frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Squares plays usually win the first six weeks of Football

Don't over analyze folks, and just go with the most obvious plays that makes sense early in this season. I have been fading the public the last 3 years, fading the unders, favorites, all plays the general average Joe in SBR likes, and lost miserably. Not understanding why Vegas was giving away free money yearly to the most squares of bettors. It's because the lines are very soft the first six weeks, before they catch on by November, where everything is sharp and a toss up.

Hit hard early while it's easy and cash out, you won't be disappointed

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Don't over analyze folks, and just go with the most obvious plays that makes sense early in this season. I have been fading the public the last 3 years, fading the unders, favorites, all plays the general average Joe in SBR likes, and lost miserably. Not understanding why Vegas was giving away free money yearly to the most squares of bettors. It's because the lines are very soft the first six weeks, before they catch on by November, where everything is sharp and a toss up.

Hit hard early while it's easy and cash out, you won't be disappointed

Calling winning plays "square" plays is kind of ironic, to say the least. I think books would like to set lines so that bets are made evenly on both sides; they don't want to take risk. I think the entire idea of "fading" the public is a false premise anyway.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Public was 6-8 in Week 1 of NFL

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

Wayne Root covers some of this in his book. It's thought that the books make it easier for favorites (and the public) to win in September so their confidence gets juiced up for the season. Then it's all lost back.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Books are winning so far this year

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

books losing seasons all time in nfl 0

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Wayne Root
    isn't this guy a tout?

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

he is right...I have been betting football a long time....the obvious public plays win so much the first month of the season usually.....every year I bet all the favs first couple week then start playing the RLM plays and dogs....and I have done well the past couple season......this year however I have been getting killed!