SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profit: Rams -3 at Green Bay

Rams -3 At Green Bay

Game Time: 10/8/2006 1:00:00 PM
    By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

It's going to be a long season in Green Bay, and it could be a long Sunday this week when the Rams visit the Packers.

As if being one of the worst teams in the NFL is not enough, the Packers have an added disadvantage here of playing on a short week following their Monday night debacle in Philadelphia.

That is bad news considering that the Green Bay defense needs as much time as possible to prepare for this Rams offense. St. Louis turned back the clock a few years to its Showtime days last week in a 41-34 win over Detroit, and the Rams are catching yet another weak NFC North defense here. Quarterback Marc Bulger has completed nearly 60 percent of his passes while throwing for 1039 yards in his first four games, with five touchdowns and no interceptions as of yet. He should have a field day throwing on a Green Bay secondary that is surrendering 292.5 passing yards per game on an unacceptable 8.4 yards per pass attempt.

The Packers knew they had no defense entering this season, so they knew they had to try and outscore people to be competitive. Well that has not been the case as Green Bay is averaging a disappointing 16.8 points per game, and their total lack of a running game has made it virtually impossible for Brett Favre to find open receivers vs. defenses that are now simply geared to defend the pass. Thus Favre is only averaging 6.43 yards per pass attempt, and he has already thrown five interceptions against six touchdown passes.

Play: Rams -3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I couldn't play either side in this game myself. however, I do have a lean towards the under.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I would agree with the Rams here, because I think their defense will confuse and hurt Favre big time, but tomorrow is not the day I start laying chalk on the road, so I'm passing.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9566

Rams defense was atrocious last week. Detroit looked like the 49ers of the 1980s out there. I like the SL offense, but the defense is a big worry. I'm 2-0 with the Rams this season but not touching this one.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    Rams defense was atrocious last week. Detroit looked like the 49ers of the 1980s out there. I like the SL offense, but the defense is a big worry. I'm 2-0 with the Rams this season but not touching this one.
    Well, Martz knows that team as well as anybody, so it doesn't surprise me the Lions were able to move the ball against them.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

driver out due to ribs, pack also cut corner back in already banged up secondary (if they fired all who failed Monday night they couldn't field a team), hate to go against even this pack team in Lambeau but probably going to...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

any word on Ahman Green? If he doesn't play, this one done by half time.