Siuman
    Siuman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt -7...can they cover?????

I would like to get everyone's opinion about this game. I can see Pitt getting the win, but will they cover?

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

man that line seems screwed up..........looks like they are begging you to take kc.........i thought this should be 4.5 or so

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game looks like one of those "don't make sense" type games to me. I'm passing on this one personaly, but i'd play the Steelers if I just had to play it.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not feeling this game very much. I know Larry Johnson is banged up (neck) but will most likely play, and this is a must-win game for the Steelers, but like others have mentioned, the spread just looks skewed.

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have to be able to score 7 points to cover 7 points

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh yeah, they better cover

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I would play Pitt, I still don't believe Huard can continue this run

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think the Steelers will win by 10+

KC is playing their 2nd road game in a row and won a very emotional close game last week vs Ariz. The Steelers are desperate for a win and still have an amazing defense. KC might be able to eek out a victory vs the lowly Cards on the road but I really doubt they can even keep it close against a physical and desperate Steelers team.. KC is not that good..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Joey Porter is out for Sundays game, not sure that matters to you Steeler backers.

Here is the injury report on the Steelers and Chiefs:
    Pittsburgh Steelers: Guard Kendall Simmons ended up with the weirdest injury of the early season. He was ruled out of Sunday's game against the Chiefs because he suffered what appears to be frost bite. It's believed he fell asleep with an ice bag attached to his injured ankle while watching the Monday night game between the Broncos and Ravens. He's expected to be out until the skin grows back on his ankle. He will be replaced by Chris Kemoeatu. Cornerback Deshea Townsend didn't practice Friday because of his hamstring injury and remains very questionable. Odds aren't favoring him playing. If Townsend doesn't play, that would mean the Steelers lost three starters with injuries this week. Joey Porter pulled a hamstring in practice this week. Townsend hurt his hamstring on Wednesday. Out are linebacker James Harrison (ankle) and wide receiver Willie Reid (foot). Fullback Dan Kreider (knee) and defensive end Brett Keisel (ribs), who both practiced Friday, are probable and expected to play.

Kansas City Chiefs: It was a good day for wide receiver Dante Hall, who is questionable with a hip and should be available for some duty. Running back Larry Johnson (neck), tight end Kris Wilson (ankle) and left tackle Kyle Turley (back) are probable and each had good practices on Friday. They should play. Out are tackle Will Svitek (knee), linebacker Rich Scanlon (knee), running back Michael Bennett (hamstring), quarterback Trent Green (head) and cornerback Benny Sapp (knee).

imgv94

Backup defensive players will be playing their asses off it seems. Didn't know Porter was out.. Would be more concerned if Polumalu was out though..

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

no 1-3 team deserves to be favoured by a touchdown against a team with more wins.

Every week is a must win for Pittsburgh until they actually win. It's early in the season, Kansas also has to be thinking they want to win.

With Kendall down, there will be even more pressure on scared sheitless Rothie

spliff
    spliff's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was thinking along the same lines as imgv was b4 I got a look at the injuries...these Steelers are no Patroits(they win with wr's playing d-back) I gotta lay off.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Im glad you guys are making use of that injury report. Maybe I will start posting them in everyones threads concerning a game. To help out with your guys capping.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

This seems like WAY TOO MANY points. I believe a field goal decides this game.

turtlenthehouse
    turtlenthehouse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like KC and the points. Pitts doesn't look like a team that could come back. If KC scores first......

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

You have to take pitt for the simple fact of a seven point spread.
    Many suckers will bet KC +7 which will make up for the folks who know better like you. KC is my team since I was a kid but I have to say this game is not their game. Porter being sidelined is something that a Pitt team rallys behind be sure someone will pick up the slack. I will be betting against my team this week, I don't like to do it but I can't pass up an easy win.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

can't blame simmons for falling asleep watching balt/denver. zzz Would actually like pitt better if batch were starting...
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 10-14-06 at 07:18 AM.

Dougoudou
    Dougoudou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line makes you think tehy know something we don't. Perhaps for Hohnson or whatever. I mean 7? Seems too high. KC has a D this year. Defense travels. Pit needs the match more of course but does this mean you make a 1-3 team -7 pts fav over a -now- good defense? +7 looks too good to be true, but just because I am not sure what the catch is, I went small.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

i think kc wins by 3 myself. these are no where near the same steelers as last year.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant lay the 7 with the steelers here. definitely taking KC.

Noles2006
    Noles2006's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely one of those "WTF" lines...

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

proves me wrong once again...

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I think the Steelers will win by 10+

KC is playing their 2nd road game in a row and won a very emotional close game last week vs Ariz. The Steelers are desperate for a win and still have an amazing defense. KC might be able to eek out a victory vs the lowly Cards on the road but I really doubt they can even keep it close against a physical and desperate Steelers team.. KC is not that good..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Looks like they barely covered that 7.

Good job to everyone that took the Steelers today.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep i prefer to lose like that though............I think i should of factored in the fact that kc had a big game with sd on deck..........might of got me off the gm

gd work pit backers