Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    You didn't answer the question as to which team is better?
    Tough call. Splitting hairs. But probably go with the first team with Brees and Gronkowski.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Tough call. Splitting hairs. But probably go with the first team with Brees and Gronkowski.
    Interesting. Just to let you know then that both teams would then probably make the post season.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

as far as Kevin Smith goes.....Keiland Williams has been getting a ton of touches so far in pre season and doing very well...would pick him up off FA

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

You really gotta stop drafting defenses and kickers before he last two rounds. It's -EV

Impossible to know who the best defense will be. Changes so much week to week

And you're giving up the chance to find the late round sleepers that can win your league, as well as hurting your bench depth

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    You really gotta stop drafting defenses and kickers before he last two rounds. It's -EV

Impossible to know who the best defense will be. Changes so much week to week

And you're giving up the chance to find the late round sleepers that can win your league, as well as hurting your bench depth
    +1

I probably like the 1st team a little better. The key is to really work the waiver wire for RB's. There are many sharing time, see who is emerging. You also want to pick a D two weeks before you use them (blocks others) if youhave the roster space. An avg D playing a horrible offense can get you nice points also.

When in doubt on RB's, go with the younger one with upside.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

You did a lot better in the early rounds on your second draft.

The total point differential for a season is so much smaller between a tier 1 QB (rodgers, brady, brees) than it is a third tier like Ryan or Romo, compared to the difference between a tier 1 RB and a tier 3.

I almost always prefer taking RBs in a league when you can start 3 or have a flex position. I would take the tier 1 QBs in the second round, but thats it.

Me personally, I would take your second team.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

In these leagues always draft RB and WR heavy. In today's game getting a top tier QB at 4-6 isn't too bad. Draft 3 solid backs first then QB. Defense and kickers should be towards the end. Second team slightly better IMO...

NYSportsGuy210

49ers amd Texas Defense week in and week out is like drafting a player getting u 5-6 receptions and 60 yards and a TD every week.

Not wasteful picks IMO

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    49ers amd Texas Defense week in and week out is like drafting a player getting u 5-6 receptions and 60 yards and a TD every week.

Not wasteful picks IMO
    Person in my draft last year drafted Steelers D in the 11th round.. Steelers barely made the top 10 list last year for defense. With the next pick, I grabbed Jimmy Graham.

It is better to try to get lucky and grab a stud in the late rounds... those are the picks that win your league, not the first few rounds.... Your picks are too valuable to waste on a defense.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    Person in my draft last year drafted Steelers D in the 11th round.. Steelers barely made the top 10 list last year for defense. With the next pick, I grabbed Jimmy Graham.

It is better to try to get lucky and grab a stud in the late rounds... those are the picks that win your league, not the first few rounds.... Your picks are too valuable to waste on a defense.
    I hear ya. But no one should rely drafting on "luck" to win a draft. If thats the case dont draft at all. You may get away with it in standard format 12 team leagues but no real good fantasy player plays in those.

First 12