CFB

Pitt v. Cincy -4
    Utah -7.5 v. Utah st
    Rice v. Kansas -9.5
    ARMY v. SDSU -6
    OK St. -13 v. Zona
    W.KU v. Bama -40

----

So far these are the games I have found some value in - but would love to hear any angles other people are working with on any of the games above.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I'm no NCAA sharp, but for the NFL...

I like The Eagles, Skins, and Tampa out of these 4... wouldn't touch Rams/Lions at the moment.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    I'm no NCAA sharp, but for the NFL...

I like The Eagles, Skins, and Tampa out of these 4... wouldn't touch Rams/Lions at the moment.
    Don't need to be sharp to find angles, just need local information.

Why are you thinking the Skins there?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Rams, to me, figure to still be clueless. Detroit should beat them solidly

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

TB/Car is going to a close one imo. Last year Car took them to the woodshed both times. With Schiano in town, I think it's going to be a different kind of game. Believe the under 47 to be the play here. Last year both games went way over the total as Car put up some serious points. Think Vegas has set the total based on last years results. GL.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Skins have solid D. Saints so many distractions in offseason.

Griffin to Garcon is something I think you'll be hearing a lot this year. Whoever the back is for the Skins will get some solid yards... pretty decent offensive line.

I say Saints win by a FG late.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

good info on the skins o-line Leafer!

I agree with the distractions part... add in out right loss of players and coaches make the saints a tough team to cap at this point
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Chi_archie 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Cleveland to cover against the Eagles.

Eagles still can't stop the run, and Trent Richardson, even at 75%, is going to maul that weak D-line of the Eagles.

On the other side of the ball, Vick is playing hurt already and it's only the first game of the season.

He's one good hit away from possibly being knocked out of the game.

On top of that, Cleveland playing at home, in the season opener, in an awfully tough environment for any team to play in, against a team the Browns have already played in the pre-season.

Take Cleveland and the points.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    I like Cleveland to cover against the Eagles.

Eagles still can't stop the run, and Trent Richardson, even at 75%, is going to maul that weak D-line of the Eagles.

On the other side of the ball, Vick is playing hurt already and it's only the first game of the season.

He's one good hit away from possibly being knocked out of the game.

On top of that, Cleveland playing at home, in the season opener, in an awfully tough environment for any team to play in, against a team the Browns have already played in the pre-season.

Take Cleveland and the points.
    as a guy from philly, how are so clueless in regards to this team?

did you just say their dline is weak?? they might single handedly cover this point spread... weeden is going to be a deer in headlights the entire game

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    TB/Car is going to a close one imo. Last year Car took them to the woodshed both times. With Schiano in town, I think it's going to be a different kind of game. Believe the under 47 to be the play here. Last year both games went way over the total as Car put up some serious points. Think Vegas has set the total based on last years results. GL.
    This

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

fun fact, never bet against the saint at home, saint always destroy their opponents at home game by at least 2tds
    Also need to consider the home opening game, SB is also host there this year. RGIII looking good but rookie still rookie
    RGIII vs drew brees go figure

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

If Pitt didn't lose to Youngstown state would you still be on Cincy?

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    Skins have solid D. Saints so

many distractions in offseason.

Griffin to Garcon is something I think you'll be hearing a lot this year. Whoever the back is for the Skins will get some solid yards... pretty decent offensive line.

I say Saints win by a FG late.
    Decent offensive line??? That line is terriable. rg3 doesnt make it to week 6

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    as a guy from philly, how are so clueless in regards to this team?

did you just say their dline is weak?? they might single handedly cover this point spread... weeden is going to be a deer in headlights the entire game
    You're out of your fukkin mind, being a homer, and have no clue.

The Eagles just got rid of their best run stopper in Antonio Dixon because he didn't "fit" their scheme according to them. Whatever the fukk that means.

They are now left with hoping that Cullen Jenkins, Derek Landri, Fletcher Cox, and Cedric Thornton can stop the run up front.

Good luck with that.

This D-line is built to pressure the QB not handle long, grinding, sustaining drives predicated on the run.

Any decent running back behind a half-decent o-line should be able to make progress against this Eagles D-line.

That's exactly what Cleveland is going to do.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Quote Originally Posted by Azshadios View Post
    fun fact, never bet against the saint at home, saint always destroy their opponents at home game by at least 2tds
    Also need to consider the home opening game, SB is also host there this year. RGIII looking good but rookie still rookie
    RGIII vs drew brees go figure
    further more,
    Not being a homer but saints will go 8-0 at home AGAIN. cant beat em in the dome. And they avg 30 smthng pts a game at home, cant see skins keeping pace in shootout. Only close games in dome this year will be atl and possibly san diego

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You're out of your fukkin mind, being a homer, and have no clue.

The Eagles just got rid of their best run stopper in Antonio Dixon because he didn't "fit" their scheme according to them. Whatever the fukk that means.

They are now left with hoping that Cullen Jenkins, Derek Landri, Fletcher Cox, and Cedric Thornton can stop the run up front.

Good luck with that.

This D-line is built to pressure the QB not handle long, grinding, sustaining drives predicated on the run.

Any decent running back behind a half-decent o-line should be able to make progress against this Eagles D-line.

That's exactly what Cleveland is going to do.
    You really must be new to this sport... stick to hockey..

