Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

More "Douche-baggery" from Desean Jackson.

DeSean Jackson 'giving it all' now
    Updated: August 20, 2012, 4:57 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson told ESPN's Lisa Salters that he didn't give a full effort last season because he didn't want to get injured before signing a new contract.

While no one probably ever thought he'd come out and say it, we all kind of knew this about DeSean Jackson in 2011, Dan Graziano writes.

When asked about instances when his effort was questioned, Jackson said: "I let it get to me, even though I tried not to let it. I was trying to protect myself from getting hurt -- now I'm just giving it all."

After receiving the Eagles' franchise tender, Jackson signed a five-year, $51 million extension with $15 million guaranteed in March. Jackson said he was "happy to finally get the contract. I felt with what I had done for the team, I deserved it."

Jackson sought a contract extension last year and held out the first 11 days of training camp. During the season, Jackson was deactivated for a Week 10 game against the Arizona Cardinals and benched during a Week 12 loss to the New England Patriots.

He finished with 961 receiving yards, his lowest total since his 2008 rookie season, and averaged a career-low 6.7 yards on punt returns.

jaygator
    jaygator's Avatar Become A Pro!

Smart dude.

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Some would call him a douche-bag, other would commend him for his honesty.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I can't stand the guy, think he's a scumbag...but I don't blame him a bit.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I have a feeling he'll be one of those guys that will have a career ending injury slipping on a banana peel or something...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by jaygator View Post
    Smart dude.

i always thought he was an idiot but he's smarter than i thought.