stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Do you worry about these NFL replacement refs?

I'm not big time, my plays range from 100 to 300, but would you risk a 2 dime play knowing these inept refs could sink your wager with one inoppurtune, inept call?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

NFL is a tough customer. It looks like they applying the same strategy they used against the players union back in the late 80's. Basically saying the refs are not that important we will find competent replacements and break the union. But this could backfire if the refs do not perform well. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. As far as your roll, it could help or hurt.

SecondSucks
    SecondSucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 678

Not sure how i should feel. It could be a good thing or bad thing. But one bad call in a close game could mean a major hit to someones bankroll.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

what jobs are out there where you only work 1 day a week and make over $100,000? they are replaceable...

as for the replacement refs, we'll see in the first few weeks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ive been getting raped by the "pro" refs for years, dont see how these backups can be that much worse...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    ive been getting raped by the "pro" refs for years, dont see how these backups can be that much worse...
    Best comment in the thread.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Jesus Christ....do people really think refs screw them over....it goes both ways, you will lose games because of bad officiating and win games because of bad officiating it will even out in the long run.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Jesus Christ....do people really think refs screw them over....it goes both ways, you will lose games because of bad officiating and win games because of bad officiating it will even out in the long run.
    certainly not saying that isnt true, but any gm i win thanx to shithole officiating means some other poor sap got screwed..worst 1 i remember was indy/phi a few years back, had phi, indy driving ball go on 4th down and get stopped only for punk ref to call roughing on phi because a guy put his hands up to block pass and his hand may have touched side of mannings helmet on way down (may have)..

all im saying is the refs that been there for years been deciding gms and it has only gotten worse with all the new pussy rule changes, do i think having replacement refs is really gonna make it much worse? NOPE, shit calls will continue to decide gms here and there like always...

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Personally, I think replacement refs are going to favor high-octane passing home teams. NO, GB, DET, etc. Pass interference is likely the most subjective call to make (and maybe holding). I've seen so many refs make "reactionary" PI calls for the home team this preseason already. I want to take a team like the RAM +9 Week 1, but I'm probably going to skip it just because of this reason. There's already enough variance in a game...this adds an unnecessary layer.

Preseason is one thing when results don't matter (except for us)...imagine how intimidated they'll be with a full house, millions watching on TV, an even faster game, and big stakes on the line...

It's not going to be pretty..

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell no, I don't worry about the replacements.

It's the regular ones that fixed all those games for all those years.

I hope the regular refs never come back.