Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

If I had to pick a side I would go with Carolina but I like the over better.

oldschool02
    oldschool02's Avatar Become A Pro!

Short week, first roady, banged up offense, no preperation time for the run option..

You don't play the Giants as heavy home favorite or whatever. You take the Giants in such a bad lookin spot, cuz this is when they r at their best.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Love Carolina here. Home team that is underrated in my opinion. Cam Newton going to be hard to stop. Giants banged up offense against an above average defense. Carolina can score plenty too especially with passing. The Giants don't have a good secondary and will be exploited all night. Especially since the panthers have steve smith. Short week and Giants wont have time to prepare against Newtons option offense. I'm leaning Carolina heavily.

eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp
    eatdarich's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I live in Charlotte, but I'm a die-hard GIANTS fan. Let me tell you the atmosphere around here in Charlotte today.

Panthers are not treating this game like a must-win or anything special. I've seen when they are pumped for games and this is not the feeling around town.

Giants on the other hand know that they MUST win this game, because they get 10 days rest before their SUNDAY NIGHT game against the EAGLES.

Giants in must win situations are deadly. The pass rush of the Giants are going to be too much. Tuck and Osi are pissed that they do not have a sack yet this season. They will get pressure on Cam.

Brown and Wilson will pick up the slack for Bradshaw and Cruz will explode in the slot position with a panthers defense that may be without LB Davis and a weak secondary.

I'm going to pound the Giants ML when Bovada releases it. And may throw some on the under.

oldschool02
    oldschool02's Avatar Become A Pro!

rueben randle to score a td should be worth a look at +333. has the breakout caliber that cruz had last year in my opinion, should see plenty of targets tonight, too.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the Giants starting two WR's are out, RB out, offensive lineman out?

Line also moved 3.5 pts. Guess that's not slowing you guys down
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave SBR Lou 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Demonata

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

As a Giants fan who watches every game and is familiar with the players who are going to be playing tonight here is some info some of you may not know:

First off, the Giants Defense is pretty solid. They had two horrible weeks in the secondary, because like every single year, they had pre-season injuries to their secondary which allowed teams to pick them apart. Against Dallas they were on their 5th string CB. Last week the replacement CB's played a little better, however, this week they will have some key CB's back with the biggest being Prince Amukenura (sorry for the misspelling) their first round pick last year. I don't know if this means they will play better, but this week their CB situation at least has some depth with Prince back.

The Giants have two Key injuries at WR of course Nicks is huge and then Hixon. Hixon was hurt pretty much all of last year and the Giants did fine. Of course they had manningham who they don't have now. The WR will be Cruz, Barden, Randal, and some guy I'm not even familiar with. Barden was a later round pick a few years back and they loved him during the pre-season but he hasn't played much, Randal was their second round pick this year, tall receiver, athletic, big hands, will be a starter and a good one going forward but he is still raw.

Not sure how that equates to this game, but as long as Eli is healthy the Giants have a shot and should be in this game. If the front 4 decide to actually play this game and the players coming back in the secondary can get their shit together, this shouldn't be a high scoring game. I would probably go under but just my opinion. The Giants never really had a running game this year so Bradshaw being out shouldn't make a huge difference Brown and Wilson should do just fine.

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

anyone know the status of Jonathan Stewart?
    still listed as Questionable.

Demonata

Can't wait to watch the Panthers destroy this over rated Giants team who could not beat the horrible cowboys at home and had to make an unbelievable come back against the bucs to beat them. Panthers better than the Bucs and Cowboys in my opinion. Well balanced team all around. Even got good defense.

eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Can't wait to watch the Panthers destroy this over rated Giants team who could not beat the horrible cowboys at home and had to make an unbelievable come back against the bucs to beat them. Panthers better than the Bucs and Cowboys in my opinion. Well balanced team all around. Even got good defense.
    Panthers better than Bucs, but lost to Bucs in week 1?????????

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by eatdarich View Post
    Panthers better than Bucs, but lost to Bucs in week 1?????????
    Opening games on the road to start the season are really hard to win. Never know what could happen. The Cowboys beat the Giants in New York yet they still played horrible against Seattle.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I got a bad line...

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I got a bad line...
    Leafy, will dis do after da game, bruh?

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

I got a bad line...
    You got a REALLY bad line

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post

because clowns put heavty money on CAR. SHITTY line, like myself....giants will still win. meh.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post

Killin' me here Sweeper. Vegas needs the Giants, so they'll find a way to win!

