NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Guys, schedules are determined years in advance and prior year's finish only affects 2 games on the schedule. No team is "assigned" anybody by the league. The reason Pats' schedule is so easy is because AFC East faces NFC West and AFC South this year. The only 2 games affected by Pats finishing first last year is they play the first place teams in the other two divisions in conference, and one of those is 8-8 Denver.

I did not realize it was assigned years in advance as far as the 6 remaining games go. I knew as I stated above about the predetermined 6 games intra-divisional and the rotating conferences (ie AFC west vs. NFC north one year then AFC west vs. NFC south the next) but did not realize the other remaining 6 games were also predetermined in advance if that is what you are saying.

If that is the case then it makes sense.
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 08-05-12 at 07:32 PM.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    actually, he doesnt have a fukkin clue or else he wouldnt have made the post asking why the nfl is "giving" teams easier schedules ... we all agreed that the schedule looked a little weak, but even after he was told why things are the way they are, he still wanted to argue with the facts...its a common thing for this kid..he has strong opinions...too bad i rarely see any of them being remotely close to correct... its the new york way
    Shut up you wanna be know-it-all moron. You keep making sh*t up like you did on that other thread. We need more normal people on SBR and less clowns like you that distort reality to make yourself look better than you are.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    I did not realize it was assigned years in advance as far as the 6 remaining games go. I knew as I stated above about the predetermined 6 games intra-divisional and the rotating conferences (ie AFC west vs. NFC north one year then AFC west vs. NFC south the next) but did not realize the other remaining 6 games were also predetermined in advance if that is what you are saying.

If that is the case then it makes sense.
    Right. 14 games on the schedule are 6 vs. division, 4 games vs. pre-determined division in conference and 4 vs. pre-determined non-conference division. The other two games are vs. the teams in the other divisions inside the conference that finished in the same place the team did in standings prior year.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Right. 14 games on the schedule are 6 vs. division, 4 games vs. pre-determined division in conference and 4 vs. pre-determined non-conference division. The other two games are vs. the teams in the other divisions inside the conference that finished in the same place the team did in standings prior year.

Thanks for the insight.

First 12