MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Strength Of Schedule Has Its Quirks !!!!

Welcome SBR members for another great year with threads and discussions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The NFL tries to promote parity with weighted strength of schedule, but does it always work? The 2012 schedule has its quirks, in large part because some divisions are significantly stronger than others.This not only
    affects a team mandated six divisional games, but also can impact non- divisional opponents, who are determined by annual rotating system.[the AFC East for example,faces selected teams from NFC West and AFC south this season]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Six of past years 12 playoff teams play"easy"[sub-.500 schedules]this season, including the Patriots, whose .453 opponent's percentage is NFL worst. Others: Packers,{469] ,Texans[.480, Falcons, 49ers[.488] Lions[.492]
    Nine teams that failed to make the play-offs now face statistically tough schedules Browns[.527] Rams[.523] Chargers[.520] Eagles[.516] Cardinals, Vikings [.512] Panthers[.508] Cowboys, Seahawks[.504]
    The Patriots are one of just two teams to play only four games against 2011 play-off teams[Buffalo is the other]
    Miami Schedule[.496] is tied with Oakland's for 19th toughest. The Dolphins play 10 games vs teams.500 or better and five games vs Playoff teams.
    The team with the toughest schedule? The Superbowl-Champion Giants[.547]
    I hope this will helpful in making your decisions and bets? Look for my threads for coming season and very good luck on your picks for the opening season of NFL.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Nice thread. I was aware that the Patriots had an easy schedule, but was unaware of others like the Packers and 49ers.

Out of your list of 9 teams that failed to make the playoffs there are 4 teams that I see that are serious contenders: the Eagles, the Cowboys, Chargers, and the Panthers.

The NFC East is a really tough division. The Cowboys have had tons of talent for years but just can't seem to make it work when it counts the most. Last year the Eagles were supposed to be the dream team but fell far from expectations. Perhaps they will dissapoint again. Week one hasn't arrived yet and Vick is already injured (ribs). The Chargers are another team that is just loaded with talent but choke when it counts the most. If the Eagles, Cowboys, or Chargers were to step it up and play to their potential then they could make the playoffs despite their tough schedules. Will they step up or will they choke for yet another year? We'll have to wait and see.

The last team is one I feel is poised to have a season similar to the Lions last year. I do not see them going to the Superbowl, but grabbing a wildcard spot is not unreasonable. The Panthers had a weak defense last year but their rookie QB showed real promise. I am interested to see if this team can build on that success.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks for info and good luck to you this seasoning

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14215

welcome back BOL this season

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks Gilbert!!! great to be back with SBR this season with a lot of nice folks, here at forum. Had great year last Season Gilbert [24-11-2[had great 5 week opener and went into slump, then made a great come back for week 15&16 + play- offs and tease on superbowl, Hope I have a better year this season Gilbert? Good luck to you Gilbert This Season!!!

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Harry is sharp. i always check out what he has to say. i'm bummed with Vikes schedule (obviously brutal division). wanted to ride them some this year.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Harry is sharp. i always check out what he has to say. i'm bummed with Vikes schedule (obviously brutal division). wanted to ride them some this year.
    Perhaps I will have to tail him.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

my two cents is don't blindly tail anybody. put your own work in. a lot of it. take the two or three guys whose opinion you value most & respect. go from there.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Great Advice fergie !!!!!& Thanks for complement !!! Also Very Good Luck To The Both Of You This Season On Your Picks,Threads & Bets With SBR... I have been diligent in my philosophy, just betting one game at each week[Some exceptions applied Monday & Thursday Night games] I never bet spreads over 10, Never a road team, getting 7 more points, Never home steam giving up 7 more points I work off a spread sheet, Weather,injures, Power ratings, Defense and Offense analyzes, Team coaches comparisons My Betting Style>> Press one time on 2nd win and will go back to a Original bet after the press Win Or Lose... One Bet at time ...You can't win? if you don,t press once. I believe my record does speak for itself as the single strongest winning formula I use in my NFL game predictions

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Thanks for sharing some knowledge Mr. Harry.

I myself am too much of a degen and would go nuts if I could only place one bet a week. I don't know how you do it but good luck this season!

bulichm
    bulichm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That would be hard betting only one gm a wk. I,d be hard pressed with less than 4, but there are wks that I wished I played only my #1 gm.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks For Your Comment's and Very Good Luck To You Guy's This Season With SBR

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14215

do you like anything on Dallas/Giants game

MR.HARRYtheHAT

No Gilbert, I will have my Thread[Pick& Bet] posted by friday!!!!!!