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Leafy, will dis do after da game, bruh?

I guess I could literally bury myself instead of just figuratively...

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I guess I could literally bury myself instead of just figuratively...
    You might get lucky, BigDeemer is on the Panthers.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I got a bad line...
    Don't worry. You'll cash...I hope

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Be careful im booking lots of giants action.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    So the Giants starting two WR's are out, RB out, offensive lineman out?

Line also moved 3.5 pts. Guess that's not slowing you guys down
    Since when is Victor Cruz out?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I'm on Carolina and here's why:

1) Home team playing on short rest has big avantage over the traveling team.

2) Even more so in this case as the G men come off a huge emotional comeback.

3) Cam Newton loves the spotlight and The Panthers havent had too many prime time games at home under the lights.

4) Panthers are building confidence after beating the saints and a young hungry team like that is very dangerous playing their next game at home.

5) Giants defense has been wrecked both games and I look for that to continue.

6) look for Carolina to run more this week with D Will which will open up the play action passing attack for Cam.

7) By using the run game more it will slow down the giants pass rushers while keeping Eli off the field.

8) Giants banged up on short rest.

9) no prep time for option

10) line moved 3.5 pts against the panthers when majority of plays on giants

Good luck boys
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 09-20-12 at 11:33 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Demonata

SBR Lou

Since when is Victor Cruz out?
    I said starting two, not "top two".

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

I think this game will come down to 4th quarter and I 'll take Eli over Newton..Giants win

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

I said starting two, not "top two".
    If you say so! I'm pretty sure Cruz is "starting" if you look at depth chart. Had me worried me for a minute!

StephenSmitty
    StephenSmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took a small parlay, Giants +1, Under 50.5, BYU -7, Over 49.5

I like Giants regardless of comeback win or on the road. Their front 4 is one of the best in the league, Jon Stewart/DeAngelo won't be able to get rolling. The pass rush could get to Cam early and Carolina might be forced to go one dimensional. Just my .02

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Nicks injury is huge. He is their ONLY DEEP threat. Cruz is a chains guy, 8-15 yard catches, they can blanket him with two now.

SBR Lou

If you say so! I'm pretty sure Cruz is "starting" if you look at depth chart. Had me worried me for a minute!
    Nicks and Hixon are out.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by StephenSmitty View Post
    I took a small parlay, Giants +1, Under 50.5, BYU -7, Over 49.5

I like Giants regardless of comeback win or on the road. Their front 4 is one of the best in the league, Jon Stewart/DeAngelo won't be able to get rolling. The pass rush could get to Cam early and Carolina might be forced to go one dimensional. Just my .02
    Isn't Johnny Stew out?

StephenSmitty
    StephenSmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Isn't Johnny Stew out?
    Even better, I guess!

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter

Nicks and Hixon are out.
    Nicks will hurt a lot... Hixon not so much. Watch out for Rueben Randle and Martellus Bennett tonight!

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

Quote Originally Posted by eatdarich View Post
    I live in Charlotte, but I'm a die-hard GIANTS fan. Let me tell you the atmosphere around here in Charlotte today.

Panthers are not treating this game like a must-win or anything special. I've seen when they are pumped for games and this is not the feeling around town.

Giants on the other hand know that they MUST win this game, because they get 10 days rest before their SUNDAY NIGHT game against the EAGLES.

Giants in must win situations are deadly. The pass rush of the Giants are going to be too much. Tuck and Osi are pissed that they do not have a sack yet this season. They will get pressure on Cam.

Brown and Wilson will pick up the slack for Bradshaw and Cruz will explode in the slot position with a panthers defense that may be without LB Davis and a weak secondary.

I'm going to pound the Giants ML when Bovada releases it. And may throw some on the under.
    thing is its not a must win situation....

eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp

Nicks will hurt a lot... Hixon not so much. Watch out for Rueben Randle and Martellus Bennett tonight!
    Bennett AKA the Black Unicorn is going to cause some HAVOC tonight

eatdarich
    Yo Momma's Pimp

Quote Originally Posted by Stompin_Tom View Post
    It is because next game is Eagles, Giants have to be 2-1 heading into that game for confidence stand point plus record standpoint. They already lost one to Dallas division rival, can't lose another. This is why its must win. They need to get that confidence swag back

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Stompin_Tom View Post
    Lots of Saints players saying it is. They keep talking about how thard to comeback behind 1-2. Want this win bad to be 2-1. They said they circled this on there calender and want to be 2-1 bad.

First 123 Last