stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Tim Tebow isn't even the best backup QB in New York

David Carr is.
    I always liked Carr, could start for most has been teams.
    Some NFL guy once told me, "the most important position on any NFL roster is the backup QB"

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

David Carr sucks, he got his chance and sucked. Complete loser.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

How good a QB is David Carr? Who knows as he played on some bad teams in Houston. It would be interesting to see how he would do with the NYG if Manning went down.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    How good a QB is David Carr? Who knows as he played on some bad teams in Houston. It would be interesting to see how he would do with the NYG if Manning went down.
    Coughlin loves him as his backup, and yes, Carr had nothing for a offensive line in Houston.

stevenash

Nice pass there Timmy. He had an uncontested TD throw and short arms it. Carr makes that completion 99 times out of 100

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Carr is a would be a guy I would love to hear interviewed. He never got a fair chance to thrive as a QB. Started for an expansion team, with probably the worst offensive line in NFL history. The guy that was supposed to cover his backside @LT, Bosseli, was INJ B4 ever taking a snap. Never played with anyone on the roster worth a damn either.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Some NFL guy once told me, "the most important position on any NFL roster is the backup QB"
    That sounds like something a stoner would say after 10 beers and a tab of acid.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I said I liked the Giants +3.5 in the superbowl so much I would bet it with David Carr starting

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

carr has sucked everywhere else too

The Bull
    The Bull's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tebow is better than dirty sanchez lets be real. All he does is win.

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I don't noe who the best is but it ain't Teboe. It wasn't him even last year. I gotta agree wit that Notre Dame QB, he's the luckiest QB in the league.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    David Carr is.
    I always liked Carr, could start for most has been teams.
    Difference is, I guarantee you Tebow will be starting at some point for the Jets.

makaveli66

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Difference is, I guarantee you Tebow will be starting at some point for the Jets.
    Who gives a fu**? Jets ain't goin anywhere anyway. Giants put em in there place today as the team in NJ wich I new they would. Jets to publical n sh*t. They wil struggle to make the playoffs, whereas the Giants have a shot a repeating.

makaveli66

Only pre season, but just sayin.. Tebow don't mean sh*t.

makaveli66

Makaveli get the last word. I end alot of topics. I'm statin a fact.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

carr might be better because tebow is atrocious

david carr fukking sucks though...ill tell you that

i saw first hand how horrific he was in carolina

let eli go down....then lay everything against the giants that week if its a decent team

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

David Carr = solid back up QB

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

you guys don't even know. Carr is solid. he didn't get a chance in Houston. Weak WEAK OL and thrown into an expansion team...come on. Coughlin is a great Head coach. you think he is stupid to have carr as a back up for multiple years? If eli goes down, nyg have the motor to still be a solid team. plus carr had been around and seen a LOT of shit. He just never had a chance. Look at where he has been a back up...all solid teams. You just dont know. Backing up manning (eli has 2 superbowl rings) and u think he hasn't picked up a few things in addition to starting for texans for a long ass time.
    U look at when he played in carolina, thats not fair. He has always been on rebuilding/expansion teams. Why u think after he went to sf (again in a year they were still sorting things out) nyg got him back? If u saw him in college, he was good. and before u say it was college, he was starter in nfl for years. he got beat down and sacked more times than anyone, and he still got up. Tough mofo if u ask me. U give him an OL, i promise u he will win. may not have sick numbers, but, and this is important, he wont give the ball away. some say thats just an important a quality for a qb.
    you know how many times he was inquired about by other teams to be their back up and compete for starter? u think nyg would give him up. Just watch. if eli ever gets hurt, he is a solid back up. U know damn well coughlin surrounds himself with talent. If u want a good read, look up Pat Flaherty. In all the times coughlin has been on the hot seat, u want a name u NEVER heard of, Flaherty. He whips those boys in shape. And if u know football, the game is so important in the trenches. Coughlin considers himself a running coach. All their rb get GREAT numbers...why? bc the OL. Look at jacobs. he looked like a prince...and he went to SF. he is lucky they have a good OL too. anywhere else he is avg at best. U think he is a top rb? i dont, but that OL does wonders.
    Last edited by shooms79; 08-19-12 at 05:20 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tebo is a disaster

The Denver thing was a real fluke

Jets in serious trouble this year

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

David Carr is a backup and that's where he belongs. He could come in and steady the ship for a few weeks, that's it.

The Bull
    The Bull's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ground and pound. Tebow would be the correct choice. He stinks..... Blah blah blah. He is like 8-2 starting in nfl, won 2 nat champs in college, 1 in high school. He isnt a dickhead drug loser, wife beater etc etc etc that we see almost daily now. I support him.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by The Bull View Post
    Ground and pound. Tebow would be the correct choice. He stinks..... Blah blah blah. He is like 8-2 starting in nfl, won 2 nat champs in college, 1 in high school. He isnt a dickhead drug loser, wife beater etc etc etc that we see almost daily now. I support him.
    Tebow is a winner like you said. But he does not sling the Rock effectively enough to be a consistent QB. Do not think he is the long term answer for the NYJ.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

carrs problem is that he holds on the ball way too long.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

more stupid shit from sn.

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Carr would start in most of the other teams in the league.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by FlaxMartin View Post
    Carr would start in most of the other teams in the league.
    What teams would that be? I can come up with 3 or 4 "maybes" tops. Carr couldn't even beat out a crappy Alex Smith.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

He could start in Miami.