Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13485

HEADS UP ... Pats pre-season schedule

3 games in 10 days. As with most teams game 4 a scrub fest. Also most point to game 3 as the primer. They play tomorrow (Monday) and then again Friday (game 3). I'm guessing you won't be seeing a lot of the regulars or at least not for long Monday.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Conversely Eagles will be treating this as their regular season dress rehearsal, which is why they have gone from +3 to PK

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Conversely Eagles will be treating this as their regular season dress rehearsal, which is why they have gone from +3 to PK
    Thanks LT wish we would have put this together a little earlier.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

And for those that didn't already know, the reason Eagles are treating this as their primer is because they play the Browns in Week 3 next week, the same team they play opening week of regular season. Thus, both teams treating this week as Week 3. Browns won in Green Bay 35-10.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18691

I'm NOT on tonight's game, but it's hard to gauge what Belichick wants to evaluate week-to-week in preseason games. Running over some numbers in week 2 preseason games under BB since 2000, the Pats are 6-6, winners of their last two. In 2010 NE won @ ATL 28-10 and Brady played the entire 1H. Last year a 47-12 drubbing vs JAX, and Brady never took a snap. I can see NE wanting more starter production in this game becasuse of their 'three games in ten days' schedule, and PHL wanting to play their starters longer due to the CLE factor. Since I don't know, I know enough to stay away.
    Last edited by Hilljacademics; 08-20-12 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Ran out of popcorn
    Points Awarded:

omalley21 gave Hilljacademics 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Confirmed that Phil expected to play starters 3 qtrs.

cutter2225
    cutter2225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

This will turn into a night to rest some starters

Some of the Patriots’ key starters won’t be playing tonight against the Eagles, as the Pats plan to take it easy on some players as they prepare for an intense 10-day stretch in which they play three games and conduct two joint practices, not to mention the travel and impending roster cuts.
    I’m not sure what this means for Tom Brady at this point, but based on the fact that several starters won’t be playing, it’s definitely not a certainty that Brady will play. Again, I haven’t heard about him specifically, so that’s just a guess on my part.
    However, Brady only got two sets of 11-on-11 work during Friday’s practice, which sparked the notion that Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer will be getting a lot of action against the Eagles.
    We also might not have any concrete answers until game time because Bill Belichick does like to have his healthy players run through an entire pregame routine to get a feel for their preparation and the atmosphere as they get ready for the regular season. In the past, when someone like Brady has been healthy enough to play but rests for a preseason game, he has warmed up in uniform but hasn’t gone through the chore of completely taping up his cleats and stuff like that.
    So, who could rest? It might be some of the more-tenured veterans or players who have had a good week of practice. We’ll see.
    This entry was posted on Monday, August 20th, 2012 at 1:06 pm and is filed under Preseason game

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks for the input cutter. Don't usually bet PS FB but thinking about a small play here.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Disappointed in self. Missed a great line movement here. See what happens.