Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Week 2 NFL Handicapper Report

Head Coach Betting Trend of the Week

You're going to have a hard time finding anyone willing to back the Cleveland Browns in this spot—even after the poor performance that the Cincinnati Bengals put together against the Baltimore Ravens.
    Quarterback Brandon Weeden had one of the worst NFL debuts at the position in history, while running back Trent Richardson missed gaining valuable experience in the preseason due to an injury.
    Pat Shurmur is definitely heading up a rebuilding process, but it's important to note that he compiled a perfect 3-0 against-the-spread record (ATS) against AFC North opponents on the road in his first year on the job.
    Hold on tight, it figures to be a wild ride on Sunday

Situational Betting Trend of the Week

The San Diego Chargers failed to impress in last week's 22-14 win over the Oakland Raiders as one-point road underdogs, but they have a great chance to make a statement to the rest of the league in their home opener.
    Sports bettors will find that the Chargers have gone 19-3 ATS versus AFC South opponents, which includes covering 10 of their 11 opportunities at home.
    The Tennessee Titans have definitely contributed to that dominating statistic, as they've gone 0-7 ATS in the last seven meetings in this series.

Back-to-Back Road Games for NFC East Teams

The Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins are the only two NFL teams that will play back-to-back road games to start the year, which could cause some problems for the second overall selection in the 2012 NFL draft.
    Robert Griffin III led the Redskins to an impressive 40-32 victory over the New Orleans Saints as eight-point road underdogs last week, completing 19 of his 26 passes for 320 yards and two touchdowns.
    I'm definitely aware that the St. Louis Rams are not the Saints, but first-year head coach Jeff Fisher makes them a dangerous team due to the 8-3 ATS run he enjoyed during his time with the Tennessee Titans.
    For the Cowboys, it will be interesting to see if they suffer a letdown after earning a 24-17 season-opening victory over the New York Giants. I believe they will build off that performance and improve to 6-1 ATS in their last seven meetings with the Seattle Seahawks.

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I appreciate your work, Jeff. Many thanks.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Quote Originally Posted by sergiudec View Post
    I appreciate your work, Jeff. Many thanks.
    Glad to help out - Good luck this weekend