chicago
    Defensive Edge : Chicago
    Offensive Edge : NYG
    Special Teams : Even

I just don't know if this game will come down to coaching. Congrats to those who feel an edge on this game, because I cannot grasp one.

First 12