You act like Jenkins and Cox are just rollovers hahaha the reason this d has struggled against the run in the past is bc of it's wide 9 scheme that relies heavily on the linebackers. Last yr, with absolute garbage linebackers, eagles were still midpack vs the run... Now they added a solid middle linebacker and a stud rookie Kendricks to help out.. not to mention its no longer the first yr with a brand new scheme under a brand new coach.. Either way, you act like a beat up trent richardson behind a weakass offensive line is going to control the clock. Are you forgetting that cleveland has absolutley no wrs and a rookie qb? Making it so the safeties can cheat up and help out with the run if needed? Learn the game pal..

Only chance cleveland has in this game is if philly turns the ball over multiple times in their own half of the field.. if not, they have no shot in hell.

You keep banking on a rookie qb with no wide outs and a beat up rookie running back going against the best pass rush in football with pro bowl talent on the outside... gl with that.

only chance this isnt a blowout is if the ealges have mulitple screw ups on offense.... as long as vick takes care of the ball, the defense will get him 20+ points easy just off of turnovers and field position

You would have to be a f*king moron do go anywhere near the browns this week... its eagles or nothing..

ChalkyDog

Well, looking good so far.

I am not anywhere near the browns, leaning towards philly - althought haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Chalky, im on the Lions and Eagles minus the points. Also taking the under on both games as I dont see either dog having much offense.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Wouldn't touch browns vs eagles. Eagles have far superior talent but there is way to much familarity between the staffs to be giving the browns more than a td

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Chalky, im on the Lions and Eagles minus the points. Also taking the under on both games as I dont see either dog having much offense.
    Leaning that way myself. Might have to pick between one of those games, or figure a way to eliminate one. After tonight, the rest of my weekend has way too much chalk.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Wouldn't touch browns vs eagles. Eagles have far superior talent but there is way to much familarity between the staffs to be giving the browns more than a td
    Yeah, I am really hating the number. Eagles would be a part of any teaser I would make this weekend.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Im bigger on philly simply because Bradford is getting used to playing with shitty offenses and they still have Jackson at RB, always potentially dangerous.

Im pretty sure Cle is as bad, if not worse, than most think. Weeden another colt mccoy, without the nfl experience.

vig
    vig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Check out Temple -9.5 at home vs. Maryland. Here's what I found so far.

Randy Edsall’s first team at Maryland was plagued with misfortune. Injuries kept mounting, forcing Edsall to use a different defensive lineup in every game. The attrition took such a heavy toll that Maryland collapsed in its season-finale vs. NC State, blowing a 27-point lead. In the off-season, QB Danny O’Brien left the pro- gram for Wisconsin. With O’Brien gone, the Terps were left with only one schol- arship QB until the newcomers arrived in the fall. As (bad) luck would have it, one of the newcomers, Perry Hills, became the starting QB by default, replacing C.J. Brown, an experienced hand, when Brown suffered a season-ending injury in mid- August. And the snake-bit Terrapins would suffer other afflictions. Starting DE Andre Monroe suffered a season-ending injury a week later and three other pro- jected defensive starters were out of action when Maryland opened the season against Towson State, an ugly 7-6 win for the Terps that can only be interpreted as the omen of another bad season. Temple had no trouble with Maryland last year, jumping up 31-0 at the break and then playing keep-away to maintain the separa- tion. Bernard Pierce scored five touchdowns and although Pierce, the best Temple player of recent vintage, has run out of eligibility, the Owls are well-fortified at RB with Matt Brown, who has nine 100-yard games, and new acquisition Montel Harris, the all-time leading rusher at Boston College. Temple settled into a good groove last year after entrusting the QB position to Chris Coyer, who would be named the MVP of the New Mexico Bowl. We haven’t yet seen the best of Coyer and this game has all the earmarks of another one-sided affair.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by vig View Post
    Check out Temple -9.5 at home vs. Maryland. Here's what I found so far.

Randy Edsall’s first team at Maryland was plagued with misfortune. Injuries kept mounting, forcing Edsall to use a different defensive lineup in every game. The attrition took such a heavy toll that Maryland collapsed in its season-finale vs. NC State, blowing a 27-point lead. In the off-season, QB Danny O’Brien left the pro- gram for Wisconsin. With O’Brien gone, the Terps were left with only one schol- arship QB until the newcomers arrived in the fall. As (bad) luck would have it, one of the newcomers, Perry Hills, became the starting QB by default, replacing C.J. Brown, an experienced hand, when Brown suffered a season-ending injury in mid- August. And the snake-bit Terrapins would suffer other afflictions. Starting DE Andre Monroe suffered a season-ending injury a week later and three other pro- jected defensive starters were out of action when Maryland opened the season against Towson State, an ugly 7-6 win for the Terps that can only be interpreted as the omen of another bad season. Temple had no trouble with Maryland last year, jumping up 31-0 at the break and then playing keep-away to maintain the separa- tion. Bernard Pierce scored five touchdowns and although Pierce, the best Temple player of recent vintage, has run out of eligibility, the Owls are well-fortified at RB with Matt Brown, who has nine 100-yard games, and new acquisition Montel Harris, the all-time leading rusher at Boston College. Temple settled into a good groove last year after entrusting the QB position to Chris Coyer, who would be named the MVP of the New Mexico Bowl. We haven’t yet seen the best of Coyer and this game has all the earmarks of another one-sided affair.
    Temple is a team I like, as I have them covering - but am watching it waiting to see if I can get a better number. I almost wish there was a way, similar to stocks, where I can tell it to automatically buy in for Xamount if line drops below Xnumber.