frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Chiefs best odds to win the AFC west at +325

Don't see much value in Denver or SD at +170 and +180 respectively. Both SD and Denver are on the old side, while the Chiefs are bringing Jamal Charles and core young talent on the Defense.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Unless Peyton has his best year ever, I really like this play

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Honestly, I think KC will finish last in that division. They are weak at QB and Charles has been out of action for a year, man. You can't just come back right away and be a beast. It will take some time to adjust to the speed of a real NFL game versus a preseason one. He will be good no doubt, but asking him to carry an entire offense? I don't know. GL.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They have Hillis and DMC who are both solid if he is not back but i think he is

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

It's a good bet.

Excluding QB, the Chiefs have the best roster in the NFL.
    Points Awarded:

bb_skoots gave CrazyCarl 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Chiefs and bills are my sleepers thus year, love the play

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Like the play, grabbed +490 at Matchbook

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Honestly, I think KC will finish last in that division. They are weak at QB and Charles has been out of action for a year, man. You can't just come back right away and be a beast. It will take some time to adjust to the speed of a real NFL game versus a preseason one. He will be good no doubt, but asking him to carry an entire offense? I don't know. GL.

Hillis + McCluster...Cassell back and healthy to go along with a top 10 offensive line(that added Winston who is a hugue upgrade on RT) and of course one of the best defense's in the league. Someone doesn't watch much NFL.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Jamaal Charles

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

49ers have the worst qb in their division. That argument is not valid.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

It's not a bad bet. I think they finish 1st or 2nd. AFC West is wide open, and they'll get overlooked because they don't have the fancy named QB like Rivers, Peyton, and Palmer. SD will be a mess this year, they have no weapons on offense, and Mathews and Gates will battle injuries all season long.

KC has one of the best home field advantages and a great defense.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

[QUOTE=Speedy88;15739088]It's not a bad bet. I think they finish 1st or 2nd. AFC West is wide open, and they'll get overlooked because they don't have the fancy named QB like Rivers, Peyton, and Palmer. SD will be a mess this year, they have no weapons on offense, and Mathews and Gates will battle injuries all season long.

KC has one of the best home field advantages and a great

Edit

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

KC made the playoffs a year ago mainly due to their schedule, still not sold on them and Cassel

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Chiefs and bills are my sleepers thus year, love the play

Bills look good.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post

Hillis + McCluster...Cassell back and healthy to go along with a top 10 offensive line(that added Winston who is a hugue upgrade on RT) and of course one of the best defense's in the league. Someone doesn't watch much NFL.
    It's a quarterback league. If you don't have a top 10 qb, you will struggle to make the playoffs. That's the reality. No chance the chiefs make the playoffs. That division got much better than a year ago. Much better. I will be back when I'm right as usual.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Disagree Goat, Chiefs look pretty damn good...

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    It's a quarterback league. If you don't have a top 10 qb, you will struggle to make the playoffs. That's the reality. No chance the chiefs make the playoffs. That division got much better than a year ago. Much better. I will be back when I'm right as usual.
    Only reason it got better is because Chiefs got their best players back. Peyton will not succeed in the AFC West.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Goat settle down. The chiefs are a good squad run by by good people. They are lethal on defense and any offense they got is bonus. They should win this division. Sd has zero value and will prob finish last. Oak is decent and denver is overrated because of peyton. Kc to win the afc has good value let alone the div.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Chiefs are better. Addition by subtraction. Got rid of that fool coach Haley. And previous post was right about talent level on this team. This team should win that division.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

KC's got a tough stretch to open the year, with their first 5 games being ATL, @BUF, @NO, SD, BAL, but from that point onward, the only top tier team they face is @PIT in Week 10. Even if they have a poor start, they still have a solid chance of winning the division, and if they can win 3 or more of their first 5 games, they could put up an 11 win season this year.

However, I'm not convinced that SD is going to be a pushover. You have to think that Rivers is looking forward to Week 4 after his fumble to lose the game last year at Arrowhead, and for all that went wrong for them last season, they still managed an 8-8 year. I think the winner of this division will need to go 10-6,

lakerboy

Sd is shit suicide. They win 6 games tops.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You must love the current Under 9 wins being offered then

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont sleep on the Raiders that Division is wide open!

lakerboy

yeah -157 isn't too bad on under 9

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    KC's got a tough stretch to open the year, with their first 5 games being ATL, @BUF, @NO, SD, BAL, but from that point onward, the only top tier team they face is @PIT in Week 10. Even if they have a poor start, they still have a solid chance of winning the division, and if they can win 3 or more of their first 5 games, they could put up an 11 win season this year.

However, I'm not convinced that SD is going to be a pushover. You have to think that Rivers is looking forward to Week 4 after his fumble to lose the game last year at Arrowhead, and for all that went wrong for them last season, they still managed an 8-8 year. I think the winner of this division will need to go 10-6,
    You seem to forget that the Chiefs were missing their best defensive player, their best offensive player, their quarterback, and their second receiving option (3/4 of those for almost the entire season).

You also seem to have forgotten (at least to mention) that the Chiefs played with Tyler Palko for a few weeks, and had Todd Haley completely lose his mind in that timeframe, and have a coaching change.

Despite that, they would've made the Playoffs if not for Oakland blocking not one but two field goals in week 17.

I actually laughed a bit when you said something along the lines of "still managed an 8-8 year" for the Chargers when the team you were talking about right before them went through infinitely more.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Best defense in NFL
    Best special teams in NFL
    Best running game in NFL
    Cassel a better Qb rating than John Elway
    Championship

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Their defense is very underrated. They have the ability to play with anyone in the league at home. Its a tough division and I think the Chiefs win at least 8 games this year. However I wouldn't want my money tied up in a +325 bet for 6 months.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Best defense in NFL
    Best special teams in NFL
    Best running game in NFL
    Cassel a better Qb rating than John Elway
    Championship
    Alright let's not get out of hand here. It's more of the Afc West being the worst Division in the league than anything. The Premier teams are still the Pats, Ravens, Texans, and Steelers.

CrazyCarl

Oh, we're talking playoff success now? I think the Chiefs have the best roster in the NFL if you don't include QB's, but I think they'll lose the first game of the playoffs because of their inferior QB play.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Chiefs also should be improved on offensive line, new center that will help Hillis power game, and rookie guard from Illinois who could help pass protect. Also local guys saying Baldwin really impressed with offseason work and can do some real damage in single coverage he'll see. If you watched last 5/6 games last year, will see Romeo's D was solid last year without blitzing a whole lot, I def think he incorporates more blitz, because of lack of real pass rush stud on D line. Loving week one play with Falcons O line issues.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Crennel is a fukking joke!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yea, they traded away a lot of good players through the years.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Crennel is a fukking joke!
    yeah, he has all that talent in Cleveland and just couldn't get it done...Cribbs, and.....Cribbs.....and, ummm....Cribbs, and ummm, yeah.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I like the bet, I jumped on them to make the playoffs at +195.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    KC made the playoffs a year ago mainly due to their schedule, still not sold on them and Cassel
    They are better this year than the year they made the playoffs Better complimentary receivers to go with Bowe, more depth at running back and a better defense that is better coached with Crennel.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 08-22-12 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Crennel, not Crowell LOL

12 Last