stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Marshawn Lynch?

Can get Lynch cheap and would love to start him in Week 1.
    Is his back 100 percent?

Hawkeye2011
    Hawkeye2011's Avatar Become A Pro!

No. Hes on my fantasy team and hes very questionable for Sunday

YoungAD7
    New York Life
    YoungAD7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

same here i have him as well and doesn't look like he will return -_-

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

50/50 shot he plays week 1. Guy is gonna have a huge year though. HUGH.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

if you can get him cheap id still probably do it, although i wouldnt count on him for week 1

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

He's had back issues in the past, missed the Browns game last year with back spasms as well. Carroll is being very coy about Lynch's status for Sunday and I do believe he really is 50/50 to play. Even if he does play, I think he will split carries down the middle with Robert Turbin, the rookie from Utah State. Also, the Cards held him under 100 yards rushing in both match-ups last year. Arizona's defense statistically has not been very good the past couple years but they have made things difficult on Seattle's offense, especially in Arizona. My 2 cents.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by Not-A-Kid View Post
    He's had back issues in the past, missed the Browns game last year with back spasms as well. Carroll is being very coy about Lynch's status for Sunday and I do believe he really is 50/50 to play. Even if he does play, I think he will split carries down the middle with Robert Turbin, the rookie from Utah State. Also, the Cards held him under 100 yards rushing in both match-ups last year. Arizona's defense statistically has not been very good the past couple years but they have made things difficult on Seattle's offense, especially in Arizona. My 2 cents.
    Rock solid post

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I avoided him in the draft because of his back spasms. I'm not a doctor, but back spasms sound like something that won't go away. Kind of like a hamstring injury.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Pick up Robert Turbin, if you have M.Lynch or not.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

He's had back issues in the past, missed the Browns game last year with back spasms as well.
    That was right before he went on an 8 game TEAR down the stretch playing like the best RB in football when the line jelled.

Which teaches us that if he misses a game it has no bearing on future success that year.

If you can get him for even cheaper than what hes already at, id go for it.

Turbin might be good on your bench too though as an insurance policy if you have the space.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

i'd take him if I coulkd

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

Quote Originally Posted by therushishere View Post
    That was right before he went on an 8 game TEAR down the stretch playing like the best RB in football when the line jelled.

Which teaches us that if he misses a game it has no bearing on future success that year.

If you can get him for even cheaper than what hes already at, id go for it.

Turbin might be good on your bench too though as an insurance policy if you have the space.
    For the most part I agree and hope he plays this week and is healthy the whole year. The point was that for this week he may not be the best play and if you trade for him there's a question of how healthy he is. By the way, he missed the Cleveland game because he developed acute spasms in pregame. If I recall correctly, he didn't have issues the week before that game and his back was fine the next week. This latest issue has lingered and kept him out of practice for almost 3 weeks, which wasn't that concerning during preseason practices but now that it's Week 1 and he's still limited there is IMO some cause for concern.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

he missed the Cleveland game because he developed acute spasms in pregame. If I recall correctly, he didn't have issues the week before that game and his back was fine the next week.
    Wasn't aware of that detail. Good catch.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I drafted him, but benched him in favor of Ahmad Bradshaw for week 1. The Cardinals defense at home is tough if he does play.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Move this shit to the fantasy forum! Sick of these fantasy question horseshit!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Looks like a game-time decision.

Marshawn Lynch - RB - Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed Friday morning that a decision on Marshawn Lynch's (back) status will likely wait until until pre-game on Sunday.

"We need to see what happens after he practices today," Carroll said. "He looks fast. He looks quick. He looks like he's in great shape. He's got to get clearance from the doctors, so it's out of our hands. We'll go day-to-day and take it right up to game time." Carroll added that the ground attack is a big part of the game plan, and "we're going to keep running it no matter what."