crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    eli was worse than palmer in his first 4 years. but in the last 4 years he has been much better. compare their numbers over the last 4 years.

Palmer has never thrown anywhere close to 5,000 yards.

yes when eli first entered league he was awful and palmer was better. However, over the last 4 years eli has been much better.

Oh, and how many super bowls has Palmer won?

Eli has 2 super bowl rings in the last 5 years.
    again, you cant omit years you dont like and highlight one season where he passed the most. it would be as ridiculous as me saying only the first 4 years matter.

eli won those sbs thanks to their amazing defense. if they hadnt kept the pats explosive offense to just 14 & 17 respectively, no way they win.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I already conceded that palmer was better 5-8 years ago. Eli has been better in the last 4 years.

i think the defense was more important in 2007. last year eli averaged over 300yrds/game in the postseason. he threw 9 TD's and only 1 INT. eli is in his prime and getting better each year. Palmer is past his prime and getting worse every year.

but yes you are right that 5-8 years ago palmer was better. i think that last 4 years eli has been better. and yes giants have had good defenses... but i still think eli's postseason play and 2 rings still account for something. Even with a good defense, winning a super bowl is tough! Eli still made game winning TD drives in the 4th quarter of each of the two super bowl wins. that's gotta account for something as well. "good in the clutch" or whatever they call it.

im not a huge eli fan obviously. i just dont think palmer is "at the top of the league in every category" the way you boast. He throws way too many interceptions. I think his career ratio is 1.4 TD for every 1 INT. That is bad.

I think the top QB's are:

Brady
    P. Manning
    Rodgers
    Brees

I don't think palmer is even close. i dont think he's even in the same universe. when you say palmer is "at the top of the league in every category" i get the interpretation that you are putting him with the big boys. i would have to disagree with that. that's just my opinion though. you are free to disagree.

i'm more of a hockey fan anyway!

Last edited by hockey216; 09-11-12 at 01:13 AM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

i disagree that palmer was better only "5-8 years ago"..... only 3 seasons ago he led the bengals to the division title, going 4-0 vs the ravens and the steelers. next season passed for nearly 4000 yds

if you recall no one believed eli was an elite qb and laughed at him when he said he was one prior to last season. his stats were pretty much identical to palmers prior to last season's breakout season.

eli could easily be 0-2 in super bowls if not for couple of lucky plays.... the david tyree helmet catch and wes welkers dropped pass. no question eli was clutch but he would never have had that chance if the defense hadnt kept the high powered pats offense to mere 14 & 17 pts.

never claimed palmer was an elite qb but hes def top 10. he is not washed up or damaged goods as morons like goatboy claims. he looked good last season and have the stats to back it up. fully expect him to have another 4000yds+, 25 td+ season.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    McFadden with 14 of those completions.
    why do you say that like its a bad thing? raiders are now running the west coast offense..... so rbs will catch more passes. just like when roger craig caught 92 passes with the niners.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

you write 3 pages defending the raiders and palmer then you expect me to believe you were on SD tonight?

Good night crusty. Stay classy.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

i defended the raiders?

you mean like when i said their wrs suck and have butterfingers?

or that their defense has more holes than swiss cheese?

or maybe when i said al davis was senile and destroyed this team with his lousy draft picks?

looks like reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.... kinda like your capping.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Palmer is fukkin terrible. i lost my fantasy matchup by 0.34 points because he kept losing McFadden yards at the end throwing it to him behind the line of scrimmage while he was surrounded for losses.

just throw it at someones feet instead of losing 11 yards on the play.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

as a Oakland fan i feel Leinart should be the starter...old man palmer is a deadman if his O-line misses a block and he has to run for his life. At least Leinart is somewhat more mobile and as accurate

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    In the NFL 2013 draft, with their 1st pick selection the Oakland Raiders select Matt Barkley USC.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

You can't win with this guy

Why would you want him on your team?

Tebow is better

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy is loser period

Washed up, scared, just playing for money

I will never go with this guy

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

You cannot simplyfying the handicapping process down to QB performance. Their are alot of variables that interplay to determine a QB's performance, and even more variables that determine a game's outcome. Obviously Rivers is the better QB between these two, any rigorous statistical analysis would lead to this conclusion.

First 123