frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Broncos at home +1.5 against Houston Texans, WTF?

Easy play here fellas. Expecting Manning to respond after embarrassing himself in ATL. Vegas is begging for the public to take the Texans who's only beaten two to chump teams so far in the Dolphins and Jags.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

yeah big over reaction to Peyton's showing

short week too though

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Line is about right imo. Manning has to prove that he is back to his old self. Last night's game may be an indication that Manning has lost some velocity when he tosses the rock. Like the Texans laying less than a field goal.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Hou or nothing IMHO

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

looks solid. hopefully public moves the line to at least 2.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

houston didn't really try very hard on sunday and still won.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

You do realize that Hou was half throttle for 4 qtrs past 2 games?

RB - Hou
    WR - Hou
    QB - Den
    TE - Hou
    OL - Tie
    DL - Hou
    LB - Hou
    CB - Hou
    S- Tie

Be Smart Tease Hou & O

betcha_bottom$
    betcha_bottom$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

People underestimate the effect the altitude has on players. Peyton in the no huddle being accustomed to thin air = dangerous.

Teams get gassed QUICK. As dominant as the Texans are, this is far from easy money. Peyton will be poised. Although one thing of concern with Manning is that some of his passes just looked half assed, like he wasn't getting enough arm strength/air under it. That might be because he's not used to playing anywhere outside of Denver yet.

i'm not comfortable betting on either team IMHO.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Texans are the best team in football. Wake up.

This is the best bet on the board.

Also, Peyton is 0-5 on passes of 20 yards or more. Oh wait, he completed 3 of them to defensive backs...

TopTeasers
    TopTeasers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Put Houston in a teaser...they will keep it close if not outright win.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

I'm still wondering whether Manning's arm is truly back to form. He didn't have the zip or command of the ball for the longer passes to the middle of the field. The ball was either wobbly or it floated when he threw the deeper middle passes. His arm was fine for the short-medium passes.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Peyton knows to beat the Texans because of his experience with the Colts.

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

LOX

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    problem with that statement is A hou figured him out by the end, B hou much better on d, C peyton and his colts team have been playing together for years, i mean lets just assume manning health is fine it still gonna take time for this team to all adjust to his gm and everyone to be on same page, last week everyone overreacted because they looked great against pit but we all know pit has issues in the altitude..now they facing the best d in the league and sure hou has played scrubs so far but what does that matter? they were right in the playoff gm at balt with a 3rd string qb, this team for real and i just dont see how you bet den here, dont necessarily love hou side either but it either them or pass to me..

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    now they facing the best d in the league and sure hou has played scrubs so far but what does that matter? they were right in the playoff gm at balt with a 3rd string qb, this team for real and i just dont see how you bet den here, dont necessarily love hou side either but it either them or pass to me..
    Regardless what the Stats say, Pittsburgh is right up their with Houston. Peyton Manning is too good of a QB not to correct his mistakes in the last game. I guarantee you this next game, the Broncos will set up the run first with Mcgahee, which they should had done at ATL. Manning will pick them apart when it happens. Plus the Broncos D ain't no slouch either. The Falcons really didn't do much on Offense, except getting aided by 4 turnovers, and were beneficiary of several bad Pass interference calls on third downs that lead to 14 points in that game.

Schaub is coming back from an injury, and he hasn't seen a pass rush like Denver yet. The Denver D will hold their own in this game. I see the Houston D getting gas late, and Mcgahee will drop the hammer on them in 4th quarter. Broncos will win by 10 in this game.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Regardless what the Stats say, Pittsburgh is right up their with Houston. Peyton Manning is too good of a QB not to correct his mistakes in the last game. I guarantee you this next game, the Broncos will set up the run first with Mcgahee, which they should had done at ATL. Manning will pick them apart when it happens. Plus the Broncos D ain't no slouch either. The Falcons really didn't do much on Offense, except getting aided by 4 turnovers, and were beneficiary of several bad Pass interference calls on third downs that lead to 14 points in that game.

