Tommy Nosepicks
    Tommy Nosepicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers done?

Not sure why everybody has counted them out. 1-3 is not a good way to start the season but they lost to 3 very good teams. Pittsburgh is still no worse than the 10th best team IMO and can still easily finish second in their division.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

theyre not done but this kid (Ben Roth...)better get it together in a hurry
    I think they need to beat baltimore twice in order to make it
    last game of the season is @cin, the bengals might have clinched by then but I dont think they will go easy on them
    i say they beat the chiefs this week, the -7 though, I dont know.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

John's right on this one. I don't think there done just yet either. I think the offense better get it togather in these next few weeks or they just might be done.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

They are done. No way they pull what they did last year.

rustyaustin
    rustyaustin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers are done

Ben may never be the same again, time will tell, remember what happened to Kurt Warner after he broke his hand, a journeyman at best, formerly the king of the world...

I bet they don't even make the playoffs at this point...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rustyaustin
    Ben may never be the same again, time will tell, remember what happened to Kurt Warner after he broke his hand, a journeyman at best, formerly the king of the world...

I bet they don't even make the playoffs at this point...
    I wouldn't go that far just yet. Theres still alot of games left to be played in the season, and I can see Pitt maybe going on a winning streak at some point, because they do still have the talent to make it back there again.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see them out of it yet but they need to do something quick to change the team around. Once Ben starts playing like himself the team will come together and get some wins. I can't really blame Ben though, I would be amazed if he played like last year given the recent events that happened to him.

Tommy Nosepicks

Expect the steelers to come out real strong against KC. They should cover easily. If they lose to KC right now they would certainly have much bigger problems than I thought.

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Nosepicks
    Not sure why everybody has counted them out. 1-3 is not a good way to start the season but they lost to 3 very good teams. Pittsburgh is still no worse than the 10th best team IMO and can still easily finish second in their division.

Pittsburgh's only win came against a 1-4 Miami team with Charlie Batch at the helm.

But than again Miami was in this spot last year too before pulling off some crazy streak of 6 straight wins or something.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

The Steelers have the componants to rally from this disaster of a start. With their defense playing as it has, it's not like they've gotten their collective butts kicked in the games they have played. And traveling to Jacksonville and to San Diego aren't easy trips to make. Ben's preseason injuries and start-of-the-season apendectomy are not easy things to recover from. He needs to regain his timing - especially with an also ailing Hines Ward, his top receiver - and he needs to get his confidence back. A lot of the NFL, and all games for that matter, are between the ears and right now Ben's body and mind strength are both ailing. An at-home win against KC should turn things around for the reigning Super Bowl champs.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last game, after their bye, had them coming out very confident and cocky. The undefeatable way they posed towards the SD crowd after a successful action! For a while the champs were back! But when SD turned the tables on them that may have broken their renewed spirit. They'll win games, but how many times can you come out with a total belief in your own invincibility? How long before doubt starts to creep in?

Roethlisberger stared his own mortality in the face this summer. In a way he knows too much now. This is no longer absolute to him. Football is relative. Can that be fixed? Probably. But not immediately.

Tommy Nosepicks

Wow. Okay I admit now they're done. I still think they would be favored at home against all but a small handful of teams but they just cannot get it together on the road.

The question now is will they fold or will they show pride and give every opponent fits? My money will stay the hell away from their games (at least the next couple).

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Looks like they are suffering without The Bus.

Anyways I like them this weekend vs Denver. Denver should get some money late in the week so I am hoping to get the Steelers at around pick em. Realistically they probably be -2 favorites at home.

Sportsgirl

The Steelers losses come from bad decision making at the helm. Each time Ben has played before he's ready, he has played poorly and this past weekend against Oakland he was singlehandedly responsible for that loss. Oakland had 98 yards of total offense, no offensive TDs and even their own starting quarterback said it would be hard to celebrate the "win" because they played so pathetically. Ben made some very bad choices Sunday - likely because he got his brains scrambled 7 days early. Why not put Charlie Batch, an 3-0 backup with 6 TDs and no INTs in against a crappy 1-5 Oakland team? This makes all the difference in that game and, possibly, for the Steelers' season. Can they recover - any given Sunday, man.

Jimmy The Greek
    Jimmy The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    The Steelers losses come from bad decision making at the helm.
    What do you think needs to be done...should Cowher go? Hard to change the way a coach operates. Maybe the Bus is 100% right about him leaving next year and the players are showing it. ???

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

I got me some PITT -2.5 early in the week (1 unit). Reason
    I took 'em actually was because the opening line had them as
    'dogs. I don't know the stat off hand but any time I see a
    big favourite lose outright and then as a dog the next week, I always take 'em especially at home. Um, it is Hallowe'en today, though and I gotta say it is a scary pick . . . I just see value here, not saying it's gonna win for sure, it's a percentage play.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy The Greek
    What do you think needs to be done...should Cowher go? Hard to change the way a coach operates. Maybe the Bus is 100% right about him leaving next year and the players are showing it. ???
    It's hard to say, but I'm guessing the Bus knows more than we do; although, you'd think if he was leaving, the team would want him to go out on a winning note. The team, as a whole is playing well - and defense is among the best in the league - but not playing Batch just baffles me. I like Ben, and I feel he will return to the form that got the Steelers to the SB last season, but I think more down time in the wake of his injuries would have been the better call than putting him in too soon. Batch is a more than adequate back-up and could have led the Steelers to win against hapless Oakland. But, these are just the Ramblings of a girl born in Pitssburgh!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

agreed re: Batch SG, I hope he's in this week . . .