Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Come on in here if you want to discuss the Dolphins/Jets game...

After going over the NFL card the first part of the week, without looking at any concensus info, I decided today that the Dolphins moneyline +118 looks like the best game available.

I was a little suprised to see a complete Jets gangbang, on this and every other site that I routinely check to gather diversified concensus information.

I'd be curious to see what everyone else thinks about this game. Is everyone here on the Jets? I'm withholding my specific matchup opinions until I hear what some other folks have to say. I'm doing very well in the NFL so far this year and would certainly like to maintain the momentum, so I'm taking a lot more time to dissect each game this week. I realize that can sometimes be a bad thing.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by Hoja Verdes; 10-13-06 at 07:55 PM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

This looks like an easy Jet win, which is why I think this is one of those trap games. Miami is just so bad, they're poor punter is gonna be in a wheel chair by the end of the season. I enjoyed your thoughts on the game and good luck with the fins on the ML.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Dolphins played well vs NE last week, Harrington lost the game for Miami

Miami Dolphins: Cornerback Travis Daniels (knee) and wide receiver Marty Booker (chest) didn't practice Friday and haven't practiced all week. Booker is doubtful and will probably miss a couple of weeks. Daniels is questionable with a knee injury.
    New York Jets: The Jets didn't make a change to an injury report that had 22 names, including seven who are questionable. The seven questionable players haven't practiced all week. The list includes running back B.J. Askew (foot), cornerback David Barrett (hip), wide receiver Laveranues Coles (calf), wide receiver Tim Dwight (thigh), running back Cedric Houston (knee), guard Pete Kendall (thigh) and center Trey Teague (ankle).

Hoja Verdes

Agreed, and I certainly hope i'm on the safe side if this is a trap. As much as I like the ml, I'm also looking at +3.5 as a better option, which is -153 at pinny right now. I'd love to be looking at +3.5 -125 on Sunday morning.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Laying that -153 is just going to far to the left. Another trap door maybe. At least with the ML you get + money and will come out ahead in the long run imo.

BigDog
    BigDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a Dolphins fan but wouldn't touch them here....The Jets seem to always beat the Dolphins even when Miami is the better team and to be honest,I dont believe the Dolphins are the better team right now....Should be a fun game to watch though.....GL with your pick!!

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I prefer Miami here as well if I am going to wager this game Hoja. No way I would lay 153 to get to 3- though. I must admit I am about as sharp as a bowling ball when it comes to capping the NFL but I occassionally get one right. If I can get Miami +3 (-110) or cheaper than I am all over this one, if not than I will sit it out. Expect it to be a low scoring tight affair. Good luck.
    Last edited by Patrick McIrish; 10-13-06 at 10:44 PM.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on Miami. If you can get them at +3, I would jump all over this.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

all I know is that Joey Harrington isn't very good...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Low scoring game=take point then

Hoja Verdes

gracias amigos.

As is usually the case, my enthusiasm will probably wane as we approach Sunday morning. But I should be realistic here and hope that Miami +3 is available for close to -110 by 3pm Sunday. Good luck today everyone.
    Last edited by Hoja Verdes; 10-14-06 at 09:28 AM.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

What I can't believe is how the fins keep getting betting support. I think its the "due to win factor" . I think your getting a price on the jets cuz they got their azz handed to them last week also. Before that they had 4 solid efforts. The fins have played 3 bad games and 2 that were so so, if this is a trap i'm in...............the fins on the road vs a divisional opponet less than a fg??????Fact that the jets played so poorly last week was because they were looking forward to this one and had no chance vs jags.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

This is the one game on the board that I have no interest in whatsoever. Usually take the points or the comeback with two garbage teams, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this end in a 0-0 tie.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    This is the one game on the board that I have no interest in whatsoever. Usually take the points or the comeback with two garbage teams, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this end in a 0-0 tie.

sounds about right to me. i'm passing here.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Jets defensively are just not a good team. Mangini is running that 3-4 scheme he has used in the past, but it doesn't fit this team at all. It kills Vilma's effectiveness, and the results are becoming clearer by the week. They allowed 475 yards to Bills, almost 400 to the Titans - and both those offenses are pathetic. Meanwhile, I believe the Dolphins made strides last week, and I can see Ronnie Brown having a huge day.
    Hoping to get 3 here as well. Anyway, best of luck.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Jets -2. Love home teams after being shut out. But a lot of starters questionable for Jets at the moment, so I may get some back at +3. I have fade Miami angles of 14-1 and 8-1, and play on Jets angles of 50-18 and 10-3.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Huge Dolphan fan from Miami and all. That said these two teams are aweful this game used to mean something and I'd have it circled JeTS/DOLPHINS, now it bores me who gives a f\*\*k , that said I think Miami wins outright !!

BigDog
    BigDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Turns out to be the best game of the 4:00's ....Dolphins making a good comeback

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Dolphins suck sweaty cocks! I hate my fvcking team. I did not bet them (except for the BTP) this is just a pissed off fan. Forget that 4th qtr horse shit. This is one of the top 3 worst teams in football. Nick Saban is starting to piss me off the pompous a-hole.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think Saban should have just stayed at LSU...