Schaub is coming back from an injury, and he hasn't seen a pass rush like Denver yet. The Denver D will hold their own in this game. I see the Houston D getting gas late, and Mcgahee will drop the hammer on them in 4th quarter. Broncos will win by 10 in this game.
    you prob know better than anyone pit flat out has issues in the altitude, hell they even got a guy who cant play, not good comparison imo (i bet den week 1 solely based off fact they beat pit with teblow in playoffs and i know even a not sharp peyton way better than that clown)...sure manning wont make same mistakes but he also playing a more talented defense, i was surprised how pass happy they were early on as the run was there for them (not so sure it will be this week), i agree i think they will def try and run more, and it certainly cant hurt even if they dont have great success, also agree den d is solid as well, but personally id still take hou d and offense (as of now anyway, i think long as peyton stays healthy your squad will improve greatly more time in games together) for my taste it still to early to bet this group against a team that very well could be the best in the afc... you may be right, ive certainly been wrong before and when it happens unfortunately it wont be the last time.. just me but i wouldnt put a cent on den in this gm and im a pretty big fan of short home dogs...

far as the "bad penalties" im so sick of hearing this, 2 of 3 den scoring drives were aided by incompetent officials, hell i think they gave den more than 15 yrds before half just spotting ball wrong....the officials are trash no doubt but atl was the better team in that gm...another thing id at to that is if the dumbshit refs dont slow that gm to a screeching halt in 1st half den d wouldnt have been getting stops in the 4th cause if you wanna talk bout a d being gassed atl would have had them worn down w/o 10 minute breaks..

not even sure i touch this gm (although kinda lean under) but i just dont see how it not hou or pass...either way BOL frost, always enjoy your post..

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Houston is winning 14 games this year.

Peyton can't zip it downfield.

Why's this line shocking again?!

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Um with current team he got dominated last matchup

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

who is PWAD on?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm sticking w/college since I seem to lose every NFL play by 2 pts this year. I still love Under 46 here. PM will make adjustments and take the short throws plus they're a good running team. His guys can also hear the audibles at home unlike on the road in a dome. Houston runs all day long too and don't expect Andre Johnson/Co. to beat Champ/Porter deep. Denver only lost by 6 in Atlanta with all those picks & terrible calls from the scrub refs. Great game to watch 20-17 or something similar imo.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

With 2 good defenses and running games and offenses that want to keep the ball away from the other team's offenses and, Denver tweaking its offense to include more running and less down-field passes, to get Manning back on track, I like under 53 in a teaser.

Bullsonparade09
    Bullsonparade09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

The broncos did not look like they were ready to play on peytons level yet in the game vs ATL. The offense looked like they were stuck in neutral when peyton was trying to run in 5th gear.They are still trying to make an adjustment from the qb they had last year that didnt really know how to play the position. The broncos are going to be a good team later in the year but the texans will pull out a close win on sunday

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think Peyton was a fraud against Pittsburgh. True colors showed against Atlanta. Houston solid everywhere... Nice young solid team. HOU all the way.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Its not just peytons poor showing (for 2 quarters btw). The Texans have looked really good

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post
    Houston is winning 14 games this year.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

If the game were in Hou it would be 8 and still a bargain. Peyton Manning is the only reason it isnt more than 3 at denver. But problem is he isnt a shadow of what he was, he is better than i thought he would be because i didnt think he would actually play again. But he is one hit away from being retired.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Line is where it's supposed to be...

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line is right to me.

Mr Handicapable

Houston has played Jax and Miami.....calm down people. They're a good team but not exactly explosive. Denvers front 7 looks pretty stout and Champ can cover Andre Johnson 1-on-1.....bottom line Peyton may struggle against this defense at times but Houston isn't going to steamroll them either. Matty Ryan was 26-4 at home....got 4-0 turnovers and still barely won. Denver is pretty good. Mannings arm has to be a concern but it looked like a vintage TD to Thomas in the 2H from 20+ yards out til they hit him and knocked it loose.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Houston is loaded...without injuries last year they may have gone to the SB...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Also, Peyton is 0-5 on passes of 20 yards or more. Oh wait, he completed 3 of them to defensive backs...

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Houston is loaded...without injuries last year they may have gone to the SB...
    Its not really injuries.....just injury...as in Schaub....happens every year like clockwork

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Its not really injuries.....just injury...as in Schaub....happens every year like clockwork
    Mario Williams

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Mario Williams
    Andre Johnson

12 Last