Dano85
    Dano85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

thoughts on Miami this week?

title....

the texans were 7.5 as home favorites...what would they have been on the road in Miami 4-5? so they are only 1 point better then Oakland? Is it worth taking a bit of a gamble on miami at -3?

historically miami is 7-3ats at home against oakland last 10 and 8-2 SU

Raffaele
    Raffaele's Avatar Become A Pro!

All over the Fins. I capped them as 4 point favourites myself and will be placing 2x on them at +3

cumatmebrah
    cumatmebrah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

Oakland wins by 7 you scum bag

cumatmebrah
    cumatmebrah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
    All over the Fins. I capped them as 4 point favourites myself and will be placing 2x on them at +3
    Why

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Let's really think...who can the Miami really beat?... Not the Colts...Bills...I know the Browns at home, but that's that. I don't see Miami winning more than like 2 games...

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I'm a die hard Miami fan and let me tell you all, Miami beats Oakland this weekend. Our run defense is always stout, our pass rush is capable. And Palmer isn't exactly the second coming of christ. If Sean Smith catches the ball, he has like 8 INTs last year.

Reggie Bush can run behind Jake Long all day. And don't sleep on Tannehill to Davone Bess.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3265

How good a QB is Tannehill? Think it's wise to stay away from playing Miami until we can get a better read on him. Learned the hard way as I took Miami +12 last week. They scored 3 offensive points.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    How good a QB is Tannehill? Think it's wise to stay away from playing Miami until we can get a better read on him. Learned the hard way as I took Miami +12 last week. They scored 3 offensive points.
    Actually Tannehill is a pleasant suprise. It's not his fault JJ Watts has long arms and balled the eff out last week. Oh, and his recievers are the worst in the league.
    But we have some decent pass catchers in our backfield, Fasano, and Bess. I'm not saying Tannehill will blow them out, but as a fan...it's a game I can bet on.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oakland is going from a clusterfvck of a home opener on Monday night to an early game across country. Condo has not been cleared to play this week, although presumably they've worked on the long-snapping since Monday. I was REALLY hoping that Oakland would put up an impressive win on Monday, following Miami's disaster so I could get +3.5 or better on the Dolphins, but with that not materializing, it's a tougher game to bet.

Tannehill is good though. Houston is a tough team to have your debut against, but he has the capacity to win at this level. It's just a question of how long it will take him to make it happen, and I can't really see myself backing the Dolphins until they show something that says the team can win.

Raffaele
    Raffaele's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cumatmebrah View Post

Why
    My handicapping strategy is:

Input the mathematical factors into my game projecting formula, arriving at a line. Once I do this, I tweak my lines based upon the situational factors and public perception. My line has the Dolphins winning by 3 with the total at 43. Now, consider the Raiders are on a short week and have to go across the country to play a very under rated Dolphins team. Sure they lost 30-10 IN HOUSTON, against a top 3-5 team! It was Tannehill's debut!!! And aside from a disastrous final two minutes of the first half, the Dolphins conceded just 6 points. I think we can agree that the Raider defence is not what the Texans is. We can also agree the Raider offence is no where near as balanced and lethal as the Texans. Better yet, this ball game is in Miami. This is my play of the week:

Dolphins: 23
    Raiders: 20
    Last edited by Raffaele; 09-14-12 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Typo

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
    My handicapping strategy is:

Input the mathematical factors into my game projecting formula, arriving at a line. Once I do this, I tweak my lines based upon the situational factors and public perception. My line has the Dolphins winning by 3 with the total at 43. Now, consider the Raiders are on a short week and have to go across the country to play a very under rated Dolphins team. Sure they lost 30-10 IN HOUSTON, against a top 3-5 team! It was Tannehill's debut!!! And aside from a disastrous final two minutes of the first half, the Dolphins conceded just 6 points. I think we can agree that the Raider defence is not what the Texans is. We can also agree the Raider offence is no where near as balanced and lethal as the Texans. Better yet, this ball game is in Miami. This is my play of the week:

Dolphins: 23
    Raiders: 20
    That Raider defense had Rivers settling for FGs instead of TDs for most of the night, despite inheriting terrible field position from their long snapper's poor performance. So it may not be what the Texans' D is, but it's not soft.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I would ignore the Dolphins and Browns during the whole season. The worst rookie QBs this season. Tend to be unpredictable to cap.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I would ignore the Dolphins and Browns during the whole season. The worst rookie QBs this season. Tend to be unpredictable to cap.
    Yuuup, Dolphins and Browns the two worst teams. I think the Browns will be the worst if McCoy doesn't take Weeden's spot.

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

How about this FADE TANNEHILL

pdubb86
    so short.. (life)
    pdubb86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I really.. really like Miami this week, fade Oakland.

Dano85
    Dano85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Now if we are being perfectly honest, the last time the Dolphins have had a quarterback that you can trust and shouldn't fade was in 1999 and this name was Dean Marano or something like that...

and they have still beat Oakland 6-8 times, just saying....including 4-1 at home....

I am not saying I am on this play, just want some opinions as I am relatively new to this more in depth approach to football gambling...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Raiders by 10-17 .

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13267

Doesn't this set up as a possible under.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Doesn't this set up as a possible under.
    Yes, both offenses suck and the defenses will keep this game to field goals. dolphins by 4.under

ssmann
    ssmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2465

i think this is a close game, winner by 3. oakland bad on east coast early games, DBs banged up. still get called for undisciplined penalties

Bulls55
    Bulls55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Dano85 View Post
    Now if we are being perfectly honest, the last time the Dolphins have had a quarterback that you can trust and shouldn't fade was in 1999 and this name was Dean Marano or something like that...

and they have still beat Oakland 6-8 times, just saying....including 4-1 at home....

I am not saying I am on this play, just want some opinions as I am relatively new to this more in depth approach to football gambling...
    Dan Marino...................

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Raiders. This is too easy. Miami is a joke this year.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Miami is the play. I don't have the balls for it though.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

double post....

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Miami is the play. I don't have the balls for it though.
    I agree.

Oakland was piss poor on Wednesday. Now they're on the road in a short week. Spells disaster.

I'm expecting basically a repeat of Wednesday.....score-wise at least for Oakland.

ericool007
    ericool007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3953

you guys all forget about my boy Dmcfizzle. hes going to go crazy...with all that said raiders by 3

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    I agree.

Oakland was piss poor on Wednesday. Now they're on the road in a short week. Spells disaster.

I'm expecting basically a repeat of Wednesday.....score-wise at least for Oakland.
    lol wut? Wednesday???

El_Paladín
    El_Paladín's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

only one logical conclusion from watching the dolphins so far this year ... they are quite awful, all power to the people who like to bet awful teams and pray they aren't as bad as the other poor team

tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

HAHAHAHAH did that guy just call Dan Marino Dean Marano????? HAHAHAHAH LOSER

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

A lot of bad things for Oakland last week came from their backup long snapper, he wont be playing this week. I like Raiders -2 in this game, Dolphins have yet to show me anything that I like.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

I could never bet on Dolphins, Oakland's snapper fukked them last game. I see them probably winning this week, Miami is pretty bad.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Raiders it is, Dolphins blow

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Miami does blow....butOaklands going to get punched in the mouth. Oaklands coaching staff has already pointed out that miamis dline has been top 5 the last 4 years....different coaching staffs. Randy starks and paul soliai are too much for oakland....you all just listen to the media too much

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

@jayla,You know test have shown the crack is bad for your brain. Good-luck! You'll need it.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Right. Theres no tape on this dolphins team, and oakland scares nobody....so its all conjecture.

12 Last